This creamy veggie packed condensed cream of asparagus soup is perfect for cold winter evenings or any time of year!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Delicious Condensed Cream of Asparagus Soup
I can’t say anyone has ever accused me of not liking food. Creamy, salty, sweet, cheesy, rich, buttery- I love it all. I’ve never been super fond of casseroles, though. Not that I didn’t like the convenience or the taste- there was just something about condensed soup casserole bases that kind of weirded me out because I didn’t really grow up with them. I assumed that making your own condensed soup base would be a crazy complicated process (or else why would the little cans of gelatinous soup bases be in SO many dishes?), so I never tried making my own from fresh, whole foods. I am so glad I recently tried out making my own base though- because this Homemade Condensed Cream of Asparagus Soup is so delicious, easy to make, and fantastic for casseroles and baked dishes!
I also recently posted this recipe for condensed mushroom and onion soup and it turned out so good, I wanted to make another twist on it for asparagus. They are both so delicious and easy to make, it will soon be a staple in your weekly dinner rotations, too!
This condensed soup can easily be made paleo or gluten free- just sub out the flour for gf flour or tapioca starch.
This condensed soup can be used in any recipe you’d use a concentrated soup base- its great for casseroles, creamy rice dishes, complex soups or stews, and even as a sauce for chicken, vegetable, or steak dishes.
Sides to Enjoy with your Cream of Asparagus Soup
Try enjoying one of these delicious breads with your cream of asparagus soup.
Also try these side salads.
Homemade Condensed Cream of Asparagus Soup
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Creamy delicious condensed cream of asparagus soup is the perfect winter time side or dinner!
- 1 large bunch of asparagus, washed and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee or oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour, can substitute GF flour or tapioca starch
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp sage
- In a large pan, heat butter until it melts on medium.
- Add onions and asparagus and cook on medium until softened and browned.
- In a small bowl, add cream and flour and whisk well until clumps are gone.
- When vegetables are soft and slightly browned, add vegetable stock slowly, while stirring.
- Keep stirring vegetables and stock, and slowly add milk and flour mixture.
- Add seasonings and cook on medium for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soup base has thickened.
- Remove from heat and add to casserole or a sterile jar with a tight fitting lid.
- If keeping in the refrigerator, use within 2-3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Amount Per Serving Calories 414Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 59mgSodium 774mgCarbohydrates 42gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 5gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 7g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.