Cranberry Apricot Baked Brie
Dec 29, 2018, Updated Nov 20, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cranberry Apricot Baked Brie is a simple, easy, and so delicious puff pastry baked brie en croute with fruit. It’s perfect for a party, appetizer, or a cheesy indulgent treat!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Cranberry Apricot Baked Brie
This Apricot and Cranberry Baked Brie Recipe is simple, easy, and so delicious. It is a gorgeous show-stopping appetizer that the whole family loves – and can be prepped well ahead of a party to pop in the oven for fuss-free entertaining that won’t take you away from guests.
Brie baked in a delicious puffy crunchy pastry, filled with ooey, gooey melted brie and a sweet and tart fruit topping is about the most indulgent appetizer ever – and you won’t believe just how easy this recipe is. This baked brie is perfect for dinner parties, a big Super Bowl party, quiet dinners in, or just as a snack on a cozy weekend!
How to make Cranberry Apricot Baked Brie
To make this baked brie assemble the following ingredients:
- Wheel of Brie cheese – brie is a very common creamy soft French cheese that can be found at any grocery store. It is perfect for melting and taking on other flavors. See our tips below on how to remove the rind, you can leave the sides if you want but be sure to trim the top off.
- Puff pastry- puff pastry is a staple in my house because it has a wonderful flakey texture and can be kept in the freezer till you need it. You want your pastry warm enough to handle but not room temperature, keep chilled in the refrigerator till you need it.
- Apricot preserves – you can use any preserves you want but the tartness of apricot and sweetness of the jam works really well with the craisins in this recipe.
- Craisins – craisins are just dried cranberries, these give a seasonal festive tart flavor to this baked brie.
- Sea salt – use a high quality sea salt to bring the flavor of the preserves and the craisins out.
- Egg – use one whole egg whipped up for the egg wash to give you brie a nice finish.
- Water – water is used here to loosen up the egg and make a good egg wash for finishing off the baked brie. Egg wash helps it get a golden color when baking.
- Fresh cranberries – I love the festive tartness of cranberries and these are added late in baking to tease you at what could be inside the puff pastry wrapped brie. It adds a pop of color to the finished product but is optional.
Once you have assembled the ingredients use the following method
Prep Brie. Trim top off of brie. Make a “well” on the top of the brie by pressing the bottom of a glass on top. Top the brie with the preserves, craisins, and salt mixed.
Wrap. Roll puff pastry to 12-inch square to encase the brie wheel in. Tuck the sides underneath the wheel to make a sort of envelope. Or you can wrap the brie in pie crust, and then chill. Make two small vent holes on top. Brush some egg wash along pastry edges to give it a shine.
Bake. Set the brie on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees for 15 – 18 minutes. Remove from the oven, brush with more egg wash and top with any remaining fruit mixture or the fresh cranberries. Return to the oven and bake until brie is golden brown, about 5-10 more minutes.
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Cranberry Apricot Baked Brie
To get a perfect puff pastry baked brie texture for your cheese, there are a couple tips and tricks that will help make this recipe even easier.
Cool the brie. Letting your wheel of brie chill after being prepped will help everything cook perfectly.
Use puff pastry dough or pastry shell. To bake brie in a pastry shell, I like to use puff pastry dough, or a premade pie crust. While either work, I prefer to use puff pastry when possible.
Use an egg wash. Be sure to beat egg white until foamy in a small bowl to make a simple and easy egg wash. It will add a beautiful professional shine to the top.
Trim off extra dough. You want to have a tight-fitting pastry around the brie and any extra dough will become too crunchy and cook unevenly.
You can store leftover baked brie in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. I reheat mine in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm.
Place your palm flat on the top of the brie. Use a sharp knife to slice the very top of the rind off. Be careful to not cut too close to your hand! Once you have removed the top trim the rind off the sides. You can also trim brie using a mandolin.
Other Easy Appetizers You’ll Love
If you love this simple and delicious puff pastry baked brie en croute, be sure to check out some of my other favorite appetizers:
Or try these personal favorites Khachapuri Georgian Cheese Bread, Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Easy Fogo De Chao Brazilian Cheese Bread Copycat, Pimento Cheese Dip, Sweet and Spicy Guinness Snack Mix, Slow Cooker Honey Soy Chicken Wings, Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Dip, Easy Pan Fried Halloumi Greek Cheese, also check out How to Make a Cheese Plate.
Apricot Cranberry Baked Brie Recipe
If you love this easy apricot cranberry baked brie recipe as much as I do, please give it five stars and help me share on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 wheel brie, rind removed
- 1 sheet puff pastry, warm enough to handle but not room temperature, keep chilled
- 3 tbsp apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp fresh cranberries, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheetpan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine preserves, craisins, and salt.
- Stir to mix well.
- Roll out puff pastry to a thin 12 inch square.
- Top brie with fruit mixture.
- Carefully lay puff pastry over top of brie and fruit mixture.
- Fold sides of puff pastry under brie and smooth along sides so puff pastry wraps around brie smoothly and evenly.
- Whisk the egg with a tablespoon of water till frothy to make an egg wash.
- Brush brie with the egg wash. I like to use a silicone brush
- Bake brie on the sheet pan until slightly golden, about 15-18 minutes.
- Brush once more with egg wash and add remaining fruit mixture (and optional fresh cranberries) to top of brie.
- Continue baking until brie is golden brown, another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Yeeper Little Cheese Spreader Knives, Wooden Handle, 5 inch, 304 Stainless Steel Cocktail Knives Spreaders for Condimets, Cheese, Butter, Charcuterie Board Accessories, Snack Time, Party
Tiptree Apricot Preserve, 12 Ounce Jar
Ocean Spray Craisins Dried Cranberries, Original, 48 Ounce
OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush - Small
USA Pan Bakeware Quarter Sheet Pan, Warp Resistant Nonstick Baking Pan, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 75Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 27mgSodium 189mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0gSugar 7gProtein 2g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.