It can be hard to come up with easy, delicious and healthy meals that your whole family loves without slaving away all day over the stove. Today I am sharing one of my favorite posts from the last year- this One Pan Dutch Oven Lemon Garlic Chicken combines simple, fresh flavors for a knockout meal that everyone loves! It is one dish people always comment that they love, so I wanted to share it again for all of the new followers I've had around Sweet C's Designs lately.
This has long been one of my absolute favorite recipes- and one of my most popular dishes on Sweet C's Designs. This chicken is a spin off my brother-in-laws Grecian chicken drumsticks-I changed it up so that the chicken cooks in a dutch oven- giving it crispy, delicious skin- and it requires a lot less effort! This dutch oven grecian chicken is my new favorite way to slow roast chicken!
The only real work here is stuffing some lemons and garlic into the chicken and seasoning the bird up. After that, just toss it in the pan and cook for about an hour and a half- and you're done!
The chicken also gives off a delicious cooking liquid that is very gravy like, and very lemony. The garlic also turns a delicious golden brown and has an incredible caramel flavor. I like to add a little of this to cous cous for an insanely delicious flavor!
- whole chicken
- 2 lemons, sliced into thin rounds
- 3/4 cup garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 pats of butter, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees / 190 c
- Stuff 1/2 of one lemon into the chicken's cavity with 5-8 garlic cloves.
- Generously salt and pepper chicken.
- Add to dutch oven and throw in rest of lemon and garlic.
- Sprinkle chicken with oregano.
- If you like extra crispy chicken skin, add a pat or two of butter to the top.
- Add lid and cook 1 1/2 hours, checking temp every 20 minutes after an hour. You want the temp to get to 160, and then remove the lidded dutch oven, as it will keep cooking to reach the safe internal temperature of 165 degrees for a chicken.
- Let dutch oven sit for 10 minutes after removing from oven to allow for carryover cooking, and so the juices have a chance to rest.
- Remove from pan, and carve!
Amount Per Serving Calories 231Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 73mgSodium 124mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 22g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
For more delicious Chicken recipes, check out: