Easy Caramel Apple Spice Cake Recipe
Dec 15, 2020, Updated Aug 12, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Caramel Apple Spice Cake Recipe – delicious spice cake bursting with caramel and apple flavor!
Top with walnuts for extra crunch – this cake is perfect for dessert, and delicious with coffee for a special breakfast!
Loaded with delicious spice cake flavor – this recipe is great during the holidays – but the addition of fresh apples and caramel makes it a perfect treat no matter what time of year it is!
If you love caramel apples, and the favor of cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and cloves – you’re going to love this easy cake modified from boxed spice cake mix.
I hope you love this easy Caramel Apple Spice Cake Recipe as much as we do!
Table of contents
- What is Spice Cake?
- How To Get Bundt Cake Out of The Pan
- Spice Cake Glaze
- Other Easy Desserts You’ll Love
- Recipe FAQs
- Easy Caramel Apple Spice Cake Recipe
What is Spice Cake?
Spice cake uses a blend of spices – usually cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger and nutmeg – for it’s moniker.
For this recipe, we will be using a store bought spice cake box to save time.
We will be modifying the recipe to incorporate even more flavor – so it’s even easier for even beginner cooks to make this cake without having to worry about carefully measuring and grabbing the right ingredients.
Were linking our favorite spice cake boxes below:
How To Get Bundt Cake Out of The Pan
Getting a bundt cake to come perfectly out of the pan can be a challenge – so we’re sharing tips for how to get an easy release oon your bundt cake!
Use Flour Spray
Opt for a cake spray that includes flour for best results.
If your cake spray doesn’t – or you grease with shortening – sprinkle a little flour over greased pan before adding batter to help cake release.
Use Silicone Cake Pan
Using a silicone cake pan helps you release your cake since you can manipulate the mold.
The nonstick properties of a silicone pan help cakes slide out easier.
Cool for 10 Minutes
Before flipping cake out of pan, let it cool for 10 minutes.
Flipping a cake hot out of the oven will result in a cake that crumbles apart and sticks to the pan – let cake set and cool for 10 minutes before flipping.
Give it a Bang
If cake won’t release after cooling, give it a big bang on a counter to help it release, then flip.
Flip and Let Sit
If all else fails, flip cake pan and let sit over cooling rack – gravity will do it’s job, the cake will release over time.
Spice Cake Glaze
Caramel Apple Glaze
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
2 tsp. heavy whipping cream or milk
1/2 cup light brown sugar
Easy Caramel Apple Glaze Instructions
In a small saucepan, heat the butter, milk and brown sugar over medium heat.
While constantly stirring, bring the mixture to a boil and then remove the pan from the stove.
Mix the glaze just a minute longer until it starts to thicken up a little bit and then pour it all over the top of the cake.
Other Easy Desserts You’ll Love
We love insanely easy cakes and dessert bars – delicious easy sweet treats the whole family craves, that don’t take a ton of time slaving away in the kitchen.
To see some of our favorite easy desserts, click the recipes below – or you can visit our complete dessert archives here!
You can find the rest of our dessert archives here!
Make sure to use a cooking spray with flour and let cake cool for 10 minutes before flipping for best release from a bundt cake pan.
Easy Caramel Apple Spice Cake Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 box spiced cake mix
- 1 (20 oz.) can of apple pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 tsp. heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a bundt pan with a non-stick spray, if itdoesn’t include flour then give the pan a light dusting of flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the spice cake mix, apple pie filling and eggs.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat everything until the lumps are broken up and the apple slices are broken down a little bit.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick for doneness.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes and then invert onto a cooling rack until the cake is done cooling.
- Prepare the glaze: In a small saucepan, heat the butter, milk and brown sugar over medium heat.
- While constantly stirring, bring the mixture to a boil and then remove the pan from the stove.
- Mix the glaze just a minute longer until it starts to thicken up a little bit and then pour it all over the top of the cake.
- If you would like to decorate the top with a little more walnuts be sure to do it quickly as the caramel will set quickly.
- Store covered at room temperature.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 54mgSodium 351mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 1gSugar 30gProtein 4g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C’s Favorites
These tried and true recipes are Sweet C’s reader favorites – you’ll love their easy family friendly flavor!