This super easy Slow Cooker Cinnamon Pumpkin Bread Pudding is loaded with pumpkin, cinnamon, and maple flavor, right from a slow cooker!
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
- Easy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- How to make Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Tips and Tricks for Perfect Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Other favorite Slow Cooker Recipes
- Easy Slow Cooker Bread Pudding Recipe
- Sweet C's Favorites
Easy Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Delicious bread pudding loaded with pumpkin, cinnamon, and so much flavor straight from your slow cooker - is there anything better in fall?
This dessert cooks slowly so you can start it and forget it and have a delicious pumpkin dessert that is perfect with whipped cream ready when you finish dinner! This recipe is loaded with flavor - I hope you love it as much as we do.
How to make Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread Pudding
To make this easy slow cooker bread pudding you will need:
- Cinnamon raisin swirl bread - premade cinnamon raisin swirl bread has all the flavors we want for this bread pudding and makes it quick and easy to assemble.
- Milk - you will need milk to bring the pudding together and give it a nice rich consistency.
- Pumpkin purée - this will give your pumpkin bread pudding that earthy rich pumpkin flavor.
- Caramel sauce - caramel sauce adds a lovely flavor to this pudding similar to a caramel apple, yum!
- Maple extract - maple extract is a great intense maple flavor and compliments the cinnamon and pumpkin really well. You can substitute with vanilla extract if you dont have maple extract.
- Brown sugar - you will need a little brown sugar just to add a little extra sweetness to this pumpkin bread pudding.
- Nutmeg - nutmeg has a strong spicy bite and is a great addition to this pudding.
- Eggs - cooked egg will be the binder that will hold the pudding together.
- Powdered sugar - powdered sugar is the thickener for the glaze, sift before adding it for the best result.
- Milk - this milk will give a rich consistency to the pumpkin glaze. You can use it to thin the glaze too if necessary.
- Pumpkin purée - just a little pumpkin puree can go a long way to add a bit of pumpkin cheer to the glaze.
- Pumpkin spice - pumpkin spice is a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and helps the glaze compliment the flavors in the bread pudding itself.
Once you have assembled the ingredients use the following method
Prep. Cut the bread into cubes. Combine the milk, pumpkin, maple extract, brown sugar, nutmeg, and eggs in a bowl, whisk until frothy.
Assemble. Put half the bread into the slow cooker, pour half the mixture on top. Put the rest of the bread into the cooker and pour the rest of the mixture on top. You want to make sure the bread cubes are saturated. Drizzle the caramel sauce on the top.
Cook. Cover and cook on low for 2 and a half hours or until done (see tips below for info about how to check for doneness).
Glaze. Combine all the glaze ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. When the bread pudding is done cooking pour pumpkin glaze over it and serve warm. Top it with whipped cream if you like and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Check out these tips and tricks for perfect slow cooker pumpkin bread pudding.
Pick your base bread. You can use any bread you love in bread pudding. We love to use breads with lots of extra flavor, like cinnamon, raisins, or other additions. This recipe specifically calls for cinnamon raisin swirl bread, but you can use any bread that has cinnamon that you love. I also love using leftover date nut bread or easy peanut butter bread for this recipe for a slightly different flavor!
How to check for doneness. Bread pudding starts to brown around the edges when done - and will reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. When you insert a toothpick or knife in the middle of bread pudding it will come out clean when done.
Freeze your bread pudding. After baking and cooling, you can absolutely freeze bread pudding to be eaten later. I prefer to transfer bread pudding to an aluminum baking tray for freezing and easy thawing. Bread pudding can last in the freezer for up to three months. To reheat, thaw in refrigerator and then bake or microwave until piping hot. For best results reheating bread pudding, add glaze fresh before eating.
Since bread pudding is baked with pumpkin, eggs, and milk, you can use stale/dry bread. Do not use bread that tastes off, or is so dry it is stiff.
Bread pudding is a mixture of chunks of bread, eggs, milk, and other flavors, that becomes soft and puffy when cooked. Bread pudding is sweet and can be served for breakfast or dessert.
Bread pudding is fabulous with a sugary glaze, scoop of ice cream, or heaping dollop of whipped cream on top.
Other favorite Slow Cooker Recipes
Check out some of my favorite slow cooker recipes for those busy nights!
Easy Slow Cooker Bread Pudding Recipe
If you love this easy bread pudding, be sure to rate it five stars and leave a comment, and help me share on facebook and pinterest.
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
This super easy and delicious slow cooker bread pudding is melt in your mouth delicious!
- One loaf cinnamon raisin swirl bread
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoon caramel sauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (optional)
- Cut bread into cubes
- In a bowl, whisk the milk, pumpkin purée, maple extract, brown sugar, nutmeg, and eggs until frothy.
- Place ½ of bread into the crock pot. Pour ½ of the mixture on top
- Place remaining bread into the crock pot. Pour the rest of the mixture on top. Make sure to saturate all bread cubes.
- Drizzle caramel sauce on top. Cover and cook on low for 2.5 hours
- To make the glaze, mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Serve warm and pour pumpkin glaze on top. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Balloon Whisk,Black
365 by Whole Foods Market, Pumpkin Puree Organic, 15 Ounce
Postre - Sea Salt Caramel Sauce, Handcrafted Rich and Buttery Caramel Sauce for Coffee, Ice Cream Toppings, Gourmet Snacks, Desserts and More, Alternative to Caramel Syrup, 7.5 oz Jar
Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S-A 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Stainless Steel
Amount Per Serving Calories 452Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 158mgSodium 200mgCarbohydrates 91gFiber 3gSugar 77gProtein 11g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C's Favorites
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out our reader favorites.
The following recipes are tried and true reader favorites your family will love!