Easy Grilled Blackened Shrimp Kebabs Recipe – delicious easy blackened grilled shrimp that is perfect for salads, wraps, tacos, or over vegetables and rice for a spicy delicious grilled shrimp dinner in under 10 minutes!
This is the best easy recipe for blackened grilled shrimp kebabs that are bursting with blackening spice flavor, and are great in salads, wraps, tacos, and more!
If you love deliciously sweet and spicy grilled shrimp, you’re going to love this easy recipe.
The best part – this grilled shrimp kebabs recipe takes less than 10 minutes to cook, and is low calorie, low carb, and great in all sorts of diets.
In this post, we’ll quickly go over:
-How to Grill Shrimp That Doesn’t Stick to Grill
-How to Grill Shrimp Kebabs
-How to Tell When Grilled Shrimp Are Done
JUST TAKE ME TO THE BLACKENED GRILLED SHRIMP KEBABS RECIPE EVER ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, i think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious blackened grilled shrimp kebabs recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
How to Grill Shrimp That Doesn’t Stick to Grill
Shrimp can be notoriously tricky to cook on the grill – it can stick to the grill, and because it is so delicate, it can easily tear when flipped if it does stick to the grill.
To make shrimp that won’t stick, I have a couple of easy tips and tricks for no-fail delicious grilled shrimp!
- Place foil on the grill and lay shrimp kebabs on foil (my personal favorite for nonstick shrimp kebabs).
- Cook shrimp on a grill-safe skillet or cooktop.
- Grill shrimp on very hot and well cleaned grill grates that have been prepped with a little high-heat oil (be careful when prepping grill grates with oil to prevent a flare-up, I prefer to put a drizzle of oil on a paper towel and run it over the grate).
- Make sure shrimp is marinated in oil and juice before grilling.
- Use thinner top grill grates for easier-to-flip grilled shrimp kebabs (the thinner top grates on a grill have less area to stick to – this method is my least favorite since I try to cook shrimp as hot and fast as possible, but if your grill sticks and you’re in a pinch, this trick works!)
How to Make Grilled Shrimp Kebabs
There are a couple of tips and tricks to help delicious and easy grilled shrimp kebabs in under 10 minutes that wow even the pickiest of eaters!
- Soak wooden kebabs in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning.
- Thread kebab skewer through shrimp so that the shrimp can lay flat for even cooking.
- Marinate shrimp with olive oil and juice before cooking to help it release from the grill.
- If placing vegetables on the skewers, make sure they are vegetables that cook in the same time as shrimp – bell peppers, onion, shishito peppers, mushrooms are all good options.
How to Tell When Grilled Shrimp Are Done
If you’ve ever had tough, rubbery, and fishy tasting shrimp, you probably have had overcooked shrimp.
Shrimp is best when it is just cooked to done – not over – or it becomes tough and the flavor takes on a very fishy taste.
To prevent overcooked, tough, and fishy shrimp, it helps to know how to tell when grilled shrimp are done.
Shrimp should be cooked to just opaque – meaning they are white and no longer slightly see-through.
Shrimp will be bright pink, and white – not grey.
When shrimp are white and no longer grey, remove from heat immediately – do not continue to grill.
If shrimp meat starts to curl (the outsides will start to curl down the sides of the shrimp), it is overcooked. Watch shrimp closely to cook only until cooked – and not longer!
What to Serve Grilled Shrimp With
If you love this easy and delicious blackened grilled shrimp kebabs recipe and you’re looking for good sides to serve with shrimp kebabs, please check some of my favorite recipes to serve with grilled shrimp!
Click each link to head to the easy printable recipe:
Easy Grilled Blackened Shrimp Kebabs Recipe
If you love this easy grilled blackened shrimp kebabs recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
Easy Grilled Blackened Shrimp Kebabs Recipe - delicious easy blackened grilled shrimp that is perfect for salads, wraps, tacos, or over vegetables and rice for a spicy delicious grilled shrimp dinner in under 10 minutes!
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp blackening spices
- In a large bowl, place shrimp, olive oil, and juice and mix.
- Let marinate 10-15 minutes.
- Place wooden skewers in bowl under water for 10-15 minutes (if using wooden skewers - if using metal, skip this step.)
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.
- Remove shrimp from olive oil and juice marinade and thread onto skewers so they lay flat.
- When all shrimp are on skewers, generously sprinkle blackening spices over shrimp.
- Grill shrimp for 5 minutes, then flip. Continue to grill until shrimp is opaque and pink.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Amount Per ServingCalories 709 Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 1143mg Sodium 5656mg Carbohydrates 2g Protein 92g