Easy Grilled Blackened Shrimp Kebabs - delicious easy blackened grilled shrimp that is perfect for salads, wraps, tacos, or over vegetables and rice for a spicy delicious grilled shrimp dinner in under 10 minutes!
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Delicious Blackened Grilled Shrimp
This is the best easy recipe for blackened grilled shrimp kebabs that are bursting with blackening spice flavor, and are great in salads, wraps, tacos, and more!
If you love deliciously sweet and spicy grilled shrimp, you're going to love this easy recipe.
The best part - this grilled shrimp kebabs recipe takes less than 10 minutes to cook, and is low calorie, low carb, and great in all sorts of diets.
In this post, we'll quickly go over:
-How to Grill Shrimp That Doesn't Stick to Grill
-How to Grill Shrimp Kebabs
-How to Tell When Grilled Shrimp Are Done
How to Grill Shrimp That Doesn't Stick to Grill
Shrimp can be notoriously tricky to cook on the grill - it can stick to the grill, and because it is so delicate, it can easily tear when flipped if it does stick to the grill.
To make shrimp that won't stick, I have a couple of easy tips and tricks for no-fail delicious grilled shrimp!
- Place foil on the grill and lay shrimp kebabs on foil (my personal favorite for nonstick shrimp kebabs).
- Cook shrimp on a grill-safe skillet or cooktop.
- Grill shrimp on very hot and well cleaned grill grates that have been prepped with a little high-heat oil (be careful when prepping grill grates with oil to prevent a flare-up, I prefer to put a drizzle of oil on a paper towel and run it over the grate).
- Make sure shrimp is marinated in oil and juice before grilling.
- Use thinner top grill grates for easier-to-flip grilled shrimp kebabs (the thinner top grates on a grill have less area to stick to - this method is my least favorite since I try to cook shrimp as hot and fast as possible, but if your grill sticks and you're in a pinch, this trick works!)
How to Make Grilled Shrimp Kebabs
There are a couple of tips and tricks to help delicious and easy grilled shrimp kebabs in under 10 minutes that wow even the pickiest of eaters!
- Soak wooden kebabs in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning.
- Thread kebab skewer through shrimp so that the shrimp can lay flat for even cooking.
- Marinate shrimp with olive oil and juice before cooking to help it release from the grill.
- If placing vegetables on the skewers, make sure they are vegetables that cook in the same time as shrimp - bell peppers, onion, shishito peppers, mushrooms are all good options.
How to Tell When Grilled Shrimp Are Done
If you've ever had tough, rubbery, and fishy tasting shrimp, you probably have had overcooked shrimp.
Shrimp is best when it is just cooked to done - not over - or it becomes tough and the flavor takes on a very fishy taste.
To prevent overcooked, tough, and fishy shrimp, it helps to know how to tell when grilled shrimp are done.
Shrimp should be cooked to just opaque - meaning they are white and no longer slightly see-through.
Shrimp will be bright pink, and white - not grey.
When shrimp are white and no longer grey, remove from heat immediately - do not continue to grill.
If shrimp meat starts to curl (the outsides will start to curl down the sides of the shrimp), it is overcooked. Watch shrimp closely to cook only until cooked - and not longer!
What to Serve Grilled Shrimp With
If you love this easy and delicious blackened grilled shrimp kebabs recipe and you're looking for good sides to serve with shrimp kebabs, please check some of my favorite recipes to serve with grilled shrimp!
Also try, Bacon Wrapped Cheddar and Garlic Jalapeno Poppers, The Best Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus Recipe, Restaurant Style Instant Pot Pinto Beans - great to add to tacos with shrimp! , Orzo With Sun Dried Tomatoes and Basil Pesto, Garden Vegetable Greek Salad, and Shrimp and Snapper Fajita Lettuce Wraps.
Easy Grilled Blackened Shrimp Kebabs Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Easy Grilled Blackened Shrimp Kebabs Recipe - delicious easy blackened grilled shrimp that is perfect for salads, wraps, tacos, or over vegetables and rice for a spicy delicious grilled shrimp dinner in under 10 minutes!
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon blackening spices
- In a large bowl, place shrimp, olive oil, and juice and mix.
- Let marinate 10-15 minutes.
- Place wooden skewers in bowl under water for 10-15 minutes (if using wooden skewers - if using metal, skip this step.)
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.
- Remove shrimp from olive oil and juice marinade and thread onto skewers so they lay flat.
- When all shrimp are on skewers, generously sprinkle blackening spices over shrimp.
- Grill shrimp for 5 minutes, then flip. Continue to grill until shrimp is opaque and pink. Be careful not to overcook.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Lodge L8SGP3 Cast Iron Square Grill Pan, Pre-Seasoned, 10.5-inch
Spiceology - Black Magic - Cajun Blackening Spice Blend - Spicy Creole Dry Rub and Seasoning - Use On: Beef, Chicken, Mac N' Cheese, Turkey, Butter, Seafood or Nuts - 18 oz
BOVADO USA 4 Quart Glass Bowl for Storage, Mixing, Serving - Clear, Dishwasher, Freezer & Oven Safe Premium Quality Glass, Easy-Clean, 4 QT
Kabob Skewers, 17" Metal Kebab Skewers Flat Long Stainless Steel Wide Reusable BBQ Barbecue Shish Kabob Sticks Skewers for Grilling Meat Shrimp Chicken Vegetable, 12 Pack Including Bonus 14" Skewers
Zulay Metal 2-In-1 Lemon Lime Squeezer - Hand Juicer Lemon Squeezer Gets Every Last Drop - Max Extraction Manual Citrus Juicer - Easy-to-Use Lemon Juicer Squeezer - Heavy-Duty Lemon Squeezer Manual
Amount Per Serving Calories 136Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 160mgSodium 718mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 17g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.