The Best Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus Recipe - delicious garlic and parmesan packed asparagus that is super simple and a perfect side dish! Bursting with flavor, low carb and perfect for keto diets, and always a crowd favorite!
Asparagus is one of my favorite side dishes - the nutty, buttery flavor is a perfect compliment to so many meals - and asparagus is incredibly easy to make.
While I love making my quick and delicious Pan Fried Asparagus recipe often, sometimes it's just easier to toss asparagus with some oil, salt, garlic, and parmesan and chuck it in the oven - and out comes The Best Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus Recipe, ever!
This recipe is lightning fast - and crazy easy. Anyone, of any cooking ability, can make delicious, salty, garlicky, buttery and crunchy restaurant-quality asparagus at home in under 30 minutes (with about 4 minutes of active time.)
This asparagus is bursting with flavor - and perfect for groups. It's really easy to make a big batch, and tastes great alongside almost any main dish for a perfect delicious and naturally low carb or keto asparagus recipe !
At Sweet C's we have lots of types of readers - those who would like lots of information with their recipe, some who need a few extra tips and tricks, and some who'd like to get straight to cooking.
We've included a clickable table of contents below that will take you directly to the section you'd like to read, and a skip to recipe button in the top left corner to help you navigate this information quickly.
Table of contents
The Best Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
This oven roasted asparagus is packed with flavor and so quick to whip up - it is one of my all time favorite side dishes.
I love to serve it alongside Garlic Baked Pork Tenderloin, Ribeye Roast, Instant Pot Roasted Turkey Breast, Baked Chicken Breasts, Orange Glazed Salmon, and more! Asparagus goes great along side most main dishes - and it is easy to prep and cleanup, so you won't be stuck in the kitchen all day.
You're going to love this recipe for so many reasons, like:
- Low carb and perfect for keto diets - this side dish is packed with flavor, not carbs!
- Very few ingredients - this recipe is crazy simple, you likely have everything you need on hand.
- Easy enough for beginners - really, anyone can make crave-worthy asparagus!
Tips To Perfect Asparagus
While this easy baked garlic parmesan asparagus recipe is pretty simple - there are a couple of tips to make sure you have perfect asparagus, every time!
Turn up the Heat
Asparagus is a bit of a tricky vegetable to time correctly - I prefer it to not be totally soggy and limp (with a little bit of bite to it still), but also a little caramelized from baking.
To get this perfect texture, you need to monitor your asparagus as it cooks. If it's taking too long to soften and the parmesan isn't crisping after about 10 minutes, turn the heat up about 10 degrees.
Give it a head start
If your asparagus spears are super fat, mix them with the olive oil and lemon juice and bake for about 8-10 minutes to soften a bit before adding the parmesan and garlic and mixing with the spears - this helps prevent the parmesan from burning while the super thick asparagus cooks.
Give it a Stir
While totally optional, I like to stir this dish around the pan about halfway through cooking to give a chance for all sides of the asparagus to crisp a bit and to prevent some spots from being overcooked.
To Make The Best Asparagus Recipe, You'll Need:
This Oven Roasted Asparagus recipe is insanely easy – but there are a few tried and true tools that make this dish super simple and perfect, every single time.
- Baking Sheet
- Paring knife
- Good Quality Olive Oil
- Garlic powder
- Aluminum Foil or Parchment Paper
Other Easy Vegetable Side Dishes You'll Love:
If you love this super easy baked asparagus with parmesan and garlic, you're sure to love some of my other favorite vegetable side dishes.
For more of our vegetable based sides, check out some of our favorites below:
- Perfect Sauteed Mushrooms
- Pan Roasted Butter Carrots
- Paleo Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- Crispy Herbed Potatoes
- Steakhouse Style Garlic Butter Charred Artichokes
- One Pan Creamy Italian Lemon Chicken Mushroom and Asparagus Skillet
- Homemade Condensed Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus
- One Pot Lemon Garlic Pork Chops and Asparagus Skillet
The Best Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
The Best Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus Recipe - delicious garlic and parmesan packed asparagus that is super simple and a perfect side dish that is bursting with flavor, low carb and perfect for keto diets, and always a crowd favorite!
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup parmesan , shredded or grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt, celtic
- 1 tsp pepper, fresh cracked
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Trim asparagus to remove tough, woody ends - discard ends.
- On a baking sheet (line with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup), lay down asparagus.
- Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and lemon juice, mix around with hands to coat evenly.
- Pour cheese and garlic powder over asparagus, mix with hands to evenly mix and coat asparagus.
- Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes - checking at around 10 minutes to see if tips have started to brown slightly and asparagus has softened a bit.
- Cook until asparagus is soft and has crunchy browned bits, about 15 minutes total (this is very dependent on your oven and the thickness of the asparagus stalks - watch it to be sure it doesn't overcook.)
- When asparagus is done, serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 110Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 7mgSodium 755mgCarbohydrates 2gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 4g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.