Easy Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe
Feb 17, 2023, Updated Apr 11, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe – delicious, easy vegetable soup with chickpeas, okra, onions, pepper, and tons of garlic right from your Instant Pot!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Skinny Pressure Cooker Vegetable Soup
I designed this dish to be really adaptable to what you have on hand – as well as budget friendly.
This soup can be made with freezer vegetables, saving you a lot of money and time chopping to prep.
We really went for as much flavor as possible without using expensive ingredients, gluten, and kept it vegan – so you can feel good about feeding your family this tasty soup!
While this recipe is vegan, this soup is a knockout with our Wine Grilled Cheese – perfect to dunk in the soup!
For more of our vegan recipes, click here.
How to Make Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
To make this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Frozen mixed vegetables – The blend of okra, bell peppers, onion, and green beans add a variety of flavors and textures to the soup, making it more interesting and delicious.
- Nutritional yeast – The savory and cheesy flavor of nutritional yeast adds depth to the soup and makes it more satisfying.
- Minced garlic – Garlic adds a pungent and flavorful punch to the soup, enhancing its overall taste.
- Sofrito – The blend of onions, peppers, and herbs in sofrito brings a burst of fresh flavors to the soup, making it more vibrant and tasty.
- Chickpeas – The meaty and hearty texture of chickpeas adds substance to the soup, making it more filling and satisfying.
- Vegetable broth – The broth serves as the base of the soup, adding depth and richness to the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Diced tomatoes – Tomatoes add a sweet and tangy flavor to the soup, while their acidity helps balance the other flavors.
- Italian herbs seasoning blend – The mix of oregano, basil, and other herbs in this blend add a classic and comforting flavor to the soup, making it more familiar and enjoyable.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, we will use the following process:
- Add ingredients. Add all ingredients to instant pot.
- Stir. Stir well to mix ingredients.
- Pressure cook. Set Instant Pot to one minute. Cook and let naturally release.
- Serve. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
How to store leftovers. Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Reheat to piping hot when reserving. Leftover soup can be frozen for up to four months.
Make it keto. Keeping a keto diet can be tricky – especially with vegetables. To make it easier, we’re rounding up vegetables to use (in moderation), and vegetables with a higher starch and carb content to avoid if you’re trying to keep a keto or low carb diet.
The following vegetables are keto approved:
- Onion (stick to 1/2 onion as it is sugary, so use in moderation)
- Garlic (again, moderate amount)
- Green Beans
- Tomatoes (in moderation – use tomatoes that have not added any sugar)
- Bell Peppers
The following vegetables are higher in sugar/starch content and shouldn’t be used if keeping a low carb diet:
It can be tricky to know whether to let the pressure in your instant pot disperse – for this recipe, we let the steam vent (be careful turning the vent release and always have hands and face away from vent) using a forced release – but you can use natural release (just wait 15 minutes for pressure to all dissipate.)
Other Soups You’ll Love
To see our soup recipe archives, click here.
To find our complete Instant Pot Recipe Archives, click here.
Easy Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 24 oz (2 bags) frozen mixed vegetables (pick a blend with okra, bell peppers, onion, and green beans - or add your own frozen vegetables up to what you would get from 2 12 oz bags)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon sofrito
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (swap for chopped cauliflower florets for keto version)
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs seasoning blend
- Add ingredients to instant pot.
- Stir to mix.
- Add lid and set to seal.
- Cook 15 minutes at high pressure.
- Vent to release after cooking is complete.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 283Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1001mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 22gSugar 21gProtein 15g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.