Easy Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe - delicious, easy vegetable soup with chickpeas, okra, onions, pepper, and tons of garlic right from your Instant Pot!
I designed this dish to be really adaptable to what you have on hand - as well as budget friendly.
This soup can be made with freezer vegetables, saving you a lot of money and time chopping to prep.
We really went for as much flavor as possible without using expensive ingredients, gluten, and kept it vegan - so you can feel good about feeding your family this tasty soup!
While this recipe is vegan, this soup is a knockout with our Wine Grilled Cheese - perfect to dunk in the soup!
For more of our vegan recipes, click here.
At Sweet C's we have lots of types of readers - those who would like lots of information with their recipe, some who need a few extra tips and tricks, and some who'd like to get straight to cooking.
We've included a clickable table of contents below that will take you directly to the section you'd like to read, and a skip to recipe button in the top left corner to help you navigate this information quickly.
Table of contents
How To Store Leftover Vegetable Soup
Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Reheat to piping hot when reserving.
Leftover soup can be frozen for up to four months.
Keto Vegetable Soup
Keeping a keto diet can be tricky - especially with vegetables.
To make it easier, we’re rounding up vegetables to use (in moderation), and vegetables with a higher starch and carb content to avoid if you’re trying to keep a keto or low carb diet.
Vegetables That Are Keto
The following vegetables are keto approved:
- Onion (stick to ½ onion as it is sugary, so use in moderation)
- Garlic (again, moderate amount)
- Green Beans
- Tomatoes (in moderation - use tomatoes that have not added any sugar)
- Bell Peppers
Vegetables that Aren’t Keto
The following vegetables are higher in sugar/starch content and shouldn’t be used if keeping a low carb diet:
Other Soups You’ll Love
To see our soup recipe archives, click here.
Other Easy Instant Pot Dinners
If you love these dinners, check out our other instant pot favorite dishes!
- Air Fryer Blackened Shrimp Recipe
- Air Fryer Salsa Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Crunchy Air Fried BBQ Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Lemon Chicken Recipe
- The Best Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks
- The Best Easy Air Fried Asparagus Recipe
- The Best Air Fried Chicken Breasts Recipe
- The Best Air Fryer London Broil Recipe
To find our complete Instant Pot Recipe Archives, click here.
It can be tricky to know whether to let the pressure in your instant pot disperse - for this recipe, we let the steam vent (be careful turning the vent release and always have hands and face away from vent) using a forced release - but you can use natural release (just wait 15 minutes for pressure to all dissipate.)
Easy Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
- 24 oz (2 bags) frozen mixed vegetables (pick a blend with okra, bell peppers, onion, and green beans - or add your own frozen vegetables up to what you would get from 2 12 oz bags)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon sofrito
- 1 can chickpeas, drained (swap for chopped cauliflower florets for keto version)
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs seasoning blend
- Add ingredients to instant pot.
- Stir to mix.
- Add lid and set to seal.
- Cook 15 minutes at high pressure.
- Vent to release after cooking is complete.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 283Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1001mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 22gSugar 21gProtein 15g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C's Favorite Recipes
To find our other reader favorite recipes, click through our top trending recipes below!