Slow Cooker Turkey Noodle Soup
Nov 05, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This simple and delicious slow cooker turkey noodle soup is the perfect easy dinner for the evening after Thanksgiving. This soup is packed with fresh herbs, spices, vegetables, and turkey for a heartwarming winter soup.
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Crock Pot Turkey Noodle Soup
This delightful and comforting soup is perfect for chilly days and when you are wanting that warm nostalgic feeling. This soup is very similar to classic Chicken Noodle Soup except it uses leftover turkey and turkey stock. I like to make this soup using the leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. You can easily make a turkey stock using the carcass and add these vegetables, blend of herbs, and leftover turkey to make this delicious soup.
The aroma of this turkey noodle soup wafts through the kitchen and reminds me of Thanksgiving and all those days I was sick growing up. This soup is perfect for a sick day and if you wait on adding the noodles and spinach you can freeze it to keep it for those days you are feeling poorly. This cherished classic soup is perfectly accompanied by crusty bread or a crunchy salad. Its a favorite of mine for a rainy or cold day, I am sure it will become a staple in your family too!
How to Make Turkey Noodle Soup
First you will need to assemble the following ingredients:
- Olive oil – oil is used to keep the vegetables from sticking to the pan, if you want to omit it try using anon stick pan and add a bit of water to it.
- Dry white wine – white wine is perfect for deglazing the bottom of the pan.
- Thyme – thyme is very strong and adds a nice herb flavor to the soup.
- Bay Leaves – bay leaves add some earthy flavor to this soup.
- Rosemary – this strong herbaceous flavor is perfect for making a delicious stock.
- Sea salt – salt is necessary to season the soup, be careful to not over salt.
- Black Pepper– this adds some heat to the soup but not much, add fresh ground if you can.
- Turkey Stock – a rich stock makes a soup. You can make your own turkey stock in a slow cooker see our recipe.
- Turkey – cooked turkey is perfect for this recipe. I like to make my own stock with the turkey carcass and use the extra turkey I pick off then for this soup.
- Egg Noodles – egg noodles help soak up some of the stock and add another texture.
- Spinach – I like to use some spinach to add a nice fresh element to the soup, you can omit if you prefer.
Use the following method after gathering your ingredients:
Sauté. Heat olive oil in a large pot, add onion and sauté. Add the celery and carrots and soften. Add the white wine and scrape the bottom of the pot, let it soak into the vegetables.
Slow Cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients besides the spinach and egg noodles to the slow cooker and set on high for 2-4 hours or low for 6 hours.
Cook noodles. Add the egg noodles and cook slow cooker on high about 10 minutes till noodles are soft.
Adjust. Add the spinach and stir to wilt. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Turkey Noodle Soup
Add some lemon. One of the best additions to this soup is some fresh squeezed lemon right before serving. Lemon adds some acidity for a wonderful sharp flavor.
Make this without noodles. If you want to make this without noodles just add about 2-3 cups more spinach and other vegetables.
Season to taste. One of the most important things in cooking is seasoning to taste. This means tasting the finished soup and adding more salt slowly until you can taste all the soup ingredients. Salt is key.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
If you want to freeze the soup let it cool before adding the noodles and spinach and freeze it then.
Sauté the vegetables in the bottom then once you have added everything but the spinach and noodles cook on slow cooker or high pressure for an hour. Add the noodles and spinach and cook about 5 minutes on high. Enjoy!
Sides with your Soup
When you are sick there is nothing better than this turkey noodle soup. Some of my favorite things to have with this soup are classic salad and bread. Try these crispy salads and crusty breads with your soup:
Slow Cooker Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 ½ cups celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 cups rich turkey stock
- 2 cups cooked turkey
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 juice of one lemon (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. When it's hot add onion and saute.
- Saute onion till translucent, add celery and carrots, saute another 5 minutes.
- Use the wine and deglaze the bottom of the pan, scraping it.
- Add all the other ingredients except the spinach and egg noodles to the slow cooker.
- Add lid and cook for 2-4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Add the egg noodles and cook for another 10 minutes on high or until noodles are soft.
- Add the spinach and cook till wilted.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning and serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Super Sturdy, Ergonomic 8 Oz. Soup Ladle 1 Pk. Stainless Steel Ladles with Long Handles. Best Kitchen Accessories for Stirring, Portioning and Serving Soups, Chili and Stew in Restaurants and at Home
Hiware Extra Large Bamboo Cutting Board for Kitchen, Heavy Duty Wood Cutting Boards with Juice Groove, 100% Organic Bamboo, Pre Oiled, 18" x 12"
WÜSTHOF Classic 8" Chef's Knife, Black
Crock-Pot 6 Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Stainless Steel (SCCPVL610-S-A)
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 257Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 56mgSodium 775mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 20g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.