Easy White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries – with red, white, and blue sprinkles perfect for the 4th of July or other patriotic holidays and parties!
While we’re sharing red, white, and blue styling for this recipe, you can use this technique for other holidays with other fun and festive sprinkles – they are also great for Valentines Day, Saint Patricks Day, Christmas, and birthdays, with other color sprinkles!
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
4th of July Dipped Strawberries
These fun easy white chocolate dipped strawberries are perfect for an easy treat and great to decorate with sprinkles for holidays and parties!
We’re sharing our tips to make perfect white chocolate dipped strawberries, how to decorate them in red, white, and blue for the 4th of July, what kind of chocolate to use, and how to keep them perfect for parties – everything you need for a delicious and beautiful sweet treat!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
How to Make White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
To make these white chocolate-dipped strawberries, you’ll need:
- White chocolate, candy melts, or coverture chocolate. For this recipe, you can use any kind of white chocolate or candy melts that you love- but I personally recommend using coverture white chocolate.
After gathering your ingredients, we will use the following method:
- Clean and pat strawberries dry with a paper towel. Strawberries need to be clean before eating, but have to be absolutely dry before dipping in chocolate, or the chocolate won’t stick. You can let the strawberries sit on a paper towel to let the moisture drip off, pat them dry, or let them sit out for about half an hour after washing.
- Melt white chocolate. Melt in the microwave, stirring frequently to prevent burning, or our preferred method of a double boiler.
- Dip the strawberries. Dip about ? of the way into the melted candy then immediately dip ? of the way into the sprinkles. If you wait too long, your sprinkles won’t stick! Make sure chocolate isnt too thin, or sprinkles will run off.
- Let cool. Place the strawberries on a wax paper lined baking tray or counter to set. If it’s really hot or humid in your kitchen you may need to place them in the refrigerator to set.
Tips and Tricks to Perfect White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries & FAQs
Use coverture chocolate. Coverture chocolate has a higher percentage of cocoa butter and melts more easily – if you’ve ever had a problem with white chocolate clumping, seizing, or burning, you know how frustrating white chocolate can sometimes be – but coverture melts smoothly and easily every time. Coverture chocolate is made for melting and dipping, so it melts easily and tastes amazing. You can find my pick for white chocolate here.
Use dry berries. If you have problems having chocolate stick to your berries, be absolutely sure they are completely dry before dipping into candy melts or white chocolate. If there is even a bit of moisture on your berries – or you haven’t dried them after washing them – the chocolate wont stick well to the berries when you dip them. They also will peel off and sweat more easily if they still have any leftover water on them. Be sure to pat each berry dry completely before dipping for the best results.
Don’t hull strawberries. Leaving the tops on strawberries is immensely helpful for dipping – leave it on for this recipe.
White chocolate strawberries can last up to two days in the refrigerator in an airtight container but are best consumed within one day.
I prefer coverture chocolate for making dipped strawberries, but white chocolate chips, white candy melts, and any other white melting chocolate works.
White chocolate can burn quickly in the microwave – so either use a double boiler method, or microwave in 20 second bursts, stirring vigorously between each time it is microwaved.
If using white chocolate chips or wafers instead of candy melts or coverture chocolate, I recommend just a drizzle of coconut oil to help the chocolate melt better. Less than 1/4 teaspoon – just a touch goes a long way.
Other Easy 4th of July Recipes You’ll Love
If you love these fun and festive fruits, please check out our other red white and blue themed recipes to get your patriotic parties started:
Easy White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries Recipe
If you love this easy recipe, please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Easy White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries - with red, white, and blue sprinkles perfect for the 4th of July or other patriotic holidays and parties!
- 24 strawberries
- 1 cup white candy melts or white chocolate melting wafers
- ½ cup red, white, and blue nonpareils
- Clean and pat strawberries dry with a paper towel.
- Melt the candy melts or white chocolate in a small but deep bowl on 30-second intervals, stirring between each one until fully melted.
- Dip the strawberries about ⅔ of the way into the melted candy then immediately dip ⅓ of the way into the sprinkles.
- Place the strawberries on a wax paper lined baking tray or counter to set. If it’s really hot or humid in your kitchen you may need to place them in the refrigerator to set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Sprinkles - Sprinklefetti - Patriotic Sprinkles - 4th of July - Gluten-Free Red, White and Blue Sprinkles for Baking - Cupcake and Cake Topper - Cake Sprinkles - Sprinkle Mix - 6.5 ounces
4th of July Nonpareil Sprinkles for Decorating Cupcakes, Cakes, Cookies, and Ice Cream! Red White and Blue Patriotic 4th July Independence Day Sprinkles Made in America (4 oz)
14 oz Cacaoholic White Couverture Chocolate Chips | 25.9% Cocoa, Low Fluidity | Resealable Stand Up Pouch
Serving Size1 strawberry
Amount Per Serving Calories 68Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 1mgSodium 12mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 0gSugar 9gProtein 0g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.