Perfect Grilled Souvlaki – Greek Grilled Pork Kebabs – are delicious, easy grilled pork skewer recipe, that are low calorie, low carb, and bursting with authentic Greek Souvlaki flavor!
One of my favorite meals to order at Greek Restaurants is perfect, tender, and juicy Pork Souvlaki.
I love grilled Greek pork kebabs – and this recipe for perfect pork souvlaki is a sure-fire classic that is great on it’s own, in sandwiches, or salads for a fresh grilled flavor!
Souvlaki is usually served with greek salad, tzatziki, pita, and fries- but the grilled pork kebabs make a delicious, easy meal at home, too!
My husband has been working on a perfect souvlaki method, and this is his secret recipe for delicious Perfect Grilled Souvlaki!
JUST TAKE ME TO THE PERFECT GRILLED SOUVLAKI RECIPE EVER ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, i think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious perfect grilled souvlaki recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
How to Grill Souvlaki:
Grilled Souvlaki is a delicious, easy meal that is great to feed a crowd – but there are some tips that will help make this recipe even easier!
- Soak Skewers
- To prevent skewers from burning, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before adding pork to skewers and grilling.
- Don’t Skip the Marinade
- One of the reasons pork souvlaki is so delicious, juicy, and tender is because the pork is marinated for so long, allowing the oil to soak through the meat and help soften it for grilling – as well as soaking up tons of flavor.
- This souvlaki is best when left to marinate for 24 hours – but can even be prepped up to two days ahead of cooking – so it’s great to make for a party!
- Don’t Overflip Souvlaki
- Grilled pork is smoky, rich, and delicious – and a big part of this recipe is the caramelized crunchy bits around the pork from grilling.
- Don’t overflip your pork, or you won’t get a delicious, crunchy crust on the outside.
- If pork is cooking too fast, reduce heat, instead of flipping over and over. This will also help prevent pork from sticking too much to grill.
Can You Reheat Souvlaki:
Souvlaki is great because it’s great when reheated – so even if you can’t eat your whole meal in one night, it’s great as leftovers and meal prep!
To reheat souvlaki, it is best to quickly sauté in a skillet, instead of microwaving or baking – but if you’re taking leftover souvlaki to work, a quick pop in the microwave will work too.
Be careful to reheat the pork to piping hot – but not overcook – to prevent leftover souvlaki from drying out.
Leftover souvlaki is delicious in salads, wraps, sandwiches, or served with rice or over vegetables.
Leftover grilled souvlaki is also great served cold when chopped up into small bites and served over salad!
What to Serve With Souvlaki:
If you’re looking for delicious recipes to serve alongside your souvlaki (other than just tatziki and pita bread), click through these links to find easy, delicious side dishes I love serving with souvlaki!
If you’re at a Greek restaurant, you’ll usually get souvlaki served with french fries – and if you’re making this delicious grilled souvlaki at home, my recipe for easy crunchy baked fries is the perfect side to grilled souvlaki!
If you’re looking for some other delicious sides (that are all totally low carb), please check out my favorite veggie dishes to go alongside grilled souvlaki!
Other Recipes You’ll Love:
This Perfect Grilled Souvlaki is one of my favorite meals in my husband’s repertoire- every time he makes it, it seems to be tastier and tastier.
The balance of garlic and lemon make this grilled pork truly one of the most delicious meals ever!
And really, what is better than lemon and garlic grilled pork skewers?
I’ve been hounding my husband to give us the secret… and today he’s sharing his recipe!
If you want more of Luke’s secret recipes, be sure to leave a comment, and see the few I linked below.
He’s a phenomenal cook!
Perfect Grilled Souvlaki
If you love this perfect grilled souvlaki recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
To watch this recipe being made, click to view the video below:
Perfect Grilled Souvlaki - Greek Grilled Pork Kebabs - are delicious, easy grilled pork skewer recipe, that are low calorie, low carb, and bursting with authentic Greek Souvlaki flavor!
- 5 lbs pork, Pork Shoulder, cut into rough 3" cubes
- 4 tbsp lemon juice and zest, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp dry oregano
- 8 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- Cut pork and combine with ingredients and marinade for one to two days.
- Remove pork from chill-chest two hours prior to cooking and bring to room temperature.
- Soak wooden skewers for one hour prior to cooking.
- Light a hot, charcoal fire.
- Put pork on wet skewers.
- Cook over hot, charcoal fire until done, about 160 degrees F.
- Serve with lemon wedges and tatziki.
Serving Sizeabout 6 oz pork, cooked
Amount Per ServingCalories 535 Total Fat 33g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 19g Cholesterol 176mg Sodium 506mg Carbohydrates 3g Fiber 1g Sugar 0g Protein 53g