Roasted Cauliflower with Cilantro Cashew Pesto is a quick, delicious, and completely crave-able side dish perfect for cookouts, picnics, and dinner parties!
I don’t love cauliflower.
That’s a bit of a weird way to start off a post about a cauliflower recipe, no?
It’s true though – while its heathy, I just don’t love cauliflower. I don’t love the way it smells, or how it can taste bitter.
But this recipe??
It changes ALL of that.
Not only is this recipe for Cilantro Cashew pesto that my mom put her own twist on amazing (I can literally just eat it straight from the bowl) – but it makes cauliflower taste more buttery, rich, and creamy than you’d ever imagine.
It is so delicious- you won’t be able to get enough!
This side dish is also great a few days later – it tastes even more delicious as leftovers a day or two after you make it – which makes it a perfect lunch side when you’re on the go!
This dish is so rich and comforting, and full of fresh flavors. I know you will love it as much as I do!
Roasted Cauliflower with Cilantro Cashew Pesto
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small pieces
- ¼ cups unsalted raw cashews
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a Microplane-style grater
- Zest of ½ lime
- ½ teaspoon seeded and finely chopped serrano chile
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup crumbled cotija cheese, plus ½ cup for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cauliflower to baking sheet and roast at 350, turning occasionally, until soft and slightly browned- about 25 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients except ½ cup cotija for topping into a food processor. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- When cauliflower is roasted, place in bowl and top with pesto sauce, and remaining ¼ cup cotija cheese.
- Serve immediately.