Silver Dollar Banana Pancakes
Feb 03, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and these Silver Dollar Banana Pancakes are sure to start your day off right. These pancakes are so easy to make, and you can customize them to be as healthy or indulgent as you want!
Easy Silver Dollar Banana Pancakes
These silver dollar banana pancakes are quick and easy to whip up. Each pancake is about the size of a silver dollar. Although they are normally served for breakfast here in the U.S, other countries eat them as a dessert!
Homemade pancake batter is sweetly flavored with vanilla, cinnamon, or pumpkin spice, and mashed bananas. The end result is a light, fluffy, and delicious pancake. And, the best thing about this recipe is that it’s very forgiving. You can easily add or omit flavors and spices.
How To Make Silver Dollar Banana Pancakes
When it comes to making pancakes, the best pancakes are made from homemade batter, not a box mix. Get out your shopping list and jot these ingredients down to make delicious, fluffy homemade pancakes!
- Flour– When you measure flour, scoop it with a spoon into the measuring cup and level it off with a butter knife. If you scoop the flour with the measuring cup, it packs down and you end up using too much flour.
- Brown sugar– Use your measuring spoon to scoop the brown sugar. You want it to be packed unlike flour.
- Baking powder– This helps the pancakes to rise while cooking making them light and fluffy.
- Eggs– Check for freshness by placing your eggs in a bowl of water. If they float, throw them out.
- Milk– Any milk will work, but if you want fluffier pancakes, I would suggest using buttermilk.
- Butter– You will need to melt the butter in 30-second increments in the microwave before adding to your batter. It melts quicker if it is at room temperature.
- Flavorings– You will need salt, cinnamon or pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract to give your batter a sweet flavor.
- Bananas– Mash 2 medium ripe bananas to add to your pancake batter. Be sure to mash them before mixing them in with your other ingredients.
Get out two mixing bowls, a whisk, and a skillet. Follow the directions below to make the best silver dollar pancakes you’ve ever had!
- First, whisk the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted butter, milk, vanilla extract, and bananas.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined and no dry flour is visible.
- Next, heat an electric griddle to 375? or turn your stovetop to medium heat. Melt some butter to grease the skillet or griddle.
- Use a small scoop to drop batter into the skillet. Each pancake should be about 1 tablespoon of batter.
- Allow the pancake to cook until it begins to bubble. Then, flip it over and finish cooking.
- Serve hot and Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Silver Dollar Pancakes and FAQs:
- The pancake batter will be lumpy. This is ok. Do not overmix the batter.
- Allow the skillet or griddle to heat up completely across the full surface before cooking the batter. Otherwise you may have to throw out your first pancakes.
- You will know to flip your pancakes when you see tiny bubbles coming to the surface of your pancake. Do not flip it sooner, or it won’t be done on the other side.
- Let your batter rise for 10-minutes. Allow your pancake batter to sit for about 10-minutes before you begin to cook them. This makes fluffier, lighter pancakes.
If you are using a griddle, you will want to keep the temperature at 375? so that the outside and inside cook evenly. If you are using a skillet, keep your stovetop at medium to medium low heat so that the pancakes cook evenly.
You can easily have your pancake batter whipped up in about 10-minutes. It will take about 10-minutes for each pancake to cook and you can make about 4 at a time. From start to finish, each batch of pancakes will take about 20-minutes to make.
If your pancakes are mushy in the center, it’s probably because the heat on the skillet or griddle is too high. If the heat is too high, it will cook the outside much faster than the inside resulting in mushy pancakes. To fix this issue, turn the heat down a little.
You can store leftover cooked pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Or, you can put them in Ziploc freezer bags and store them in the freezer for up to 3-months. You can reheat your pancakes in the microwave in 10-second increments until warm.
What To Serve With Silver Dollar Banana Pancakes
Banana Pancakes can be served as the main course alongside other breakfast foods like eggs, bacon, or hashbrowns. I like to serve my pancakes with my Slow Cooker Sausage Hashbrown and Egg Casserole or my Cheesy Chorizo Egg and Potato Skillet and a side of bacon.
Silver Dollar Banana Pancakes Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media and get in on all the fun!
- 1 ½ cups (195 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about ¾ cup)
- Additional butter or oil for cooking
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate, medium bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter, milk, vanilla extract, and bananas.
- Fold in the dry ingredients, until there is no dry flour visible. The batter will be lumpy.
- Heat your electric griddle to 375°F (190°C) or turn your stovetop to medium heat. Melt butter on griddle or skillet.
- Using a small scoop, drop batter onto skillet in 1 tablespoon portions.
- Once the pancake begins to bubble, flip over to finish cooking. Serve hot.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 484Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 136mgSodium 813mgCarbohydrates 62gFiber 3gSugar 19gProtein 11g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.