Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts – delicious tender chicken breasts slow cooked in a thick, rich honey garlic sauce!
If you love sweet and savory chicken, and want a recipe that is truly set and forget it – this simple, delicious dinner is for you!
Sticky-sweet honey garlic sauce covers chicken as it cooks in a slow cooker or crock pot for four hours, bringing you tender, delicious, juicy chicken breasts that please even picky eaters.
This is one dinner that you can feel good about making your family again and again – and it’s so simple and easy, with very minimal cleanup.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
To better serve all readers, we have a “skip to recipe” button in the top left corner of each page to save you from scrolling.
We also have a clickable table of contents below that can help you navigate quickly through our recipe.
Table of contents
Honey Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken
This recipe is a family favorite because it is so simple and easy, and because:
- This chicken is LOADED with sweet and savory flavor, thanks to honey, ketchup, sriracha, and soy sauce!
- Honey garlic chicken is truly set it and forget it – you toss the ingredients into the slow cooker, go about your day, and come back to dinner!
- You can add more heat by stirring in chili paste or sriracha – the sky is the limit!
- Toss in broccoli or other vegetables for a one pot dinner that even picky eaters will gobble up – just add them halfway through your chicken’s cooking time.
How To Cook Honey Garlic Chicken In The Slow Cooker
This honey garlic chicken is truly easy, with simple ingredients and a really straightforward method – but there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind for a perfect dinner, every time.
We’re sharing our top tips for perfect slow cooker honey garlic chicken below:
- Don’t grease slow cooker – we simply put a little bit of oil at the bottom before laying chicken breasts into the pan and then add the sauce on top.
- Let chicken cook in the sauce, which will still be thin when chicken is done cooking. Then remove chicken and heat sauce in slow cooker to thicken, spoon over chicken to serve.
How To Thicken Honey Garlic Sauce
The sauce we cook the chicken in will be a bit thin when your chicken is done – which I prefer – but you can easily thicken it (my kids like it thicker) by stirring in a little cornstarch and heating it in the slow cooker after removing the chicken. This step takes only about 5 minutes, which is how long you want to let your chicken rest before serving. Spoon sauce over chicken when it has thickened to serve!
We’re adding a couple of our top tips for perfect rich, thick honey garlic sauce below:
- We like using instant cornstarch so you don’t have to make a slurry – it is formulated to dissolve immediately into food without clumping. While you can certainly make a slurry with regular cornstarch, I love just getting the quick kind to save a step!
- Sauce will thicken even more once removed from heat – don’t over thicken. Pull just a little thinner than you would like it from the heat and see how it sets up.
- Top with sesame seeds after sauce has set.
Tips to Perfect Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts
Slow cooker chicken has a sort of bland, white appearance – if you want a better look to your chicken, you can lightly brown it in a pan before adding to your slow cooker. This will make your chicken a bit more appetizing looking if you are serving this for a dinner party.
Set and forget this dish with confidence, but don’t overcook your chicken – it will cause the chicken meat to either dry out and become tough, or turn your chicken meat to mush – instead of tender, juicy chicken we’re going for with this recipe. Don’t cook for 6 hours when 4 does the trick!
Arrange enough chicken to fill the bottom of your slow cooker’s pan. Don’t stack chicken on top of each other for the most even cooking.
You can flip chicken to cook more evenly, but it is not necessary.
What to Serve With Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
You can find some of our favorite recent side dishes below:
Find our entire side dish recipe archives here.
Chicken is fully cooked at 165 degrees internal temperature when probed with a meat thermometer at the thickest part of the chicken breast.
We’re looking for a soft texture that can shred or cut with light pressure from a fork or knife.
This recipe can last in the fridge for up to four days in an airtight container.
Slow Cooker Garlic Honey Chicken Breasts Recipe
If you love this easy recipe, please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts - delicious tender chicken breasts slow cooked in a thick, rich honey garlic sauce!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon instant foodstarch (ultragel) or 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 1 tablespoon water slurry
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, honey, garlic, lime, oil, sriracha, salt, pepper and whisk until well combined.
- Add to a bag or large bowl with chicken breasts and cover. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Add to slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
- When chicken has reached 165 degrees internal temperature, remove from slow cooker and set aside.
- Stir in foodstarch or cornstarch slurry and whisk into sauce to let thicken, boiling on high as it reduces.
- Stir in sesame seeds and green onions or parsley, for garnish.
- Spoon sauce over chicken, serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 371Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 102mgSodium 678mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 2gSugar 14gProtein 40g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.