This easy apple banana cake bread recipe is bursting with fresh apple and banana flavor – sweet and moist enough to be a cake, sliced like bread, for the ultimate breakfast indulgence!
This apple banana cake bread is light and airy like a cake, with a moist and thicker crumb like a bread.
This bread is delicious slathered with creamy butter (and apple butter!), dusted with a bit of powdered sugar, or even drizzled with honey or fresh maple syrup.
There is nothing more delicious or cozy than a warm, crumbly apple bread recipe in fall – but this apple banana cake bread recipe is sure to become one of your very favorite new dishes!
I am so excited to join with a bunch of my favorite bloggers for a fall-inspired recipe tour spotlighting our favorite crisp weather indulgence – fresh fall apples!
I love cooking with apples, and am so excited to join in this group spotlighting tons of apple recipes to get you in the mood for fall.
If you’ve been looking for a bunch of delicious apple recipes and ways to cook with apples, you’re in luck!
Please scroll down to find the other apple recipes and click through to see them (and hopefully find a new blog you love, too!).
JUST TAKE ME TO THE EASY APPLE BANANA CAKE BREAD RECIPE EVER ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, i think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious easy apple banana cake bread recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
What Apple To Bake Bread With
Baking with fresh apples is one of my favorite parts of fall – but there are a few tips and tricks to consider to keep your recipe perfect when using fresh apples.
If you’ve ever wondered what type of apple to bake in apple bread, I’m listing my favorites below!
- Granny Smith
- Pink Lady
In general, an apple that is tart, sweet, and a bit crisp is best for baking so it will hold up in the oven. If you want the strongest apple flavor and want to avoid a mushy mess, it is important to pick the right apple to bake with!
How To Bake With Apples
Apples are one fo my favorite things to bake with – if you’re trying to find delicious ways to use apples in your recipes, please use some of my ideas below!
- Add diced apples to muffins.
- For a deliciously sweet kick to ordinary muffin recipes, try adding diced apples. Be sure to dice apples very finely and try to keep apple chunks about the same size so the muffins have a uniform texture.
- Remove peels.
- For best results, I remove peels from apples to keep the consistency and texture uniform.
- Swap applesauce for butter or oil.
- Applesauce (and even just mushed up apples that have been softened on the stove or oven)
- Start substituting applesauce for a portion of the fat to get familiar with the effect of the oil.
- For example, if a recipe calls for 1/2 cup (118 ml) of oil, substitute1/4 cup (28.3 g) of applesauce and also add 1/4 cup (59 ml) of oil.
Other Delicious Apple Recipes You’ll Love
This easy and moist apple cake bread recipe is a part of a fall recipe tour with some of my favorite bloggers – please visit their posts for tons of delicious, beautiful recipes that celebrate fall’s favorite red fruit!
Slab Apple Pie + Caramel Sauce by Ella Claire | Applesauce Sheet Cake + Cream Cheese Frosting by Love Grows Wild | Apple Spice Streusel Cake by Inspired by Charm | Baked Apple Slices by Julie Blanner | Cinnamon Maple Sourdough Apple Pie by Farmhouse on Boone Brioche Apple Bread Pudding by Boxwood Avenue | Apple Cider Pound Cake by Anderson + Grant | Apple Muffins by A Burst of Beautiful | Banana Apple Cake Bread by Sweet C’s | Rustic Apple Strudel by So Much Better with Age New England Apple Crisp by Nina Hendrick | Maple Apple Oatmeal by Finding Home Farms | Chocolate Apple Mini Cakes by Zevy Joy | Artisan Apple Bread by Nesting with Grace | Low Carb Apple Sandwich Snacks by My Sweet Savannah Apple Peach Crisp by Summer Adams | Roasted Apple and Butternut Squash Soup by Town & Country Living
Easy Apple Banana Cake Bread Recipe
If you like this deliciously easy apple banana bread recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
This easy apple banana cake bread recipe is bursting with fresh apple and banana flavor - sweet and moist enough to be a cake, sliced like bread, for the ultimate breakfast indulgence!
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 bananas , mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup diced apple, skins removed
- 1/2 banana, sliced thin for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare 9×5 inch loaf pan, cake pan, OR tarte pan with parchment paper or grease it generously.
- In one large bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl mix together banana, sugar, brown sugar, sour cream, oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir well till all is incorporated.
- Stir in apples and mix to evenly distribute.
- Pour into pan.
- Lay thin sliced bananas on top to caramelize as bread bakes.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and a stick inserted in the middle comes out clean. If you bake it in a tarte pan it will take less time.
- Cool before removing from pan.
- Cut and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Reynolds Kitchens Unbleached Parchment Paper Roll, 45 Square Feet
KitchenAid Artisan Series Stand Mixer, 5 Quart, Passion Red
USA Pan 1145LF Bakeware Aluminized Steel 1.25 Lb Loaf Pan, Medium, Silver
CHEFMADE 9.5-Inch Round Tart Pan with Removable Loose Bottom, Non-Stick Carbon Steel Quiche Pan for Oven Baking (Champagne Gold)
Amount Per Serving Calories 429Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 69mgSodium 231mgCarbohydrates 70gFiber 3gSugar 32gProtein 7g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!