S'mores Truffles are a delightful twist on the classic campfire treat, bringing together the beloved flavors of s'mores in a bite-sized dessert.
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Chocolate Marshmallow Truffles
These truffles usually consist of a rich, creamy chocolate ganache center, infused with the essence of toasted marshmallows. The ganache is then rolled into balls and coated in crushed graham crackers to mimic the traditional s'mores sandwich layers.
Some variations might also include a mini marshmallow in the center of each truffle or a drizzle of chocolate on top for an extra touch of sweetness. Perfect for any occasion, S'mores Truffles offer a nostalgic taste of summer no matter the time of year.
How To Make Perfect S'mores Truffles
To make this recipe, we will use the following ingredients:
- Crushed Graham Crackers: Graham crackers bring the essential crust element of traditional s'mores to these truffles. They add a sweet, honey flavor and a crunchy texture. In this recipe, they're used within the truffle and as a garnish for a double dose of graham goodness.
- Marshmallow Fluff: This adds the fluffy, sweet marshmallow layer that's a key part of any s'mores. It's whipped, spreadable marshmallow creme that will blend well with the other ingredients and add a creamy, airy sweetness to the truffles.
- Cream Cheese: Cream cheese adds a tangy flavor that balances the sweetness of the other ingredients. It also helps to bind the ingredients together, creating a rich, creamy base for the truffles.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: These bring the quintessential chocolate element of s'mores. Semi-sweet chocolate provides a deep, rich chocolate flavor that's not overly sweet, balancing the sugary marshmallow and graham cracker components. In this recipe, they'll likely be melted and incorporated into the truffle mixture, contributing to a fudgy, indulgent texture.
To make this recipe, we will use the following ingredients:
- Mix. Combine the crushed graham crackers, marshmallow fluff, and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Use a large spatula or electric hand mixer to stir the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- For truffles. Divide the mixture into 18 equal sized balls. Place your truffles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper. Allow the truffles to chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Chill. After the truffles have had time to freeze, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth. Dip each truffle in the melted chocolate and return to the baking sheet. Sprinkle a little bit of extra crushed graham cracker over the truffles as desired.
- Enjoy! Allow the truffles to freezer for an additional 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect S'mores Truffles
- Make sure that the chocolate is completely set before serving these truffles. Because they use melted chocolate chips and not true tempered chocolate, they do not do well when kept on the counter for long periods of time. The chocolate will become very soft.
- If you like a richer truffle, you can use dark chocolate. Likewise, you can use milk chocolate for a sweeter truffle.
- Store any leftover truffles in an airtight container for up to 7 days in the fridge or 2 months in the freezer. These truffles are great straight from the freezer and do not become too hard to bite into.
- Using room temperature cream cheese makes mixing the truffle mixture easier and helps the other ingredients become more evenly incorporated.
- For another fun topping, you can palace a mini marshmallow on top of each truffle after dipping them in chocolate.
- The chocolate sets relatively quickly once the truffles have been dipped, in part because you freeze the truffle balls beforehand.
S'mores Truffles should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can last for about a week if stored properly.
Yes, you can freeze S'mores Truffles. Place them in a freezer-safe container separated by layers of parchment paper. They can be frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost them in the refrigerator before serving.
While semi-sweet chocolate chips are recommended for a balanced flavor, you can also use milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips, depending on your personal preference.
Marshmallow fluff is best for this recipe because it mixes easily with the other ingredients. Using whole marshmallows could result in a lumpy texture and would require additional steps, such as melting the marshmallows first.
Try dusting your hands lightly with powdered sugar or a bit of the crushed graham crackers before rolling the truffles. This can help prevent sticking.
Yes, S'mores Truffles are a great make-ahead dessert. You can prepare them a few days in advance and store them in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.
Absolutely! This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for larger crowds. Just be sure to adjust the ingredient quantities accordingly.
What to Serve With S'mores Truffles
Coffee or Espresso: The bold, robust flavors of coffee or espresso can balance the sweet, creamy richness of the truffles. Serving coffee also creates a café-like experience.
Vanilla Ice Cream: A scoop of vanilla ice cream can provide a cool, creamy contrast to the dense truffles. The neutral vanilla flavor won't compete with the taste of the s'mores.
Fruit: Fresh fruit, like berries or sliced peaches, can cut through the richness of the truffles with their natural acidity and sweetness.
Whipped Cream: A dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream can provide a lighter textural contrast to the denseness of the truffles.
Digestifs: A small glass of a dessert wine or a liqueur can complement the sweet flavors of the truffles. Try a port, a sweet sherry, or a chocolate or coffee liqueur.
S'mores Truffles Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Delicious easy truffles with crunchy chocolate and creamy rich marshmallow fluff, topped with graham cracker crumbs!
- 3 cups crushed graham crackers + extra for garnishing
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine the crushed graham crackers, marshmallow fluff, and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Use a large spatula or electric hand mixer to stir the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 18 equal sized balls. Place your truffles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper. Allow the truffles to chill in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- After the truffles have had time to freeze, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth. Dip each truffle in the melted chocolate and return to the baking sheet. Sprinkle a little bit of extra crushed graham cracker over the truffles as desired.
- Allow the truffles to freezer for an additional 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Fluff Marshmallow Spread (Pack of 2) 7 ½oz.
Gefen Vegan Semi Sweet Real Dark Chocolate Chips, Dairy Free 9oz (3 Pack),Nut Free, Lactose Free, Kosher, Great for Baking (9OZ, 3)
Stainless Steel Double Boiler Melting Pot with Heat Resistant Handle, Large Capacity Chocolate Melting Pot for Butter Candy Butter Cheese, Candle Making (450/900ML)
12 Pcs Candy Dipping Tools Set Included 10 Pcs Chocolate Dipping Fork Spoons and 2 Pcs Culinary Decorating Spoons Chef Stainless Steel Art Pencil for Decorative Plates
Fox Run 3-Piece Chocolate Dipping Set, 0.5 x 5 x 13 inches, Metallic
Amount Per Serving Calories 214Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 13mgSodium 110mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 3g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.