This one is for all you pumpkin lovers out there. This colorful, bright, mouthwatering punch combines apple cider, pumpkin, all those fall spices, cream, and vodka to liven up any party or holiday gathering. It’s a recipe for the perfect fall party.
Here at Sweet C’s we know we have lots of types of readers – some who want lots of information about the recipes they are making, some who want just certain tips, and some who want to get straight to the recipe. While our posts are longer and broken up into many sections, we do this to provide you with enough information to feel empowered to make a great dish every time you step in the kitchen, no matter your comfort level cooking.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Spiked Pumpkin Punch
We love any excuse to have a party, especially one that involves an adult spiked punch. This punch uses those fall pantry staples of apple cider, pumpkin, and fresh orchard apples into a mouthwatering punch that will keep your guests coming back for more.
Just like food, drinks will only taste as good as their ingredients. Be sure to use a high quality vodka for this punch and fresh apple cider. We like to get apple cider and apples from our local u-pick orchard or on Saturdays at our town’s autumn farmers market.
How To Make Pumpkin Punch
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Apple cider – apple cider is super easy to find in the fall in most grocery stores. It’s made by pressing the apples that have imperfections into a juice. Apple cider is distinct from apple juice because it is unfiltered and unpasteurized. See the tip #2 below for more info about substitutions.
- Pumpkin puree – it wouldn’t be pumpkin punch without pumpkin. I add pumpkin puree to give it an earthy, nutty, sweet, buttery flavor. I used canned pumpkin puree here, see tip #1 below for info about canned vs. fresh.
- Pumpkin pie spice – pumpkin spice is just a combination of equal parts nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves, it gives this punch that pumpkin pie spicy bite. If you don’t have any premixed pumpkin spice just mix your own.
- Sprite – a bubbly, sweet kick sets this punch apart – for a less-sweet flavor, opt for a dry soda or tonic.
- Vodka – vodka is distilled from grains and potato mash and has a lightly spicy flavor that compliments the apple and pumpkin perfectly for this recipe. You want to use a high quality vodka for the best tasting pumpkin patch punch.
- Apple slices – fresh sliced apples make this punch beautiful and the apples release their crisp sweetness into the punch which gives it that fresh taste.
- Orange slices – orange slices make this punch aesthetically pleasing and bring a refreshing citrus hit that compliments the apple cider and vodka.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, we will use the following method:
- Mix- Mix all the ingredients together in the bowl you plan to serve the punch in. Refrigerate until ready to serve. You can freeze the pre-sliced apples and oranges to keep the punch cold when serving it without watering it down.
- Enjoy – Top with apple and orange slices, cinnamon sticks, and star of anise, if desired, and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks To Perfect Pumpkin Punch:
Check out these tips and tricks and frequently asked questions you didn’t even think to ask!
Fresh vs. Canned Pumpkin. Fresh pumpkin has a different flavor (more like butternut squash) than canned pumpkin. If you want to use fresh puree you can cut a pumpkin in half, clean out the seeds, then place it on a roasting pan with the flesh down and bake it at 375 degrees until a knife inserted into the outer skin inserts easily (about an hour). Then scoop out the inside and mash it to make a puree.
Apple Juice sub for Apple Cider. You can substitute apple juice for apple cider. If you make that substitution I recommend mixing ¼ cup of applesauce into your punch. It will give it more of a distinct unfiltered apple cider flavor.
Yes, just leave out the vodka to un-spike the punch. If you want to make it a sparkling punch just add 16oz of Sprite which will give it that bubbly effect without taking away from the fall flavors.
If you have leftover punch you can store it in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. I like to add leftover punch to the blender with ice cubes to make a nice iced pumpkin pie adult beverage.
What to serve with Pumpkin Punch?
For more of our easy pumpkin recipes, visit our recent favorites below:
Pumpkin Punch Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Delicious sparkling punch with sprite, vodka, pumpkin, and tons of fall flavor!
- ½ gallon apple cider
- 16 oz sprite
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups vodka
- Apple slices
- Orange slices
- cinnamon sticks and star of anise, to garnish
- Mix all ingredients but cool whip in a punch bowl.
- Top with apple slices, cinnamon sticks, star of anise, and serve over ice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
PuTwo Stainless Steel Metal Martini Picks, 4" Pack of 8 in Gold
CZUMJJ Large Glass Coffee Mugs Set of 2 Glass Wide Mouth Coffee Mug, 15 oz Cappuccino Glass Mugs with Handles, Clear Coffee Mug for Cocoa, Milk, Coffee, Latte, Cereal, Ice Cream (With Coffee Spoon)
70 oz Pumpkin Jar with Cover Transparente Target
Amount Per Serving Calories 237Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 16mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 2gSugar 27gProtein 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.