Nothing says party like a bowl of spiked punch! This fun fizzy pumpkin pie punch is packed with fall flavors, fresh citrus, and spiked with brandy and vodka. It's time to get the party started!
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Refreshing Spiked Pumpkin Pie Punch
Who doesn't love a good party? I have found one of the keys to a good party is having a great big bowl of delicious refreshing spiked punch to help loosen everyone up.
This recipe combines the flavors of fall (pumpkin and apple) with citrus to give it a zing that will keep your guests coming back for more. If you want to make this child and adult friendly you can leave out the vodka and brandy or combine them in a small bowl on the side with a little ladle so adults can add it to their punch (keep it out of the reach of children…). Any way you mix it, you are going to want to save this recipe for all your fall and Thanksgiving get-togethers.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Punch
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Apple cider - apple cider is super easy to find in the fall in most grocery stores. It's made by pressing the apples that have imperfections into a juice that is distinct from apple juice because it is unfiltered and unpasteurized. See the FAQs below for more info about substitutions.
- Orange juice - I like using orange juice here to get a warm citrus flavor. I find that it pairs well with apple and with the brandy and vodka in this punch. Use fresh pulp free orange juice.
- Lemon juice - lemon juice brings a brightness to this punch. Even though it's fall, you don't want your punch to taste heavy, citrus gives it that necessary festive lift.
- Pumpkin puree - this is pumpkin patch punch so we add pumpkin puree to give it an earthy, nutty, sweet, buttery flavor. I used canned pumpkin puree here, see tip #1 below for info about canned vs. fresh.
- Vodka - vodka is distilled from grains and potato mash and has a lightly spicy flavor that compliments the apple and pumpkin perfectly for this recipe. You want to use a high quality vodka for the best tasting pumpkin patch punch.
- Brandy - brandy is made from fermented fruit juice (usually primarily grapes) and has a fruity and subtly sweet taste. Make sure you use a high quality brandy for the best taste.
- Sprite - sprite is the perfect way to add carbonation to any punch since it doesn't have a super strong flavor of its own so it adds an expected sparkling nature to the punch without taking away from the star fall flavors.
- Pomegranate arils - arils is just a fancy word for seeds. Pomegranate is super tart and contrasts the sweetness of the brandy very well. The nice thing about using pomegranate seeds instead of juice is that they sit at the top of the punch which gives it a lovely look and anyone who doesn't like pomegranate can drink the punch without getting any in their glass.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, we will use the following method:
- Mix - Mix all the ingredients together in the bowl you plan to serve the punch in. Refrigerate until ready to serve. See tip #2 below for tips on how to keep the punch cold without watering it down when serving.
Tips and Tricks For Perfect Pumpkin Pie Punch:
Making punch is elementary, here are some tips and frequently asked questions you didn't even know you needed.
Fresh vs. Canned Pumpkin. Fresh pumpkin has a different flavor (more like butternut squash) than canned pumpkin. If you want to use fresh puree you can cut a pumpkin in half, clean out the seeds, then place it on a roasting pan with the flesh down and bake it at 375 degrees until a knife inserted into the outer skin inserts easily (about an hour). Then scoop out the inside and mash it to make a puree.
Serve pumpkin patch punch cold without watering it down. One way to serve any punch cold without watering it down is to make punch flavored ice cubes. I just mix apple cider and orange juice (you will likely have leftovers of these) together and pour them into 4 ice cube trays (or as many as needed). Freeze ahead of time then add them just before the party starts. You can add fresh fruit or pomegranate to the ice cubes for a fun look. You can freeze any of the ingredients in this punch recipe into ice cubes except the liquor, which does not freeze well.
You can substitute apple juice for apple cider. If you make that substitution I recommend mixing ¼ cup of applesauce into your punch. It will give it more of a distinct unfiltered apple cider flavor.
If you have leftover punch you can store it in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. I like to add leftover punch to the blender with ice cubes to make a nice iced pumpkin alcoholic beverage.
What to serve with Pumpkin Pie Punch
This fun and delicious punch is great with our other Halloween Recipes and fall recipes like Frankenstein Cookies, easy baked Pumpkin Hand Pies, a deliciously spooky non alcoholic Halloween Punch, edible pumpkin chocolate chip cookie dough, or a slice of warm Cinnamon Bread!
Pumpkin Pie Punch Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Delicious easy party punch loaded with boozy pumpkin flavor!
- 2 cups spiced apple cider
- 1 ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vodka
- 8 oz brandy
- 16 oz sprite
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- Mix in a large bowl, stir in ice.
- Freeze pomegranate arils ahead of time if desired to chill punch without watering down too much.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Zulay Kitchen 1 Gallon Cold Brew Coffee Maker with EXTRA-THICK Glass Carafe & Stainless Steel Mesh Filter - Premium Iced Coffee Maker, Cold Brew Pitcher & Tea Infuser
YES Time Stainless Steel Arrow Motif Martini Cocktail Picks for Fruit,Cocktail,Party,Wedding Set of 6 (Gold)
1 Pcs Diamond Whiskey Glass & 10 oz Gold Rim Glassware for Drinking Bourbon, Irish, Vodka, Cognac, Scotch, Wine and More
70 oz Pumpkin Jar with Cover Transparente Target
Amount Per Serving Calories 152Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 9mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.