Tequila Habanero Country Rib Pork Tacos with sishito peppers, bell peppers, cojita and caramelized onions are the most delicious pork tacos ever!
I love country rib tacos – they are one of the best ways to eat country/short ribs, ever.
Country ribs (and short ribs) are rich and full of flavor – and are super easy to make. After a quick browning, you can chuck them in a dutch oven or slow cooker and come back in a few hours to a delicious, decadent meal.
But toss them in tacos with some onions, a few types of peppers, and cotija cheese?
Then you have something magical!
I can’t under-sell these tacos, because they are that good.
And really- these are so easy to make!
It’s perfect for parties too- you can set out all of your ingredients and let guests make their own tacos in a little impromptu taco bar!
Adding shishito peppers is a fabulous accompaniment to the tacos – it gives a little bit of a bright and citrus-y kick!
In some of the pictures here, I had the stems still on the peppers- but obviously, you need to take them out when you go to eat them.
For the tequila habanero short ribs recipe, head here.
And for the BEST blistered shishito peppers recipe, head here!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and then sliced into strips
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 6 flour tortillas, uncooked
- 3 cups tequila habanero pork taco mix
- 2 cups cotija cheese
- 6-12 blistered shishito peppers
- In a large pan, heat olive oil until shimmery.
- Add peppers and onions and cook until browned, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, about 15 minutes.
- In a separate pan, add uncooked tortillas on low one at a time and heat until slightly blistered and puffy, about 5 minutes per side. (If using cooked tortillas, just heat them a minute per side in a dry pan).
- When peppers and onions are caramelized, add a little to each tortilla, along with pork taco mix, and 1-2 shishito peppers.
- Top with cotija, serve immediately!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 277 Saturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 44mg Sodium: 765mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 9g