The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe – delicious chewy soft chocolate chip cookies with a crunchy base and hot gooey center!
If you love perfect, soft, chewy cookies with a crispy, crunchy bottom and a hot and gooey center – this will be your next favorite cookie recipe!
Pour yourself a tall glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a stack of cookies with a classic taste just like from grandma’s kitchen. (Though one of my grandmas, my great-grandma Curly, was famous for serving us raisins and Kool-Aid instead of cookies and milk – but that’s a far less interesting recipe, I assure you.)
These chocolate chip cookies are my absolute favorite – so easy and the perfect when you’re in the mood for a classic.
This recipe was a request from my friend Adam for his friend Vanessa who was in search of the perfect chewy chocolate chip cookie… while this is not the coolest shoutout of his week, I hope these cookies are the tastiest part! We tested a few different methods of chocolate chip cookies, and settled on our tried and true method below for the absolute perfect cookies – we hope you love them!
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out our best soft sugar cookie recipe and easy lofthouse cookie recipes too!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
We love this easy, classic recipe for chewy chocolate chip cookies – it is simple enough for even beginner cooks to make perfect, every time!
- These cookies have the perfect nostalgic cookie flavor – just like grandma used to make them!
- Chewy chocolate chip cookies don’t require any special equipment – if you have a mixer you can use one, but a spoon does the trick, too.
- These cookies don’t require any chilling time – no chill time means chewy chocolate cookies fast!
- You can make a big batch and freeze cookies individually so you can bake one fresh anytime the craving hits.
- Be sure to have a big glass of cold milk to dunk these cookies in – it’s practically required to have cookies and milk!
- These cookies are meant to have a hot, gooey center with a crunchy base for chewy cookies that are melt in your mouth delicious!
How to Make Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees – it is absolutely essential the oven is preheated properly for your cookies to bake evenly.
Cream together butter and sugar well before adding in eggs, one by one.
Add dry ingredients to a bowl to mix before adding into sugar, butter, and eggs – mix in 3 separate additions to ensure and even, lump free dough.
Stir in two cups of the chocolate chips.
Form into cookies and bake on ungreased cookie sheet.
Press additional chocolate chips into top of cookies while still hot for additional chocolate flavor! They will melt slightly into cookie and make your cookie look great from the top.
Tips To Perfect Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
While these classic chocolate chip cookies are super simple and easy to make, there are a couple tips to make them perfect, every time.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet. Using an ungreased sheet will give a slightly crispy bottom to your cookie, with a soft, chewy, and gooey middle.
- For puffier cookies, you can use a sheet of parchment paper underneath the cookies – but they will not have the classic crunchy bottom and gooey center.
- Don’t skip the corn syrup – corn syrup gives these cookies the classic chewy texture and flavor!
- You can press additional chocolate chips into the top before or right after baking for a really loaded chocolate chip cookie that kids LOVE! This makes up for the extra 1 cup of chocolate chips per batch, which is optional.
What You Need For Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Two mixing bowls – one medium sized and one large
- Long, sturdy spoon like a wooden spoon; stand mixer; or hand mixer
- Nonstick baking sheet (any metal sheet will do, but we like nonstick kinds since we will not be using baking spray or greasing the pan in any way)
- Metal wire cooling rack
- Cookie scoop – not mandatory, but makes measuring even cookies easier
Other Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
You can find our complete dessert recipe index here. Find more of our easy cookie recipes here.
You can keep cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature.
We tested this recipe numerous ways and found for a crunchy base and gooey center, it is important to bake on an ungreased cookie sheet with no parchment paper.
If you’re concerned with cookies sticking, you can use a nonstick metal cookie sheet – but don’t use cooking spray or butter!
When the edges around the cookies have browned, and the sides have started to brown a bit, the cookies are done – just at about 10 minutes.
We recommend making cookie dough and scooping with a cookie scoop and freezing as individual cookie dough circles – then you can place them directly on a baking sheet and bake when you want fresh baked cookies!
Baked cookies can be frozen for up to four months. Since you’ll need to bake them to reheat – or let them thaw for a few hours – we prefer just freezing dough and baking cookies fresh from frozen dough instead.
The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
The Best Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
The Best Classic Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe - delicious chewy soft chocolate chip cookies with a crispy base and hot gooey center!
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1¼ cups firmly light brown sugar, packed
- 1½ cups salted butter
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 4¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 cups chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition. Add vanilla and mix until fully combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 separate additions.
- Stir in 2 cups of the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool and remove from the cookie sheet.
- It’s really important to bake these on an ungreased cookie sheet. When baked on parchment paper the texture changes completely and it is more puffy. The ungreased cookie sheet gives these a slightly crisp and golden edge with a slightly undercooked and chewy center.
- I like to press additional chocolate chips into the top before or right after baking for a really loaded chocolate chip cookie. This accounts for the additional 1 cup of chocolate chips. This is optional!
- To bake from frozen: Bake directly from the freezer for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degree F or thaw in the refrigerator and bake as you would with a fresh batch.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Nordic Ware Round Cooling Grid, 13-inch diameter, Copper
Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Baking Sheet, 2-Piece Set
Gorilla Grip Premium Stainless Steel, Spring-Loaded Scoop for Fruit, Cookie and Ice Cream, Easy Squeeze and Clean Release, Comfortable Handle, Large 4 TBSP Scooper Size 16, Uniform Portions, Pink
Mixing Bowls - Babyltrl Mixing Bowls Set, 18pcs Kitchen Tools Stainless Steel Nesting Mixing Bowls with Lids, Size 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.5 QT, 7 Colors Kitchen Bowls for Mixing, Serving & Prepping
Amount Per Serving Calories 244Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 27mgSodium 130mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 2gSugar 23gProtein 3g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet Cs Reader Favorites
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out more of our reader favorites, like our famous pork tenderloin, our 10 minute lobster tails, air fryer french fries, and more!
Sweet C's Favorite Recipes
Favorite recipes from Sweet Cs Designs
The Best Ribeye Roast Recipe - easy and delicious boneless ribeye roast with a crunchy crust and tons of juicy ribeye flavor with almost no work - this recipe is perfect for even beginner cooks!
The Best Easy Air Fryer French Fries Recipe - delicious, crispy and crunchy french fries that taste just like your favorite restaurant - but a healthier french fry you can feel good about serving your family.
This is the Best Baked Garlic Pork Tenderloin recipe ever... incredibly easy, delicious, and bursting with Italian garlic butter flavors the whole family loves! An easy pork tenderloin dinner in under an hour - great for meal prep and makes amazing leftovers for a healthy, low carb keto or paleo diet eating plan, too!
One Pot Cheesy Taco Skillet– this easy, delicious, veggie packed beef taco skillet meal is quick and great for a budget- as well as a low carb diet! Easy cheesy beef taco skillet dinner that is perfect for burrito bowls, salads, skillet tacos, and more with tons of hidden vegetables that kids will eat!
This 10 Minute Perfect Broiled Lobster Tails Recipe is the quickest, tastiest, and easiest way to cook lobster tails- get perfect oven broiled lobster tails every time! The best of the recipes to lobster tail in the oven for a restaurant style lobster tail dinner in under 10 minutes.
Hearty and extremely delicious, this one pot hamburger cabbage soup is easy to make and always a huge hit! Simple ingredients for a family favorite soup everyone loves!
Easy Baked Pork Chops Recipe - the best easy baked pork chops ever in under 20 minutes with simple ingredients! Your family will beg for these pork chops all the time!
The Best Baked Garlic Pork Chops Recipe Ever is the best oven baked pork chop recipe ever - perfect rich, tender, juicy garlic baked pork chops that are incredibly easy and restaurant quality. With tons of tips for juicy baked pork chops, how to bake pork without drying it out, and how long to bake pork chops for perfectly tender pork!
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings Recipe - delicious easy keto oven baked chicken wings with a rich garlic parmesan flavor and tons of lemon!
Easy, crunchy, delicious Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs are a super simple one pot baked chicken thigh recipe everyone loves - bursting with ranch flavor in only five ingredients! Low carb, mess free, a deliciously crunchy crust, in a huge family favorite that is sure to make anyone a fan of chicken thighs in under 40 minutes!
Leave a Reply