These adorable spooky ghost cookies are a simple fun way to get in the Halloween spirit with your kids.
Here at Sweet C’s we know we have lots of types of readers – some who want lots of information about the recipes they are making, some who want just certain tips, and some who want to get straight to the recipe. While our posts are longer and broken up into many sections, we do this to provide you with enough information to feel empowered to make a great dish every time you step in the kitchen, no matter your comfort level cooking.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Easy Ghost Cookies
Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. My family loves to put up our creepy crawly decorations and have our annual Halloween costume party. These ghost cookies are always a huge hit and they are sure to become a staple in your family at Halloween.
My kids love to help in the kitchen but most recipes are a little too advanced for them. This is one that they can assemble and do themselves and they love adding the edible eyes. Warning, your ghost cookies may end up covered in edible eyes if your kids assemble them.
How To Make Dipped Ghost Cookies
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Golden oreos – golden oreos color makes them easy to coat in the white candy coating for the ghost look. If you use traditional oreos you will need to coat the ghosts more times with the candy melts.
- White chocolate peanut butter cups – peanut butter cups are delicious and they are perfect for giving these ghosts their form. You can use traditional peanut butter cups but it’s harder to get them totally white when covered with the candy coating.
- White chocolate candy coating – white chocolate candy coating is basically white chocolate mixed with some oils and milk solids. Its color and thickness are perfect for creating that ghost look for these cookies. See FAQs for alternatives.
- Edible eyeballs – these are available in most stores seasonally. See tip #1 below for how to make them.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, we will use the following method:
- Prep – Set a piece of parchment paper over a baking tray. Melt the chocolate candy coating in a bowl in the microwave.
- Dip – Place an oreo on a spoon then put a white chocolate peanut butter cup on the cookie upside down. Pour white chocolate over the cookie and cup and place 2 edible eyes on the top.
- Set – Set the ghosts on the parchment paper and set them in the freezer to set for at least 10 minutes.
- Enjoy- Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Dipped Ghost Cookies:
Here are some tips and tricks to help you when making these spooky treats.
Make your own edible eyeballs. To make edible eyeballs you will need some white chocolate chips and some dark chocolate chips. Melt each in the microwave then put a larger dot of melted dark chocolate on a piece of parchment paper and refrigerate to set for about 5 minutes. Then use a toothpick to add a smaller amount of melted white chocolate to the center of the dark chocolate dots. Refrigerate again to set then they are ready for your ghost cookies.
Keep frozen till you need them. These cute little ghosts will stay good in the freezer so feel free to make them ahead of time and freeze them until you need them. It’s a great way to not eat them all at once.
If you can’t find candy coating you can use any white chocolate that has been warmed up. It may take a few coats to get a fully white ghost cookie.
Place the cookies in an airtight container or on a platter wrapped with plastic wrap in a single layer, do not stack them or the chocolate will stick to the other cookies. These will stay fresh for up to 3 days if wrapped tightly.
What to Serve With Ghost Cookies
If you and your little ones enjoyed making this recipe try our Frankenstein Cookies , our Halloween Oreo Rice Krispie Treats, some simple Halloween Bark, a delicious and simple Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake, or our Pumpkin Magic Bars Recipe!
For more of our Halloween ideas, find our recent posts below:
White Chocolate Dipped Ghost Cookies Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Easy dipped cookies that look just like spooky ghosts!
- 12 Golden oreos OR Nilla Wafers
- 12 white chocolate peanut butter cups, wrapper off
- 16oz of white chocolate candy coating
- Edible eyeballs
- Set a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Melt the white chocolate candy coating in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Place a mini oreo on a spoon and a peanut butter cup upside down on top of the oreo.
- Hold the spoon over the bowl of melted white chocolate and using another spoon, coat the cookie and peanut butter cup in white chocolate.
- Set the little ghosts on the parchment paper and place two edible eyes on each ghost.
- Place it in the freezer for 10 minutes to set the chocolate then enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
OREO Thins Golden Sandwich Cookies Family Size, 13.1 oz
Sweets Indeed Sprinkles - Bulk Candy Eyeball Shapes - Halloween Sprinkles - Cake Sprinkles - Gluten-Free Sprinkles for Baking - Cupcake and Cake Topper - Sprinkle Mix - Sprinklefetti - 6.00 ounces
REESE'S Miniatures White Creme Peanut Butter Cups Candy, Individually Wrapped, 10.5 oz Share Pack
Fox Run 3-Piece Chocolate Dipping Set, 0.5 x 5 x 13 inches, Metallic
Wilton Bright White Candy Melts® Candy, 12 Oz, Pack of 6
Wilton Candy Melts Candy And Chocolate Melting Pot, 2.5 Cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 243Total Fat 116gSaturated Fat 27gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 69gCholesterol 8mgSodium 1024mgCarbohydrates 146gFiber 18gSugar 88gProtein 52g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.