Walnut Butterscotch Slow Cooker Fudge
Deliciously easy Walnut Butterscotch Slow Cooker Fudge is the perfect festive Christmas treat – great for gifts or a cookie exchange!
Christmas goes with fudge like peanut butter and jelly – it’s one of my favorite things to make and give during the holiday season.
Fudge can be fussy though- but it doesn’t have to be.
This super easy and incredibly delicious Walnut Butterscotch Slow Cooker Fudge is a truly simple recipe – just add the ingredients to a slow cooker, cook, stir, and cool for simple and stunning holiday perfect fudge!
This fudge has practically no active cooking time, making it a great recipe to make alongside Christmas cookies or cakes for a gift exchange, since you can whip up some while your other treats are cooking, without taking up precious stovetop or oven space!
Walnut Butterscotch Slow Cooker Fudge is great as a teacher gift, hostess gift, coworker gift – just pop them into a pretty jar and add a beautiful gift tag, and you’re done!
Slow Cooker Fudge Storing Tips
– If making ahead of time, keep fudge in one large sheet in the freezer, in a tight bag with no air bubbles in the freezer, for up to 3 months. I actually like to keep it inside two bags – one that has all the extra air pushed out, and one over that bag to help prevent freezer burn.
-Do not slice fudge into squares until you’re going to give it away or eat it – this helps prevent it from drying out.
-Store uneaten fudge in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 week; or 2 weeks refrigerated.
Tips to Perfect Easy Crockpot Fudge:
-Don’t be alarmed if your fudge looks a bit darker around the edges – this is the caramelization of the sugar. It will mix in well with your fudge and bring a rich, buttery flavor to your fudge that is irresistible!
– Watch your crockpot carefully – your fudge will lightly brown, but shouldn’t burn.
For this Recipe, You’ll need:
-parchment paper (if you aren’t using silicone)
Other Easy Fudge Recipes You’ll Love:
If you love this deliciously easy fudge, you’ll love these other easy to make fudge recipes:
Walnut Butterscotch Slow Cooker Fudge Recipe
- 1 lb white chocolate melting candy or almond bark
- 1 lb butterscotch baking chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp celtic sea salt
- In a slow cooker, add white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and walnuts.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, remove lid, stir well to mix, and pour into lined glass dish or silicone baking pan.
- Top fudge with celtic sea salt and press it lightly to stick to top of fudge.
- Cool in refrigerator for 2 hours or freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and slice to serve.