Pumpkin Bread Mini Pumpkins
Oct 02, 2023, Updated Nov 08, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Delicious easy pumpkin bread mini bundts shaped to look just like mini pumpkins with a cinnamon stick stem – the most adorable and delicious fall treat ever! Perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving parties or as a neighbor gift!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Cute Pumpkin Bread Mini Pumpkins
I love pumpkin bread– I usually head out to Sam’s Club in the fall months to stock up with as many huge cans as I can to keep me well stocked throughout the year.
This fall, I wanted to try something a little different with my delicious, moist and flavor-packed bread recipe- make them into Pumpkin Bread Mini Pumpkins !
These never-dry pumpkin bread bundt cakes use my favorite spiced pumpkin bread recipe with a simple icing
Making these is incredibly easy- using a mini bundt cake, I baked the following recipe until slightly browned (about 15 minutes in my oven at high altitude- please watch yours closely as my oven tends to be a bit wacky).
When cool, I cut any excess bread off the bottoms of each bundt to have a nice, flat surface- and simply placed on bundt on top of another!
I then iced, and placed a cinnamon stick in the middle as a pumpkin stem.
You can make your icing orange (which I do think looks better for Halloween) or keep it white (which is great for a classier look at Thanksgiving) – however you prefer!
These Pumpkin Bread Mini Pumpkins even make perfectly delicious edible Halloween party decor – how would you display them??
How to Make Pumpkin Bread Mini Pumpkins
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Pumpkin Puree (15-ounce can): Pumpkin puree is the star ingredient that provides the characteristic flavor and moisture to pumpkin bread. It adds natural sweetness and a rich, earthy taste.
- Eggs (4): Eggs act as a binding agent in the recipe, helping to give structure to the bread and create a tender crumb. They also contribute to the overall moisture.
- Vegetable Oil (1 cup): Vegetable oil provides moisture to the pumpkin bread, making it tender and preventing it from becoming too dry. It also adds richness to the flavor.
- Water (to loosen): Water is used to adjust the consistency of the batter. Depending on the moisture content of the other ingredients, you may need to add a small amount of water to achieve the right batter consistency.
- Sugar (3 cups): Sugar sweetens the bread and enhances the flavor of the pumpkin. It also contributes to the bread’s texture and helps with browning during baking.
- Whole Wheat All-Purpose Flour (3 1/2 cups): Whole wheat all-purpose flour adds a nutty, earthy flavor and some nutritional value to the bread. It provides structure and contributes to the bread’s density.
- Baking Soda (2 teaspoons): Baking soda is a leavening agent that helps the bread rise and become light and fluffy.
- Salt (1 1/2 teaspoons): Salt enhances the overall flavor of the bread by balancing the sweetness and other flavors. It also strengthens the gluten structure in the flour.
- Ground Cinnamon (1 1/2 teaspoons): Cinnamon is a warm and aromatic spice that imparts a classic pumpkin spice flavor to the bread. It adds depth and complexity to the taste.
- Ground Nutmeg (1 teaspoon): Nutmeg provides a slightly sweet and nutty flavor, complementing the cinnamon and enhancing the overall pumpkin spice profile.
- Ground Cloves (1/2 teaspoon): Cloves contribute a spicy, warm, and slightly peppery flavor to the bread. They add complexity to the spice blend.
- Cinnamon Sticks (8, as garnish): Cinnamon sticks are used as a decorative garnish for the mini pumpkin breads. They also add a subtle cinnamon aroma to the presentation.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, we will use the following method:
- Prep. Mix pumpkin, eggs, salt, spices and sugar in one bowl, set aside. Sift flour and baking soda into mixture slowly as you fold it in. This might seem like a pain, but it will prevent lumps! When mixture is completely combined, add up to 1/4 cup water to loosen mixture so that it is slightly runny- like a thick cake.
- Bake. Bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes in mini bundt cakes, until slightly browned. For a loaf or larger pan, bake for 20-30 minutes. Let pumpkin bread cool for five minutes in bunt pan, then flip and let cool on baking rack until completely cool.
- Decorate. Place bundts on top of each other. Trim off any excess bread if necessary to get the bundts to line up and take a circular, pumpkin shape. Place a cinnamon stick in the middle of each “pumpkin” as the stem (do not eat.)
- Pipe stems. Optional: use green icing to pipe swirly “vines” on top of pumpkins from the stem.
- Serve. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Pumpkin Bread Mini Pumpkins
Use Quality Ingredients: Start with fresh and high-quality ingredients, especially the pumpkin puree and spices, to ensure the best flavor.
Properly Measure Ingredients: Use proper measuring cups and spoons to accurately measure all the ingredients. Baking is a precise science, and accurate measurements matter.
Room Temperature Ingredients: Allow the eggs to come to room temperature before using them in the recipe. Room temperature eggs incorporate more evenly into the batter.
Whisk the Wet Ingredients: Whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, vegetable oil, and sugar until the mixture is well combined and smooth. This ensures even distribution of flavors and moisture.
Sift the Dry Ingredients: Sift the whole wheat all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and spices together. Sifting helps remove lumps and aerates the dry ingredients for a lighter texture.
Gradual Mixing: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing just until combined. Overmixing can result in a tougher texture.
Use Mini Pumpkin Molds: Use mini pumpkin-shaped molds or mini bundt cake pans to achieve the pumpkin shape. Make sure to grease and flour the molds to prevent sticking.
Fill Molds Appropriately: Fill the molds about two-thirds full with the batter to leave room for rising during baking.
Tapping and Settling: Tap the filled molds gently on the counter to remove any air bubbles and help the batter settle evenly.
Bake at the Right Temperature: Preheat your oven to the correct temperature and place the mini pumpkins on the middle rack for even baking.
Check for Doneness: To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of a mini pumpkin. If it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, they are done. Be careful not to overbake.
Cooling Time: Allow the mini pumpkins to cool in the molds for about 10-15 minutes before gently removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Decorative Garnish: When serving, add the cinnamon sticks as garnish to enhance the presentation and provide a subtle cinnamon aroma.
Store Properly: Store the mini pumpkin breads in an airtight container to maintain their freshness. You can also freeze them for longer storage.
Serve with Creativity: Present your mini pumpkin breads on a decorative plate or platter for a visually appealing presentation. Dust with powdered sugar for an extra touch of elegance.
Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin puree. To make your own, roast or boil pumpkin until tender, then blend it into a smooth puree. Just ensure it’s well-drained to maintain the proper consistency.
Yes, you can use all-purpose flour if you prefer. Whole wheat all-purpose flour adds a nutty flavor and extra fiber, but all-purpose flour will work well too.
Ensure you thoroughly grease and flour the molds or pans before filling them with the batter to prevent sticking. Non-stick cooking spray can be helpful for this.
Yes, you can make this pumpkin bread recipe in a standard loaf pan. Adjust the baking time accordingly, as larger loaves will take longer to bake.
Store the mini pumpkin breads in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. For longer storage, wrap them well and freeze for up to 2-3 months.
Absolutely! You can experiment with different spices like ginger, allspice, or cloves to create your preferred flavor profile. Additionally, you can add chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips for extra texture and taste.
Yes, you can use different molds or pans, such as muffin tins or mini bundt cake pans, to make individual portions of pumpkin bread. Just adjust the baking time accordingly.
Yes, you can reduce the sugar slightly if you prefer a less sweet pumpkin bread. However, keep in mind that sugar contributes to the texture and moisture of the bread, so significant reductions may affect the final result.
Yes, you can use a gluten-free flour blend as a substitute for the whole wheat all-purpose flour. Make sure the blend is suitable for baking, and consider adding xanthan gum if the blend doesn’t contain it.
To check for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of a mini pumpkin. If it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, they are done. Be careful not to overbake to ensure a moist texture.
What to Serve with Pumpkin Bread Mini Pumpkins:
Whipped Cream: A dollop of freshly whipped cream on top of a warm mini pumpkin bread can add a touch of richness and creaminess.
Cream Cheese Frosting: Consider serving a small bowl of cream cheese frosting on the side for those who enjoy a creamier and sweeter pairing.
Fresh Fruit: A fruit salad or a platter of fresh berries can provide a refreshing contrast to the sweetness of the pumpkin bread.
Vanilla Ice Cream: A scoop of vanilla ice cream alongside warm pumpkin bread can create a delightful dessert experience.
Yogurt: Greek yogurt or flavored yogurt can serve as a creamy and tangy accompaniment to balance the sweetness.
Caramel Sauce: Drizzle warm caramel sauce over the mini pumpkins for an indulgent touch.
Nuts: Chopped pecans or walnuts can add a crunchy texture and nutty flavor that complements the pumpkin bread’s softness.
Berries: Fresh berries like raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries can provide a burst of color and natural sweetness.
Honey or Maple Syrup: A drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup can enhance the flavor and sweetness of the pumpkin bread.
Sliced Cheese: Pair the mini pumpkins with a mild, creamy cheese like brie or cream cheese for a savory-sweet combination.
Cinnamon or Nutmeg Sprinkle: A light dusting of ground cinnamon or nutmeg can enhance the pumpkin flavor and aroma.
Warm Apple Compote: Serve warm, spiced apple compote or applesauce for a delightful fruity pairing.
Tea: A cup of herbal tea, like chamomile or rooibos, can provide a soothing and aromatic companion.
Fresh Mint Leaves: Garnish your mini pumpkin bread with fresh mint leaves for a touch of herbal freshness.
Pumpkin Bread Mini Pumpkins Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media and get in on all the fun!
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- water, to loosen
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 cinnamon sticks, as garnish
- Mix pumpkin, eggs, salt, spices and sugar in one bowl, set aside.
- Sift flour and baking soda into mixture slowly as you fold it in.
- This might seem like a pain, but it will prevent lumps!
- When mixture is completely combined, add up to 1/4 cup water to loosen mixture so that it is slightly runny- like a thick cake.
- Bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes in mini bundt cakes, until slightly browned. For a loaf or larger pan, bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Let pumpkin bread cool for five minutes in bunt pan, then flip and let cool on baking rack until completely cool.
- Place bundts on top of each other. Trim off any excess bread if necessary to get the bundts to line up and take a circular, pumpkin shape.
- Place a cinnamon stick in the middle of each "pumpkin" as the stem (do not eat.)
- Optional: use green icing to pipe swirly "vines" on top of pumpkins from the stem.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 921Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 93mgSodium 754mgCarbohydrates 149gFiber 13gSugar 77gProtein 18g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.