Halloween Oreo Krispie Treats
Sep 06, 2017, Updated Oct 22, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These delicious Halloween Oreo Krispie Treats combine two favorite treats for the most delicious, colorful, and spooky treats you can’t get enough of!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Quick and Creepy Halloween Oreo Krispie Treats
These Halloween Oreo Krispie treats are so delicious- sweet, crunchy, gooey, and wonderful! They have crushed oreos inside, as well as a few oreos on top for a gorgeous display of krispie treats everyone will want to get their hands on!
These are so easy to make and so delicious- they might just become your favorite Halloween snack in no time!
How to Make Halloween Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
First add the following ingredients:
- Butter – I use salted butter for this recipe. It adds a richness to this recipe and helps loosen up the marshmallows and make them adhere to the rice krispies.
- Jumbo Marshmallows – I love using jumbo marshmallows. Marshmallows are just a mixture of sugar, water, and gelatin thats whipped up into a soft but solid consistency. We will be melting the sugar in them to make that yummy glue to hold the krispies together.
- Halloween Style Oreos – you can use regular oreos for this but the orange center Halloween ones make for a special spooky treat. I love the color and texture that they add. Be sure to cut them into at least quarters before adding them.
- Rice Krispies – krispies have a snap, crackle, and pop that makes them the perfect chewy base for these easy dessert treats. You don’t need to use the main brand Kellogg cereal, feel free to use off brand krispies.
Once you have assembled your ingredients, make the Halloween Oreo Rice Krispies using the following method:
Step 1 – Melt the butter and marshmallows in a pan on the stovetop on medium heat. Make sure you stir it consistently to keep it from burning on the bottom. I recommend using a silicone spatula to stir it. Add the crushed oreos and stir to combine.
Step 2 – Pour the rice krispies into a large bowl and pour the sticky mixture over. I like to add half the cereal then pour and add the rest so it’s easier to mix. Mix it well so everything is sticking together.
Step 3 – Spray a casserole dish thoroughly and pour the mixture into it. Put the whole Oreos on the top of the mixture. Put some water on your hands and push the rice krispies to compact them.
Step 4- Leave the rice krispies out at room temperature for at least 35 minutes or until set.
Step 5 – Cut into as many pieces as you want and enjoy!
Tips and Trips for Halloween Oreo Rice Krispies
Tip 1 – Use a non-stick pan. I use a nonstick pan when making the butter/marshmallow mixture on the stovetop. It makes it easier to clean later.
Tip 2- Add other treats. If you want to make these extra special, you can crush up other candies and add them to the sticky marshmallow mixture before you combine it with the krispies.
Yes! These can be made with any type of cereal you want. Cereal is dry by nature which lends itself well to the gooey sugary butter and marshmallow mix. Substitute any other cereal cup for cup
If you wrap the rice krispies individually in plastic wrap they will keep at room temperature for 3-4 days. They will be softer each day you leave them.
If you like these Rice Krispie treats you might also like these recipes:
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 Marshmallows, package Jumbo
- 12 oreos, Halloween style, 6 crushed, 6 whole
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- In a pan on medium, slowly melt butter and marshmallows.
- When they are melted and creamy, add in crushed oreos.
- Pour rice krispies into large bowl.
- Pour melted mixture over krispies, mix well.
- Pour into a very well greased casserole pan and add whole oreos across the pan.
- Let set until firm- about 35 minutes.
- Cut and serve!
Amount Per Serving Calories 153Saturated Fat 3gCholesterol 12mgSodium 171mgCarbohydrates 20gSugar 6gProtein 1g