Easy Cookie Butter Truffles
Dec 08, 2018, Updated Jun 22, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cookie butter truffles – a delicious, easy, no-bake dessert loaded with cookie butter flavor that is perfect anytime you want a sweet treat!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Creamy Quick Cookie Butter Truffles
I know I am not the only peanut butter ball (buckeye) fan on earth… but when I got the idea to make Cookie Butter Truffles that looked just like buckeyes, I couldn’t find a recipe for them- so I went ahead and created one!
I wasn’t so sure how a cookie butter truffle would hold up, or if it would be too sweet, but I can happily say that they are… divine. Cookie butter buckeyes are totally a thing – a thing you need to make asap! These cookie butter truffles are so good and they can be made with a very little active time.
They do require a little time to cool and then let the chocolate set, but there isn’t a lot of work to it. If you like things on the very sweet side, you could make these with candy melts or a sweetened milk chocolate.
I prefer bittersweet chocolate chips- the slight bitterness cut the buttery, gingersnap and sugary flavors to make a great combination. It’s like the best chocolate chip cookie butter cookie ever, but with tons of Biscoff cookie butter truffle flavor!
Tips and Tricks to make easy No Bake Desserts
To make effortless Speculoos No Bake Truffles, there are a couple of tips and tricks that will help you get the best results!
-Chill a baking sheet.
Before making these truffles, I like to pop a baking sheet in the freezer so it is nice and cold – making the truffles solidify faster and more beautifully.
-Thin your chocolate.
To help your chocolate glide over your truffles effortlessly – making them extra shiny and smooth, thin the chocolate with a little vegetable oil. Just a tiny bit will do – or you’ll have greasy chocolate.
-Use high quality cookie butter.
Since this recipe is so simple, you need to be sure you have a cookie butter you absolutely love – whether it is speculoos, Biscoff, or another brand. Make sure you love the flavor!
Other Easy Desserts You’ll Love
If you love these easy cookie butter truffles, be sure to check out my other favorite easy desserts.
Click each one to find the easy dessert Chewy Molasses Cookies, 3 Ingredient Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake, Smores Rice Krispie Treats, Easy Peppermint Brownies, The Best Fudge Brownies Recipe, and The Best Easy Lemon Bars Recipe
Cookie Butter Truffles Recipe
If you love this easy Cookie Butter Truffles Recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media and get in on all the fun!
- 2 cups creamy cookie butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, cookie butter and vanilla until mixed well. Your butter will need to be soft but not melted for this to work.
- When dough is well mixed it will be slightly tacky but not too sticky. If it is still very sticky to the touch, add more powdered sugar, a teaspoon at a time.
- When the dough is ready, roll into small balls about 1" large.
- Place on wax paper and chill in fridge or freezer for at least 1 hour.
- When truffles are ready, melt chocolate 35 seconds at a time in microwave, stirring in between each time in until fully melted.
- Add 1 tsp vegetable oil and mix. If chocolate is slightly runny (comes off a spoon in ribbon, not in clumps), it is ready. If it is still too thick, add more oil slowly (a drizzle at a time- you dont want too much.)
- Using a truffle fork (or toothpick), dip balls into chocolate and remove to set on wax paper.
- When all balls are coated, set in a cool, dry place to set. I like to keep them in the fridge and pop them out a few minutes before eating so they are slightly cool.
- Keeps up to one week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Trader Joe's Speculoos Cookie Butter 14.1 Oz (Pack of 2)
Mini Cookie Scoop, Cookie Dough Scoop, 2 Teaspoons/ 10 ML, 2/3 Tablespoons Spring-Loaded Scoop, 18/8 Stainless Steel, Comfortable Grip
USA Pan Bakeware Cookie Sheet, Large, Warp Resistant Nonstick Baking Pan, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel,Silver
MMmat Silicone Baking Mats - Best German Silicone - Macaron Baking Mat, Set of 3
Nutrition InformationYield 18 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 352Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 7mgSodium 99mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 1gSugar 41gProtein 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.