Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes
Mar 12, 2023, Updated Oct 09, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Ranch pork chops and potatoes is a classic comfort food recipe that is easy to prepare and packed with flavor. The dish consists of seasoned pork chops and sliced potatoes that are cooked together in the oven until tender and juicy.
One Pot Ranch Pork Chops with Potatoes
The key ingredient in this recipe is the ranch seasoning, which gives the pork chops and potatoes a tangy and savory flavor. The seasoning is made from a combination of dried herbs, garlic powder, and buttermilk powder, and can be easily made at home or purchased pre-mixed.
To prepare the dish, the pork chops are first seasoned with the ranch seasoning and then placed on top of the sliced potatoes in a baking dish. The dish is then baked in the oven until the pork chops are cooked through and the potatoes are tender and golden brown.
Ranch pork chops and potatoes is a hearty and filling meal that can be served as a main course for dinner. It pairs well with a variety of sides such as steamed vegetables, a simple salad, or crusty bread. This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you want to make a delicious and satisfying meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
How to Make Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Boneless pork chops: the main protein source that adds flavor and texture to the dish.
- Ranch dressing mix: a pre-mixed blend of various herbs and spices, adds tangy and savory flavors to the pork chops.
- Garlic powder: adds a pungent, sweet, and slightly spicy flavor to the dish.
- Onion powder: adds a sweet, savory, and slightly pungent flavor to the dish.
- Dried oregano: adds a slightly bitter, pungent, and earthy flavor to the dish.
- Dried thyme: adds a slightly sweet, pungent, and earthy flavor to the dish.
- Paprika: adds a slightly sweet and smoky flavor to the dish.
- Salt and pepper: enhances the overall flavor of the dish.
- Baby potatoes: adds a starchy and slightly sweet flavor to the dish.
- Olive oil: adds a fruity and slightly bitter flavor to the dish.
- Butter: adds a creamy and slightly sweet flavor to the dish.
- Chopped fresh parsley: adds a fresh and slightly herbaceous flavor to the dish and serves as a garnish.
To make this recipe, we will use the following process:
- Prep: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).In a small bowl, mix together the ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper. Rub the spice mixture onto both sides of the pork chops.
- Brown potatoes: In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the potatoes are browned and crispy, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Brown pork: Push the potatoes to the edges of the skillet and add the butter to the center. Once melted, add the pork chops to the center of the skillet. Cook the pork chops on each side for 2-3 minutes until just browned.
- Bake: Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- Serve: Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Tips and Tricks to Perfect One Pot Pork Chops
Use a large enough skillet or pot to fit all of the ingredients comfortably. You don’t want to overcrowd the pan, as this will prevent the pork chops and potatoes from browning properly.
Make sure to season the pork chops generously with salt and pepper before searing them. This will enhance the flavor of the meat and ensure that it’s well-seasoned throughout.
Don’t skimp on the butter and olive oil when sautéing the potatoes. This will help them brown and crisp up nicely, adding texture and flavor to the dish.
Allow the pork chops to rest for a few minutes after cooking. This will help the juices redistribute throughout the meat and ensure that it’s juicy and tender.
Garnish the dish with chopped fresh parsley for a pop of color and freshness. This will also help balance out the richness of the dish.
Try different potatoes. You can also experiment with different types of potatoes, such as baby red potatoes or sweet potatoes, to change up the flavor and texture of the dish.
Yes, you can use other types of meat such as chicken, beef or lamb instead of pork chops in this recipe. However, cooking times may vary depending on the type of meat used.
Yes, you can use regular potatoes instead of baby potatoes. Just make sure to cut them into small pieces to ensure they cook evenly with the pork chops.
Yes, you can use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs. Just keep in mind that the flavor may be slightly different and you may need to adjust the amount used.
While this recipe is best served fresh, you can make it ahead of time and reheat it in the oven or on the stovetop. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
The internal temperature of cooked pork chops should reach 145°F (63°C) as measured with a meat thermometer. To ensure that the pork chops are fully cooked, you can also cut into one of the chops to check if the juices run clear.
What to Serve With Pork Chops and Potatoes
Green beans: Roasted green beans with a little bit of garlic and lemon can add some freshness to the dish.
Corn: Grilled corn on the cob is a classic side dish that pairs well with pork chops.
Applesauce: A classic side dish for pork chops, applesauce adds some sweetness and tartness to balance the dish.
Salad: A fresh salad with a vinaigrette dressing can add some lightness and acidity to balance the richness of the pork chops and potatoes.
Roasted vegetables: Grilled carrots, broccoli, or Brussels sprouts can add some color and texture to the dish.
For more of our favorite easy vegetable dishes that pair perfectly, visit our favorite recent posts below:
Pork Chops and Potatoes Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media and get in on all the fun!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture onto both sides of the pork chops.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the potatoes are browned and crispy, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Push the potatoes to the edges of the skillet and add the butter to the center. Once melted, add the pork chops to the center of the skillet.
- Cook the pork chops for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 499Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 111mgSodium 784mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 41g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.