Easy Double Chocolate Chunk Muffins Recipe – delicious, fluffy and moist double chocolate chunk muffins are bursting with chocolate flavor – and tons of chunks of chocolate in every bite!
These super chocolatey muffins are loaded with cocoa and big chunks of chocolate – just like from a bakery, but about a million times better.
These muffins are super simple – no need to separate wet and dry ingredients – just mix, scoop into a pan, and bake!
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
How To Get Perfect Jumbo Muffins
To get perfect high-domed muffins like you would in a bakery at home, there is a specific process to get the best results.
While you can simply fill muffin cups halfway and pop in the oven until done, to get the super puffy, airy, and light jumbo muffins you love from your favorite bakery, you’ll want to follow these important tips for how to get high domed muffins at home:
- -Bake Jumbo Muffins 5-10 minutes more than you would regular muffins.
- -Use a spatula or a spoon to mix muffins, not a mixer.
- -Refrigerate dough, covered, for at least one hour after mixing, up to overnight.
- -Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- -Bake muffins for about 6-8 minutes (until they have risen just past the muffin cup top) at 425 degrees.
- -Reduce heat to 350 for the second half of baking.
- -Always let muffins cool on a rack instead of in the pan, as leaving muffins in the pan will make the bottoms soggy as the steam we used to build a high domed muffin gets trapped and makes the texture soggy!
How To Freeze Muffins
These muffins are great for meal prep since they can be frozen easily if you have too many, or if you’d like to have them portioned out individually.
- Tightly wrap each muffin in plastic wrap.
- Add plastic wrapped muffins to a large freezer sized ziploc bag and freeze for up to 6 months.
- When ready to eat, let muffin thaw naturally overnight in the refrigerator or in a cool, dry place.
- Pop in the oven or microwave to warm, and enjoy!
Other delicious recipes you’ll love:
If you love these double chocolate chunk muffins, please check out some of my other favorite recipes!
- The Best Easy Snickerdoodle Muffins
- The Best Easy Jumbo Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- The Best Easy Chewy Sugar Cookies Ever Recipe
- Chewy Molasses Cookies
- The Best Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Recipe
- The Best Fudge Brownies Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- The Best Easy Snickerdoodle Muffins
- Cherry Danish Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- Easy Apple Sopapilla Cheesecake Recipe
To make these easy double chocolate chunk muffins, you’ll need:
- Jumbo Muffin Tin
- Jumbo Muffin Liners
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Wood Spoon
- Small Ladle
Easy Double Chocolate Chunk Muffins Recipe
If you love this easy double chocolate muffin recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Easy Double Chocolate Chunk Muffins Recipe - delicious, fluffy and moist double chocolate chunk muffins are bursting with chocolate flavor - and tons of chunks of chocolate in every bite!
- 9 1/2 oz all purpose flour about 2 cups
- 3 1/2 oz cocoa powder about 3/4 cup
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup plain yogurt or buttermilk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Toss the chocolate chunks into the dry ingredients to coat the chocolate chunks in flour (which will help them not sink to the bottom of the mix when baking!)
- Make a well in the middle and add in eggs and vanilla, whisking vigorously.
- Using a large spoon, mix rest of ingredients in to muffins until large clumps are gone and batter is consistently mixed - but do not overwork muffin batter.
- Cover batter and refrigerate for one hour to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Fill muffin cups to 3/4 full.
- Bake at 425 for 6-10 minutes, until muffins have puffed slightly above muffin liner.
- Reduce heat to 350 (DONT open oven when you do this) and bake until sides of muffins are slightly crunchy and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (after about 25-30 minutes total baking time.)
Amount Per Serving Calories 852Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 116mgSodium 708mgCarbohydrates 123gFiber 5gSugar 80gProtein 15g