Sweet cinnamon flavor explosion - The Best Easy Snickerdoodle Muffins Recipe is a delicious light muffin with an airy crumb and tons of snickerdoodle cookie flavor!
Toss it all in one bowl, mix, and bake for these snickerdoodle muffins that taste amazing and are so easy anyone can make them!
If you love soft, springy, sweet and cinnamon-y snickerdoodle cookies, you will LOVE these delicious easy Snickerdoodle Muffins!
These muffins are to-die-for delicious, as this special sour cream snickerdoodle muffin recipe stays perfectly moist and delicious for a never-dry muffin that tastes like you just took it out of the oven!
I am including easy tips for how to make healthy snickerdoodle muffins and ways you can take this recipe to the next level - so be sure to not miss all of my notes on making the best snickerdoodle muffins ever in this handy recipe that is sure to be your favorite breakfast treat ever!
Just take me to the easy Snickerdoodle Muffin recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, i think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this easy Snickerdoodle Muffin recipe, simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Muffins With Sour Cream
Snickerdoodle muffins with sour cream stay moist, delicious, and crave-able - they don't dry out, and keep the just-baked fresh flavor you crave so much longer.
Baking with sour cream not only makes your muffins stay perfect - with a never-dry texture everyone loves, even days after baking (haha, like I could ever keep these tasty muffins around that long!) - but sour cream also has a lot of other benefits when added to a recipe!
Sour cream is packed with healthy fat, and brings a ton of nutrients to a dish, and doesn't weigh down breads and muffins like more butter can.
It doesn't get oily, greasy, or separate - just folds in for lovely rich and creamy flavor that is perfect in baked goods.
If you don't have sour cream on hand for this recipe, swap the same amount of greek yogurt for a delicious and slightly lighter twist.
To make "marbled" snickerdoodle muffins (with pockets/swirls of sour cream), mix the muffins less.
For smooth, perfectly blended muffins, mix sour cream into muffins completely but do not overwork flour.
Snickerdoodle Mini Muffin Recipe
These snickerdoodle muffins make amazingly fun and delicious snickerdoodle mini muffins - and will result in a lot more muffins!
This snickerdoodle muffin recipe will make about 36 mini muffins - and will need more cinnamon sugar to roll the mini muffins in since there will be a lot more surface area to roll in the sugar.
Add 2-3 tablespoon cinnamon sugar to a dish for rolling the mini muffins in if you decide to make snickerdoodle mini muffins with this recipe!
These snickerdoodle muffins REALLY rise - so be sure not to overfill your mini muffin pans.
Healthy Snickerdoodle Muffin Ingredient Substitutions
These muffins are fresh, delicious, soft, and amazing - but can be made even more amazing with some healthy muffin baking swaps!
I am outlining my favorite healthy snickerdoodle muffin ingredient substitutions below:
Butter Substitutions for Muffins
If you want to lighten up these muffins and find a delicious, easy substitute for butter in muffins, I have you covered! These lighter butter substitutes will help you cut the butter from this recipe.
- Swap Butter for Applesauce.
- Swap butter for ½ the amount of applesauce in a recipe - so for these Snickerdoodle Muffins you'd use ½ cup applesauce.
- Avocado will change the color of these light muffins - but you can swap 1 cup butter for 1 cup mashed avocado for a delicious, creamy, and fiber filled swap for butter in muffins!
- Coconut Oil.
- While this substitute might give a subtle coconut flavor, you can easily swap coconut oil for a healthier butter alternative. Use a 1:1 substitute ratio.
- This isn't a healthier swap - but if you're looking for something to use in place of butter when baking, you can use a 1:½ ratio of buttermilk. This is handy when you've run out of butter but want to bake muffins without oil!
Gluten Free Muffin Substitutes
I am working on a keto/paleo version of this recipe, and haven't quite nailed the texture I want yet for soft, light, and airy keto snickerdoodle muffins.
While you stay tuned for that, and are looking for a gluten-free swap, I suggest an all-purpose gluten free flour (like those from King Arthur Flour or Bob's Red Mill) that rely on rice and other lighter flours versus heavier nut flour blends, since snickerdoodles really rely on the light, springy, and soft flour texture.
Other Delicious Breakfasts You'll Love:
If you love these delicious easy snickerdoodle muffins, you're going to love these other deliciously easy breakfast ideas. Click the link to head to some of my all time favorite easy breakfast recipes:
The Best Easy Snickerdoodle Muffins Recipe
If you love The Best Easy Snickerdoodle Muffins Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
The Best Easy Snickerdoodle Muffins Recipe is a delicious light muffin that is full of sweet cinnamon sugar flavor - toss it all in one bowl, mix, and bake for these snickerdoodle muffins that taste amazing!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoon cinnamon sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin well or line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, cream softened butter and sugar.
- Stir in eggs, vanilla, baking soda, 2 tablespoon cinnamon sugar, baking powder, and cream of tartar and mix well.
- Fold in flour until evenly mixed without big lumps - do not overmix.
- Fold sour cream in slowly, and don't completely blend into mixture for a more marbled/swirled cupcake.
- Add to muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes, until muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly until muffins are cool enough to hold (but still warm.)
- Spread cinnamon sugar onto a plate and roll muffin tops into the cinnamon sugar to top.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 375Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 89mgSodium 252mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 1gSugar 22gProtein 4g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C's Favorites
If you love this easy recipe, please check out our other reader favorites!
These recipes are all our viral hits - tried and tested and loved by Sweet C's readers!