Easy Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe
May 14, 2021, Updated Dec 22, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These delicious easy ham and cheese sliders are bursting with mustard, ham, and melted cheese flavor!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Easy Ham and Cheese Sliders
If you love ham and cheese sandwiches, you’re going to love these super easy ham and cheese sandwiches – baked to perfection in just a snap! These sandwiches are easy to prepare for a crowd and are totally customizable.
These easy ham and cheese sliders are one of the best easy party foods – simple, delicious, and loaded with flavor. You can also make these with our to-die-for delicious buttery soft dinner rolls!
I hope you love these sandwiches as much as we do!
How To Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
To make these sliders you will need the following ingredients:
- Hawaiian Rolls – Hawaiian rolls are perfect for these sliders since they can easily be cut in half all in one piece and are nice and soft.
- Ranch Dip or Dressing – ranch dip or dressing has a rich creamy texture and are packed with savory richness. You can use mayo if you don’t have ranch, but you will miss out on some richness.
- Dijon Mustard – dijon mustard has some white wine and horseradish which makes it slightly bitter and spicy. It adds a nice zing to these sliders.
- Melted Butter – you will need melted butter to keep the top of your sliders soft.
- Garlic Powder – garlic powder is a great way to get that savory garlic hit into these sliders, you can use fresh pressed garlic if you want a punchier flavor.
- Swiss Cheese – Swiss cheese melts very low but doesn’t have a strong distinct flavor so it won’t be fighting with the ranch or the Dijon. A nice melty cheese helps bind these together.
- White Cheddar Cheese – white cheddar is very very sharp and gives you that cheesy melty bite you want and expect in a slider.
- Sliced Ham – you can use cured, un-cured, peppered, or honey baked ham for this. You just want it to be thin and high quality.
Once you have assembled the ingredients use the following method
Prep Rolls. Remove the hawaiian rolls from the package and cut in half to give you tops and bottoms for the sandwiches. Place with cut sides facing up on baking sheets and place in the oven until toasted lightly, about 8 minutes.
Assemble. Remove and spread mustard on the top buns and ranch on the bottom buns. Place the White Cheddar cheese slices evenly on the bottom buns. Top with half the ham followed by the swiss cheese then the rest of the ham. Be careful to evenly space them. Place the top buns on the sandwiches.
Brush. Combine the garlic powder and melted butter and mix well, then brush over the top buns evenly, making sure to get it into the cracks between the buns.
Bake and enjoy. Place sandwiches in a 9×13 casserole dish and put in the oven again for 15 minutes or until cheese is well melted and tops are toasted. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Ham and Cheese Sliders
Bake to your liking. There is no hard and fast rule to baking these sliders – we have a 15-minute cook time listed, but you can adjust to your liking – some like their rolls extra crispy and cheese extra melted, some like gently toasted rolls with lightly melted cheese.
Mix up the cold cuts. Feel free to use whatever cold cuts and cheese you have on hand. The possibilities are endless!
Packed lunch perfection. These are even great as leftovers to pack in lunches.
Careful cutting. When you cut the rolls in half, if you don’t have a long knife, just cut in as far as you can all the way around and most standard knives will reach just far enough that way.
These baked sliders can keep in the fridge for up to four days in a plastic bag or airtight container.
Yes, I like Hawaiian rolls because they don’t need to be individually cut and filled but you can use any bread you want.
What To Serve with Ham and Cheese Sliders
These ham and cheese sliders bring big wows without a ton of work – guaranteed to make your family drool at dinner time! Try serving with these favorite sides:
My family loves eating these sliders with, The Best Easy Air Fryer French Fries Recipe, Crunchy Baked Fries, Easy Baked Parmesan Crisps, Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Fries, Sweet and Spicy Guinness Snack Mix Recipe, Blistered Shishito Peppers, Raspberry Beet Smoothie, or Bacon Raspberry Cheese Bites
Easy Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 Large Pack of Hawaiian Rolls (24 pack)
- ½ Cup Ranch Dip or Dressing
- ½ Cup Dijon Mustard
- ¼ Cup Melted Butter
- ½ TSP Garlic Powder
- 8 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 8 Slices White Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Pounds Sliced Ham
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Remove the hawaiian rolls from the package and cut in half to give you tops and bottoms for the sandwiches.
- Place with cut sides facing up on baking sheets and place in the oven until toasted lightly, about 8 minutes.
- Remove and spread mustard on the top buns and ranch on the bottom buns.
- Place the White Cheddar cheese slices evenly on the bottom buns.
- Top with half the ham, evenly placed.
- Top with the Swiss cheese slices evenly spaced.
- Top with remaining ham spaced evenly.
- Place the top buns on the sandwiches.
- Combine the garlic powder and melted butter and mix well, then brush over the top buns evenly, making sure to get it into the cracks between the buns.
- Place sandwiches in a 9x13 casserole dish and put in the oven again for 15 minutes or until cheese is well melted and tops are toasted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Hiware Extra Large Bamboo Cutting Board for Kitchen, Heavy Duty Wood Cutting Boards with Juice Groove, 100% Organic Bamboo, Pre Oiled, 18" x 12"
HENCKELS Classic Razor-Sharp 7-inch Bread Knife, Cake Knife, German Engineered Informed by 100+ Years of Mastery
OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush - Small
USA Pan Bakeware Rectangular Cake Pan, 9 x 13 inch, Nonstick & Quick Release Coating, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 356Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 99mgSodium 1315mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 27g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.