Bob's Red Mill provided me with flours and mixes to try in my home. All opinions are 100% mine.
Is there anything more delicious and summer-y than an ice cream sandwich?
Unfortunately, if you are gluten free, there aren't a ton of GF options- so I decided to come up with a delicious recipe for Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches that are so good you'll be eating them all summer- GF or not!
These are fabulous, slightly crunchy, chewy and are perfect with cookies. I don't think I will ever eat a store bought sandwich again- they were too good!
Don't forget to enter to win a $100 Gourmet Giftbag full of delicious Flours and Mixes from Bob's Red Mill- so you can make a ton of these tasty treats!
- 1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, GF
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp GF vanilla extract
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1/2 cup M&M's, Reeses Peanut Butter Chips or other mix in
- Mix the flour and baking powder/soda and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add in eggs, vanilla and maple syrup, mix thoroughly.
- Slowly fold in flour and combine until smooth.
- Fill greased Wilton Ice Cream Sandwich pans 1/2 way full.
- Add M&M's, Reeses chips or other mix in on top (they will sink down during baking)
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Let cool completely in pans (they will be easier to remove without breaking when cool).
- Add softened Ice Cream and make a sandwich and add sprinkles, M&M's or other mix-in.
- Let Sandwich set in freezer 10 minutes or up to 3 months (in a bag or airtight container).
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 569Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 105mgSodium 273mgCarbohydrates 79gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 59gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 7g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.