Bob’s Red Mill provided me with flours and mixes to try in my home. All opinions are 100% mine.
Is there anything more delicious and summer-y than an ice cream sandwich?
Unfortunately, if you are gluten free, there aren’t a ton of GF options- so I decided to come up with a delicious recipe for Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches that are so good you’ll be eating them all summer- GF or not!
These are fabulous, slightly crunchy, chewy and are perfect with cookies. I don’t think I will ever eat a store bought sandwich again- they were too good!
Don’t forget to enter to win a $100 Gourmet Giftbag full of delicious Flours and Mixes from Bob’s Red Mill- so you can make a ton of these tasty treats!
- 1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, GF
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp GF vanilla extract
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1/2 cup M&M's, Reeses Peanut Butter Chips or other mix in
- Mix the flour and baking powder/soda and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add in eggs, vanilla and maple syrup, mix thoroughly.
- Slowly fold in flour and combine until smooth.
- Fill greased Wilton Ice Cream Sandwich pans 1/2 way full.
- Add M&M's, Reeses chips or other mix in on top (they will sink down during baking)
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Let cool completely in pans (they will be easier to remove without breaking when cool).
- Add softened Ice Cream and make a sandwich and add sprinkles, M&M's or other mix-in.
- Let Sandwich set in freezer 10 minutes or up to 3 months (in a bag or airtight container).
- Serve and enjoy!