Quick and easy Instant Pot Paleo Kung Pao Chicken is delicious and tastes better than takeout – in less time than it takes to order! Paleo and Whole 30 compliant.
One of my favorite things to eat from takeout is Kung Pao Chicken – it’s a little spicy, a little salty, and bursting with flavor.
Kung Pao Chicken isn’t the healthiest or wisest take out option – but it is SO easy to make at home, and really adaptable to specialty diets like Paleo or Whole 30.
When I recently got an Instant Pot (who else has one? So far, it really IS worth all the hype!!!!) I wanted to try out a ton of new recipes – and this Skinny Kung Pao Chicken has been one of my favorites so far!
It couldn’t be any easier – sautee your chicken and dump in the rest of the ingredients, seal the instant pot (or cook in a slow cooker), and in just a few minutes out comes an amazingly delicious, diet friendly meal!
You can’t get any better than that – and it takes less time than calling and picking up takeout – or waiting for delivery!!
I hope you love this delicious dinner as much as we did!
If you’d like to add peanuts (which is a bit more standard for Kung Pao Chicken), go for it – I skipped them to be a bit more in line with a paleo diet, but you could also add chopped cashews, instead.
Instant Pot Paleo Kung Pao Chicken
- For the chicken
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped red or white
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup cashews or peanuts, optional
- Green onion, to garnish
- For the sauce
- 2/3 cup garlic coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Add oil to instant pot and sautéed chicken until lightly browned.
- Add vegetables, stir.
- Add sauces and lid, set to seal.
- Cook on meat for 30 minutes on LOW pressure or 15 minutes on high.
- Release and serve hot over cauliflower rice.
- If making in slow cooker, add all ingredients and cook on high 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1799 Saturated Fat: 51g Cholesterol: 510mg Sodium: 515mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 10g Protein: 131g