Langoustine and Grits are a fun twist on the creole classic – Shrimp and Grits. Creole is more similar to lobster and is succulent mixed with creamy grits.
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Trader Joe’s finally opened in Fort Collins recently, which has meant finding a lot of my old favorites (it has been hard living with no Trader Joe’s in Fort Collins for so long), and a lot of new favorites. While I love finding delicious treats I’ve loved for a long time, it’s been great to find new delicacies like all of their frozen seafood. In colorado, good inexpensive seafood can be tricky to find- and things like Langoustine tails pretty much are nonexistent. Their langoustine tails are so good, we’ve had fun creating delicious new recipes for them, and today’s Langoustine and grits is a fun twist on a creole classic.
What to enjoy with you Creamy Grits
For another great recipe with langoustine tails, try this delicious (and deceptively easy) Langoustine Etoufee!
Langoustine and Grits Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Langoustine and Grits
A twist on the classic "Shrimp and Grits" this langoustine and grits is creamy buttery heaven.
- 1 lb langoustine tails, UNCOOKED
- 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup half and half
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 1 cup organic, quick grits
- 3 cups water, or specified amount for 1 cup grits according to your brand's packaging
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- *optional- ½ cup vermoth, cook grits a touch longer if adding this so it is not too runny
- *optional- paprika and garlic, to taste
- Boil water to a rolling boil, add grits. Stir frequently until grits thicken slightly.
- Turn heat to low.
- Add in cheese, half and half, and butter, stir until cheese is fully melted.
- Add in langoustine tails and salt & pepper. Stir to be sure langoustine cooks evenly.
- When langoustine has just turned opaque, it is ready. Overcooked shellfish gives the fishy taste and gummy texture most people don't like. You want it to just be pink- not overcooked.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Palmetto Farms Mixed Yellow and White Stone Ground Grits 2 LB - Non-GMO - Just All Natural Corn, No Additives - Naturally Gluten Free, Produced in a Wheat Free Facility - Grinding Grits Since 1934
[Set of 2] Premium Stainless Steel Salt Grinder & Pepper Mill Set for Peppercorns Sea Salt Himalayan Salt and Spices, Thumb Push Button for 1 Hand Operation
GreenPan Chatham Hard Anodized Healthy Ceramic Nonstick, 11" Everyday Frying Pan Skillet with 2 Handles and Lid, PFAS-Free, Dishwasher Safe, Oven Safe, Gray
Amount Per Serving Calories 310Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 65mgSodium 714mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 11g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Yum! I absolutely love grits and will def add this recipe to my list of things to cook!