Delicious, tangy, sweet, and refreshing, these Lemon Berry Baked Tarts are perfect for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, spring or summer celebrations, or anytime. Made with lemon curd, strawberries and blueberries or blackberries, they are the ultimate combination of sweet and tangy.
Easy Lemon Berry Baked Tarts
If I could describe the taste of sunshine, it would definitely be these easy lemon berry baked tarts! The lemon curd or jam is delightfully fresh with just enough tang to complement the sweetness of the berries and powdered sugar.
You don’t have to be a pastry chef to make these delicious pastries. Made with only 7-ingredients, these baked tarts are incredibly easy to make, too. With only a few minutes of preparation and 16-minutes of baking, you’ll have a deliciously sweet and tangy treat the whole family will love.
We're adding lemon curd to these tarts because we love the light, sweet flavor - grab a jar (or use a recipe) you love the flavor of, or you can always swap it with marmalade, jam, or even nutella, too!
This makes a great easy dessert for weeknight favorites like our Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks, Baked Pork Tenderloin, and Perfectly Broiled Lobster Tails!
How To Make Lemon Berry Baked Tarts
Made with only 7-ingredients, you won’t have to worry about forgetting something at the store. These sweet and tangy baked tarts are quick and easy to whip up. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sheet puff pastry- If the puff pastry is frozen, defrost it in the refrigerator for about 4 hours before using. You should find them in the frozen section at your local grocery store.
- Butter- I used regular salted butter, but you can use unsalted if you prefer. Melt the butter in the microwave in 30-second increments until thoroughly melted.
- Lemon curd- Lemon curd is kept in jars and sold in the jam aisle of the supermarket. If you can’t find actual lemon curd, lemon jam works as well.
- Fresh berries- For this recipe, you will need fresh strawberries and blackberries, or blueberries. Use a combination of all 3 or any berries you prefer. Slice your strawberries into small pieces.
- Almonds- Almonds add a little crunch to the texture. I like to use roasted almonds.
- Powdered sugar- A light sprinkle of powdered sugar on top of your baked tarts adds the perfect amount of sweetness to the tang.
How to Assemble the Tarts
There’s 3 main components to making these tarts, but there’s nothing really complicated about the process. Just take your time and read through the recipe before you begin.
- First, position your oven rack to the center position. Then, preheat the oven to 350?.
- Place your butter in the microwave to melt it, and cover your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, grab your puff pastry and cut it into 10-12 squares. Then, brush each square with the melted butter and place it on the baking sheet.
- Bake the puff pastry for 8-minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove the puff pastry from the oven and top each square with lemon curd, fresh cut berries, and almond slices.
- Place the lemon berry tarts back into the oven and bake for an additional 8-minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the lemon berry baked tarts cool slightly, and then sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Lemon Berry Baked Tarts
- Roll the berries in sugar. If you prefer a sweeter tart, roll the berries in some sugar before baking them in your puff pastry.
- Fold the edges of the pastry slightly. This will help hold in the toppings so they don’t fall off the pastry puff.
- Strain the lemon curd before pouring it into the puff pastry. This will strain out the bits of lemon zest so you get a super smooth curd.
You will first bake the puff pastry at 350? for 8-minutes. Then, you will add the filling and bake at the same temperature for an additional 8-minutes.
It should only take you 5-10 minutes to cut your berries and pastry puff. Then, you’ll need 16-minutes total of baking time. The puff pastries will be ready to be devoured in about 21-26 minutes.
Fresh is best, but if you must use frozen berries, let them thaw completely before using. After the berries thaw, use a colander to strain some of the juice and liquid from the berries before putting them on the pastry.
Lemon berry baked tarts are best eaten fresh and warm. However, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-days. Keep in mind that they won’t be as crisp or pretty the next day.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Tarts are great as a quick and easy breakfast, for snacks, or as a delicious dessert for family get-togethers. If you liked these lemon berry baked tarts, make sure you try some of my other delicious tart recipes. My Rosemary Goat Cheese Mini Tarts are the perfect gift for Mother’s Day and my Nutella & Fruit Tarts are a deliciously sweet treat perfect for any occasion.
For more delicious fruit desserts, click here.
Easy Lemon Berry Baked Tarts Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Check out the web story I made about these tarts!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Lemon Berry Baked Tarts
After the first bite of these sweet and tangy Lemon Berry Baked Tarts, it’s impossible to put your fork down. They are simple, tangy, and delicious.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup lemon curd or jam
- 4 sliced strawberries
- 8-10 blackberries or blueberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F and arrange rack to center position.
- Melt butter.
- Lay parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Cut puff pastry into 10-12 squares.
- Brush puff pastry with melted butter.
- Bake for 8 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, add lemon curd, strawberry, blackberry, and almond slices.
- Return to oven to bake additional 8 minutes, until golden brown and puffy.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over top.
- Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
AHOUGER 4Pcs Dessert Spoon Ice Cream Spoon Coffee Spoon Tea Spoons Fancy with Food Grade Stainless Steel, Artisan Watermelon Spoon Shovel Spoons for Eating Fruit Salad Cake,Ideal Gift Package
Tiptree Lemon Curd, 11 Ounce Jar (312g)
Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Powdered Sugar, 16 oz
Spurtles Kitchen Tools As Seen On TV, 7Pcs Wooden Spurtle Set Spatula Set, Natural Premium Acacia Wooden Spoons for Cooking Heat Resistant Cooking Utensil for Nonstick Cookware, Salad, Mixing, Serving
USA Pan Bakeware Half Sheet Pan, Set of 2, Aluminized Steel
Reynolds Kitchens Cookie Baking Sheets, Pre-Cut Parchment Paper, 25 Sheets (Pack of 4), 100 Total Sheets
Serving Size2 tarts
Amount Per Serving Calories 173Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 38mgSodium 81mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 2gSugar 13gProtein 2g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Leave a Reply