This delicious, loaded veggie couscous is an amazing side for any day of the week. Mix up the veggies to make it how you like it.
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
One of my favorite side dishes to serve my family is cous cous. It is a fun shape, it tastes great, and is super adaptable– but it can be a little lackluster made traditionally. I found a great new trick for making perfect flavorful cous cous every time- and it all involves how I boil it!
My secret? I cook all of my veggies in the pan first to bring out a rich, caramel flavor- then I add some @SwansonBroths, instead of water, and boil my cous cous in the stock for extra flavor!
Such a brilliant idea, right? Swanson makes it easy to add more flavor to your dishes by swapping broth for water! When boiling rice, potatoes, cous cous, pasta or other dishes, it is easy to add extra flavor by using broth- with no extra steps.
This dish goes great beside chicken, fish, steaks, or even worked into pasta salads!
And be sure to find more delicious Campbell’s recipes to keep your fall delicious!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cup couscous
- Basil, chopped (garnish)
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, zucchini, and onion, sauté about 5 minutes until the mushrooms start browning.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook another few minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the spices and sea salt, sauté about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then add the couscous.
- Cover and let simmer on low for 6-10 minutes or until the couscous can be flaked with a fork.
- Top with basil or your favorite fresh herbs. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 563mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 5g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.