Non Alcoholic Ginger Wassail
Dec 22, 2015, Updated Dec 13, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Non Alcoholic Ginger Wassail with ginger and fresh fruit is an easy, delicious mulled cider that is perfect served in a dutch oven or crock pot for a party!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Non-Alcoholic Ginger Wassail
This Non-Alcoholic Ginger Wassail is technically not a Gluehwein as it’s made with cider instead of wine- but it is every bit as flavorful as the adult versions!
This recipe is perfection at a party. It is so easy- dump the ingredients in a pot on the stove or in a crockpot, set to low, and let it simmer away during a party.
Just set out some cute glasses or mugs and a pretty ladle and your guests can serve themselves little cups of cheer!
How to make Non-Alcoholic Ginger Wassail
Assemble the following ingredients:
- Cherry apple cider – if you can’t find cherry apple cider you can add regular apple cider or in the off season apple juice and a cup of applesauce for a similar result.
- Concord grape juice – grape juice adds a very vibrant color and sugar which is evenly distributed.
- Pineapple juice – pineapple is very sweet and adds a nice tropical twist to this warm winter drink.
- Lemon juice – lemon juice is highly acidic and brings a bright note to the party.
- Mulling spices – mulled spices is a mixture of seasonal spices which make it taste like fall/winter.
- Cinnamon sticks – cinnamon is a very festive spice and has an earth warmth that will warm you inside and out in the cooler months.
- Cloves – cloves have a sharp earthy taste that will make this taste extra festive. If you don’t want bits of clove throughout you can stick the cloves into the sliced apple and pear.
- Ginger – I prefer to use fresh grated ginger for the best freshest taste. You can also substitute ginger beer (non alcoholic)
- Apple, Pear, and Orange – I love to add these fruits sliced in rounds for added flavor and texture.
Once you have assembled the ingredients use the following method
Mix. Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker or crock pot.
Simmer and serve. Let simmer for at least one hour on low then remove the oranges from the liquid to avoid a bitter taste. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for perfect Non-Alcoholic Ginger Wassail
Mix up the sliced fruit. You can use any sliced fruit you want for this recipe. I frequently will use lemons and limes for a sharper taste.
Use cheesecloth. I prefer to put the clove and anise in a little cheesecloth pouch so that it doesn’t get in your glass when you try to serve.
I like to keep leftovers in a jar in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to a week.
No, you can drink this at any temperature, but I prefer it piping hot.
What to serve with Non-Alcoholic Ginger Wassail
Check out some of my favorite desserts to enjoy this wassail with.
I’ve come up with some deliciously tempting recipes that are incredibly easy, and perfect for a crowd- like Cranberry Crockpot Cider, Elderflower Mulled Cider, Traditional Gluehwein, even a cranberry moonshine – and today I am really excited to share a delicious recipe I tweaked a bit to taste just like the Ginger Gluehwein I shared– but in a non-alcoholic recipe!
Non-Alcoholic Ginger Wassail Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media and get in on all the fun!
- 1 qt cherry apple cider
- 1 qt concord grape juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mulling spices
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 2 tbsp fresh grated ginger OR 8oz ginger beer
- 1 apple, sliced into rounds
- 1 pear, sliced into rounds
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- Add ingredients to dutch oven or crock pot.
- Simmer on low at least one hour.
- Remove orange from liquid after one hour to avoid bitter flavor from developing.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
KitchenAid Universal Bamboo Tools, 12-Inch
365 by Whole Foods Market, Cloves Whole, 1.13 Ounce
Organic Korintje Cinnamon Sticks | Perfect for Baking, Cooking & Beverages | 100+ Sticks | 2 3/4" Length | 100% Raw From Indonesia | by FGO
Mulling Cider Spices, Mulling Spice Mix, Mulled Wine Spices, Classic Cider Spices (4.0 oz)
Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S-A 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Stainless Steel
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 71Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 6mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 2gSugar 14gProtein 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C’s Favorites
If you love this recipe, please check out some of our top posts!
These tried and true reader favorites are well loved for their family friendly flavor that everyone loves!