We’re so excited Christmas is almost here. There is nothing more magical than Christmastime- and even though the day may pass, the feeling lasts the whole week throughout New Years for our family. We love playing in the snow, skiing, sledding, and being with our family. We also LOVE eating special treats, and sipping delicious drinks! This Cranberry Apple Christmas Sangria and Virgin Sangria is a delicious drink that we’ll have at least twice before New Years- and likely through the rest of the winter into spring.
This classic combination of cranberries and apples is a huge hit- and all the more perfect with a hint of cinnamon and mulling spices. This is a cold sangria best served over ice, but it is delicious, refreshing, and full of wintry flavors that we love this time of year.
I also have a similar mulled cider cranberry crockpot sangria recipe to check out if you love this one- it is so easy to heat and serve at parties! It is SO delicious and easy!
If you are serving this at a gathering, be sure everyone has a safe and sober driver. Sangrias can really sneak up on you- just one and you should probably leave the driving to somebody else. Lets have a safe and special holiday!
- 1 bottle white wine (non alcoholic- sub one bottle sparkling apple juice)
- 1 bottle red wine (non alcoholic- sub one bottle sparkling grape juice)
- 3 cups apple cider
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup brandy (non alcoholic- sub ½ cup italian soda cherry syrup)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup mulling spices
- Sliced apples and fresh cranberries, to garnish.
- In a medium sized pan, combine cider and mulling spices- heat on medium until spices have come together (the heat helps the spices break down- if adding cold they can clump)
- Add cinnamon sticks, apples and cranberries, heat to a rolling boil.
- Remove from stove to cool- about 20 minutes or overnight.
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine cider mixture from stove and all other ingredients.
- Give a good stir and pour over ice.