These delicious soft fluffy strawberry muffins will give you a taste of summer any time of the year and are a great healthy snack or breakfast option on the go!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Quick Easy Strawberry Muffins
Mornings can be R-O-U-G-H around here… Sometimes the best way to get my kids to roll out of bed and get going is to have a delicious, sweet bite waiting for them – and hey I don’t mind sneaking a few.
During the early spring I love to take my kids to U-pick farms and one of our favorites is fresh u-pick strawberries – yum! When we come home with a big crate of strawberries, I am always looking for great recipes to use them up in creative ways. These strawberry muffins became a quick favorite, and they freeze very well! They are also one of my favorite things to give away to friends and neighbors as a casual summer gift.
How to make perfect Strawberry Muffins
First assemble the following ingredients:
- Unsalted butter – unsalted butter add a wonderful fat to the batter.
- White granulated sugar – sugar adds a wonderful sweetness to these muffins, you can substitute with another granulated sugar.
- Eggs – eggs add structure and a nice texture to these muffins. Its best to set them out at room temperature if you can.
- Vanilla extract – vanilla adds a wonderful aromatic taste to these muffins.
- Baking powder – baking powder creates air bubbles in the batter that makes a perfect texture.
- All-purpose flour – all purpose flour has the perfect amount of protein for a delicious muffin texture.
- Milk – I prefer to use whole milk for this recipe and in most baking.
- Strawberries – fresh diced strawberries add a wonderful fresh sweet summer taste to these muffins.
Once you have assembled the ingredients use the following method
Cream the ingredients. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together for a few minutes until homogenized and smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract then gently mix the baking powder and flour until it’s a little crumbly.
Add the wet ingredients. Mix the whole milk and strawberries into the batter until evenly distributed.
Line muffin tins and bake. Line the muffin tin with liners and distribute the batter evenly between the lined tins. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Serve them hot or cool before serving.
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Strawberry Muffins
Out of season strawberry options. I found that fresh strawberries worked best for this recipe; however, if you only have access to frozen strawberries the recipe will still work. You will want to let the strawberries thaw in the fridge before dicing them and you will want to reduce the amount of milk you use by 2 Tbsp to compensate for the extra liquid in the frozen strawberries.
Optional topping. These muffins are great on their own or served with some honey butter.
Cream the butter and sugar well. Similar to cookies, if you want a really excellent result make sure you cream the sugar and butter for at least 5 minutes with a hand mixer.
You can store these muffins in an airtight container or Ziploc bag on the counter for up to one week before they go bad.
After baking and cooling you can freeze these muffins in a ziplock bag. They can be frozen for 3-4 months.
Other Delicious Breakfast Recipes
Whether you are looking for a quick breakfast or something to bring to brunch, check out our favorite breakfast recipes here, like our Best Easy Blueberry Muffins Recipe, our knockout Sheet Pan Pancakes, super easy and totally addictive Easy British Sausage Rolls, and SPAM and Eggs Breakfast Sandwiches!
Click here to see all our muffin recipes!
Strawberry Muffins Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Delicious fluffy strawberry muffins give you a taste of summer any time of year!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, diced (about 2 1/2 - 3 cups)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and fill a muffin tin with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until homogenous and smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until the eggs are fully incorporated into the batter.
- Gently beat in the baking powder and flour until no clumps of dry ingredients remain in the mixture. If the mixture is a little crumbly, that is okay.
- Add the milk and strawberries and whisk again until the strawberries are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Divide the batter among 12 muffin liners and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve the muffins hot or allow them to cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Bovado USA 4 Quart Glass Bowl for Storage, Mixing, Serving - Clear, Dishwasher, Freezer & Oven Safe Premium Quality Glass, Easy-Clean, 4 QT
KitchenAid 6 Speed Hand Mixer with Flex Edge Beaters - KHM6118
The Silicone Kitchen Reusable Silicone Baking Cups - Non-Toxic, BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe ((White, Navy, Sage Green, Dusty Blue), Standard)
USA Pan Bakeware Muffin Pan, 12-Well, Aluminized Steel
Amount Per Serving Calories 240Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 52mgSodium 100mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 1gSugar 19gProtein 4g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Leave a Reply