Easy Grilled Sweet Chili Asian Salmon Burgers Recipe are sweet, spicy, and loaded with delicious salmon flavor the whole family loves. Easy low carb salmon burger patties with a sweet chili asian sauce and kimchi topping that is loaded with spicy sweet salmon flavor!
If you love salmon, sweet and spicy Asian inspired flavors, and juicy delicious burgers – this Sweet Chili Asian Salmon Burger is going to be your next new summer obsession!
It is naturally low carb, lower calorie, and work in a variety of diets and clean eating plans – including paleo diet, keto diet, and weight watchers!
These burgers are juicy, sweet, spicy, and crazy easy – plus they can be prepped up to a day before a cookout (or made and frozen for later), so they are an easy and fresh healthy burger option everyone loves!
These salmon burgers are low carb and keto/paleo diet compatible – for a delicious and indulgent grilled seafood burger you’ll want to eat again and again!
I like to serve my Sweet Chili Asian Salmon Burgers over a bed of cabbage, topped with kimchi – but it’s also delicious served on a brioche bun with a spicy wasabi mayo.
These burgers can be prepped up to a day in advance so they can be made ahead of parties and cookouts, making this a great option for a low carb cookout or BBQ party – and make a great healthy menu item for friends with restrictive diets or healthy eating plans that still want to indulge in a delicious, juicy burger!
JUST TAKE ME TO THE EASY GRILLED SWEET CHILI ASIAN SALMON BURGERS RECIPE ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, i think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy Sweet Chili Asian Salmon Burgers Recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
How To Make a Salmon Burger:
Salmon burgers are delicious and easy – but there are a couple tips to help you make your salmon burgers perfect – including how to shape and form salmon burger patties!
To make these perfect every time, I prefer mixing all the ingredients and then chilling your burgers for at least a half an hour, and up to one day, before grilling. This will help your burger stick together better and cook evenly.
Form patties very tight – and make sure you’re using very finely minced salmon meat to be sure the patty sticks together on the grill.
Alternative cooking method: If you want to skip the grill, these burgers can also be pan-fried or baked!
Easy Grilling Tip: For stick-free, no-hassle grilling, place burgers on a prepped cedar plank or a piece of foil instead of directly on the grill grates.
Tips to Perfect Grilled Salmon Burgers:
These easy grilled salmon burgers are delicious and quick – but there are a couple tips that will help you make the most delicious, juicy, and flavorful grilled or pan-fried salmon burgers ever!
- If you need a keto approved swap for sweet chili sauce, try teriyaki coconut aminos.
- We’re not using much, so you can go with the recipe as listed below if you’re not too strict on your eating plan, but if you want a ket approved swap, grab some coconut aminos with a slightly sweeter flavor, like the Teryaki sauce.
- Be thorough looking for bones.
- Nothing ruins your deliciously juicy salmon burger like a bone in the meat – check your fish very, very carefully to be sure all bones are removed.
- Don’t overcook.
- Fish dries out a lot when overcooked since it has a much lower fat content. You want your salmon burgers to be fully cooked, but not overcooked!
- Kick up the flavor.
- This recipe is insanely adaptable – change up the flavors for all sorts of delicious salmon burger ideas!
Seafood Burger Ideas:
If you’re loving this sweet chili salmon burger recipe, but want to change it up a bit, try some of these other delicious salmon burger ideas!
- Try it with shrimp.
- Shrimp’s light flavor gives salmon burgers an extra salty and sweet kick – add diced shrimp meat to your burger for a different twist!
- Add tuna or other fatty fishes to your burger.
- Add in more than one type of fish to add yo the
- Change up the veggies.
- This recipe takes well to swaps and substitutions – try bell peppers, carrots, bok choy, and other veggies you love in this burger!
- Add breadcrumbs.
- For a lighter flavor, try mixing in 1/2 cup breadcrumbs instead of almond flour.
Other Delicious Low Carb Seafood Recipes You’ll Love:
If you love this delicious, easy sweet chili Asian salmon burger recipe, be sure to check out some of my other low carb seafood favorites!
These simple, delicious dishes are huge family favorites and won’t break your low carb diet – most are keto and paleo compliant!
Sweet Chili Asian Salmon Burgers Recipe
If you love this Sweet Chili Asian Salmon Burgers Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 lb salmon
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 2 tbsp carrots, minced
- 1 cup kimchi, for topping
- 4 brioche buns, optional
- 4 tsp wasabi mayo, optional, 1 tsp per burger
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the kimchi, buns, and mayo.
- Form patties out of mixture.
- Tightly wrap patties in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, up to 1 day.
- Preheat grill.
- When grill has reached 400 degrees (on high), wipe grill with a bit of olive oil and place patties on grill.
- Cook five minutes on each side, until burger is firm, bright pink, and white and browned well on both sides.
- Remove burgers from grill and tent with foil, let rest and carryover cook at least 10 minutes.
- Top with kimchi and serve over cabbage or on a brioche bun that has a little wasabi mayo on it.