The Best Air Fryer Bacon Recipe – delicious crispy, crunchy bacon from the air fryer without smoke or greasy splatter!
Here at Sweet C’s we know we have lots of types of readers – some who want lots of information about the recipes they are making, some who want just certain tips, and some who want to get straight to the recipe. While our posts are longer and broken up into many sections, we do this to provide you with enough information to feel empowered to make a great dish every time you step in the kitchen, no matter your comfort level cooking.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Crispy Crunchy Air Fried Bacon
If you’re looking for the BEST way to make bacon – right in your air fryer – this is the most simple, easy, and delicious way to make it instead of making bacon in the oven!
It is crispy, crunchy, and doesn’t load your house up with smoke or a ton of smell (I love the smell of bacon, but sometimes it can be overwhelming – bacon smoking can really get a strong smell.)
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
How To Air Fry Bacon
We’re adding our favorite tips to perfect air fryer bacon below, so you can get perfect strips from your air fryer – whether you use thick cut bacon or thin cut bacon – every time.
To make this recipe, you’re just going to need bacon, and an air fryer. Any air fryer (or pressure cooker with an air fryer lid) will work – and either thin-cut or thick-cut bacon can work.
Once you have your bacon, we will use this method:
- Lay bacon strips in air fryer so they don’t lay on top of each other for best results.
- Add a little water in bottom of pan to reduce smoke from bacon grease.
- Lay crisped bacon strips on paper towels to collect some cooking grease, and help crisp and crunch after cooking.
- Cooking time is a bit subjective – you may wish to cook your bacon more or less depending on how crispy you like bacon, and how think your bacon is. If you have thinner bacon, or are using vegan bacon or turkey bacon, you may find yourself reducing cook time.
- Air fryers are more of a convection oven than a deep fryer – they circulate hot air instead of frying – so you can always pop bacon back in oven if it needs to crisp up more.
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Air Fried Bacon
Add some sugar! This recipe calls for plain keto crunchy bacon, but we’re adding one of our favorite extra tips below to make delicious, sticky, sweet breakfast recipes below by adding a bit of brown sugar to your air fried bacon below:
- Halfway though cooking bacon, after flipping once, sprinkle a pinch of brown sugar along each strip of bacon.
- Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Flip, sprinkle sugar on other side, and continue to cook until desired crispiness.
Bacon will look slightly less done. Air fryer bacon will look slightly underdone when still in the air fryer basket – as bacon is removed, the fat takes a while to cool, and it will continue to cook, bringing it to a crispier texture and deeper brown color than what you see when removing from the air fryer basket. Remove bacon when it is slightly undercooked from your preferred doneness – about one shade of brown less than what you prefer. You can always crisp bacon more if it isn’t done enough, but once you cook bacon, you can’t make it chewier and less crispy!
Bacon is done cooking when fat has rendered and bits have become crispy brown – but how long to cook bacon varies a lot per person.
Cook bacon to your preferred doneness – extra crunchy and crispy, or lightly brown and chewy.
What to Serve With Air Fryer Bacon
This air fryer bacon is delicious all on it’s own – or in one of our tasty recipes bursting with crispy, crunchy, salty bacon flavor!
Recipes like our German Potato Salad, Creamy Chicken Bacon Pasta Salad, and Brown Butter Bacon Baked Brussels Sprouts are great with crispy air fried bacon in them – or recipes like Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins, Easy Apple Fritter Bread, and Easy Sangria Mimosas are just delicious with bacon alongside!
Find more of our recipes loaded with bacon here:
You can find our complete bacon recipe archives here.
The Best Air Fryer Bacon Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
The Best Air Fryer Bacon Recipe - delicious crispy, crunchy bacon from the air fryer without smoke or smell in the kitchen!
- ¼ cup water
- 1 lb bacon
- Add water to the bottom of the air fryer.
- Place 3 to 4 strips of bacon at a time into the air fryer basket, depending on size.
- Fry for at 350 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes for regular bacon or 10 to 12 minutes for thick-cut.
- Remove from air fryer and place on a paper towel-line plate and let rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Repeat with the rest of the bacon.
Amount Per Serving Calories 354Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 75mgSodium 1273mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 26g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.