Easy Keto Mashed Cauliflower Recipe - a delicious creamy whipped mashed cauliflower recipe that is a perfect keto mashed potato substitute!
If you're on a keto diet, and missing mashed potatoes, you're in luck - I have THE BEST easy mashed cauliflower recipe - it is so rich, buttery, and flavorful - you won't miss spuds on your Thanksgiving table!
This mashed cauliflower is whipped with heavy cream, parmesan, and loads of butter, for a indulgent flavor that doesn't taste low carb... even non-keto picky eaters grab for seconds.
If you have kids who don't love vegetables, especially cauliflower, this recipe is a great way to get them going back for more.
It is buttery and rich instead of bitter - and whipped instead of heavy and starchy - for the best low carb cauliflower side dish!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do.
I have readers from all levels skill and comfort in the kitchen on my site - so I try to provide as much information as possible for my readers.
If you'd rather skip over all that, click the "skip to recipe" button, or please scroll to the bottom of the page.
Table of contents
Tips to Perfect Mashed Cauliflower
Letting perfect whipped creamy mashed cauliflower is crazy easy - but I'm adding a couple extra tips for perfect mashed cauliflower!
Cauliflower gives off a LOT of moisture - I like to set it in a cheesecloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible before mashing.
This will help give a good thick consistency, instead of being overly watery.
Mix Until Smooth
Since cauliflower doesn't have the starched potatoes do, we're not running a risk of overworking the cauliflower - it won't turn gummy if you mix it more - so if you want no lumps, go for it!
If you'd like a little lumpy bits for extra texture, that's fine too.
Make it perfect for your tastes!
Undercook Cauliflower Slightly
When cooking cauliflower to the perfect consistency for mashed cauliflower, it is better to very slightly undercook it.
Cauliflower should bee tender to the touch when pressed with the tines of a fork - but not so soft it smushes.
Leaving cauliflower in boiling water too long will make it very mushy and watery.
Make Ahead Mashed Cauliflower
Since I often make this keto mashed potato substitute on holidays like Thanksgiving, space and time is at a premium.
Luckily, this cauliflower recipe actually tastes better from reheating - so go ahead and make it a day early, then refrigerate in an airtight bowl and reheat by adding to a well-greased baking dish (or cover it in parchment paper), covered with foil.
Simply pop in the oven (add more parmesan or keto breadcrumbs for a little crunch!), and heat to piping hot, about 15 minutes.
I'll often just pop it in with the rolls, after the turkey is cooked, so it is still hot when serving.
Other Keto Side Dishes You'll Love
If you love this keto mashed cauliflower recipe, be sure to check out some of my other favorite keto side dishes - like my roasted cauliflower with cilantro pesto (its truly a knockout!) and keto ham and cheese rolls!
- The Best Easy Keto Garlic Butter Rolls Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Cheddar and Garlic Jalapeno Poppers
- Perfect Sauteed Mushrooms
- Brown Bag Herb Roasted Turkey
- The Best Easy Prime Rib Recipe
- The Best Baked Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin
- The Best Easy Broiled Lobster Tails Recipe
- The Best Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe
The Best Easy Keto Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
If you love this easy mashed cauliflower recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review (click the stars in the recipe below) and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 6 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on the stove, add cauliflower.
- Steam for 15 minutes until cauliflower is soft to the touch.
- Drain cauliflower and cover with a lid while butter is prepared.
- In the same pot, heat the butter over medium high heat. Sauté garlic until softened and fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- In a stand mixer, or with a large bowl with a hand mixer, add cauliflower, heavy cream, seasonings, melted butter and garlic.
- Mix on high until smooth.
- Top with diced chives and serve immediately!
Other Sweet C's Favorite Recipes
If you loved this easy keto side dish, please check out my other favorite recipes - many of them are even low carb and keto compliant!