The Best Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe – delicious juicy roasted turkey breast perfect for Thanksgiving dinner for two to four guests!
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Baked Turkey Breast
Oven Roasted Turkey Breast is one of the easiest dishes to make for Thanksgiving – it is smaller so it cooks faster than an entire turkey, plus it’s the perfect amount of turkey for 2-3 guests.
This baked turkey breast is the perfect dishes to make for a 2 person Thanksgiving, without committing to leftovers for ages.
If you’re hosting a small dinner or Thanksgiving, this easy turkey breast is the perfect recipe – and all you need is a couple of basic ingredients, an oven, a baking sheet or roasting pan, and and a wire rack!
I hope you love this juicy, never-dry baked turkey breast as much as I do!
I have readers from all levels of comfort and experience in the kitchen on my site – and I get a lot of questions about recipes.
To better serve all readers on Sweet C’s, I’ve made a commitment to put lots of information in my posts.
If you’d like to skip over that information, please simply click the “skip to recipe” button in the top left corner, click the section you’d like to immediately jump to in the table of contents, or simply scroll.
How To Bake Turkey Breast
Baking a turkey breast is easy – and a great solution for Thanksgiving dinners for small groups or families.
There are a couple simple steps to be sure to follow when roasting a turkey breast in the oven to be sure the turkey doesn’t dry out.
Butter Turkey Breast. Getting a delicious, crispy, golden brown crunch on a turkey breast is essential for tons of rich, meaty flavor – and adding butter to the uncooked turkey is a great way to help get your turkey a fabulous golden brown.
I try to use half a stick of butter around the turkey breast – rub it all over AND under the turkey skin – and half of the butter spread across the top of the turkey again halfway through cooking, when you take the foil tent off to help it get golden brown.
This will help your turkey crisp up for a perfect delicious crunchy skin!
Brine Turkey Breast. Brining Turkey helps to lock in the turkey’s moisture so it doesn’t dry out during baking time – and helps to eliminate the need for basting as your turkey cooks.
A simple brine is all you need to make your turkey breast a knockout – try my delicious easy turkey brine recipe below:
Easy Turkey Brine Recipe
This easy turkey brine is perfect for an entire turkey – or just a turkey breast – and is easy to whip up.
Place brine and turkey in a plastic bag and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Do not use turkey brine after raw turkey has been in it – always discard excess.
Easy Turkey Brine Ingredients:
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 gallon vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice berries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons savory
- 1 gallon ice cubes
Easy Turkey Brine Instructions:
- Bring all ingredients, except ice to a boil.
- After you reach a rolling boil, turn off heat and let cool.
- Combine cooled brine with ice inside a large bag in a beverage cooler, stock pot, or other large container with a tight fitting lid.
- Submerge turkey and seal container.
- Brine for at least 12 hours and up to 3 days – be sure to keep turkey cold with ice as it brines.
Tips To Perfect Roasted Turkey Breast & FAQs
These tips will help you get a perfect turkey breast, every time – and solve some common problems readers have!
How To Make Turkey for Two People
If you want to make an easy turkey dinner for two people, this turkey breast recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving – you will have enough for two diners, plus some extras for leftover sandwiches.
This baked turkey breast recipe serves 6 people one serving – but I think it is the perfect amount for a group of 2-4 people on Thanksgiving when we tend to eat a bit more than one serving!
Pick a turkey breast of around 7 pounds for up to 6 servings cooked turkey breast meat.
If you’re looking for another delicious and super easy turkey breast recipe that you will love, check out my Slow Cooker Turkey Breast in Gravy Recipe!
It cooks right in gravy in your slow cooker for no-fail, never-dry turkey the whole family loves!
Turkey is best when brined, to help preserve moisture and keep your turkey from drying out – but also to infuse flavor throughout the turkey breast.
When your turkey reaches 160 degrees internal temperature (use a thermometer and insert into the fattest part of turkey breast to get an accurate temperature), it is ready to come out of the oven.
Turkey is fully cooked and safe to eat at 165 degrees – but turkey will carryover cook the extra five degrees after removing from oven. Let rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
What to Serve With Roasted Turkey
This roasted turkey is easy and delicious – great for an unfussy Thanksgiving.
If you’re looking for simple, delicious sides to go along with this roasted turkey breast, I have simple, delicious sides that are perfect to share for Thanksgiving!
- The Best Easy Baked Scalloped Corn Recipe
- The Best Yeast Rolls Recipe
- The Best Classic Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Garlic Chinese Style Green Beans
- Easy Roasted Beets and Sweets
- The Best Easy No Knead Bread
- The Best French Onion Soup Ever
- Keto Garlic Artichoke Rolls Recipe
- Whole Roasted Onions Recipe
- The Best Easy Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- Crispy Herbed Potatoes
You can find the rest of our side dishes at our side dish index page – The Best Easy Side Dishes.
The Best Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe
If you love this easy oven roasted turkey breast recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
The Best Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe - delicious juicy roasted turkey breast perfect for Thanksgiving dinner for two or three!
- 1 7lb. bone-in turkey breast, giblets removed
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tbsp Italian Herbs Blend
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Optional Aromatics:
- 1 medium onion chopped into large slices
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 1 orange or lemon, sliced thin
- Pat turkey dry with paper towels.
- Generously rub turkey breast with softened butter - rub butter all around turkey, and carefully lift up skin to rub butter under turkey skin, too.
- Stuff turkey breast cavity with aromatics.
- Add chicken stock to the bottom of roasting pan.
- Coat turkey breast with herbs and spices.
- Place turkey on metal rack in roasting pan or over a baking sheet.
- Tent turkey loosely with foil for first 30 minutes of roasting time.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour; baste turkey breast with remaining butter mixture occasionally.
- Roast around 1-1 1/2 hours, until the juices run clear and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast, not touching bone, reads 165 degrees.
- Tent with foil for at least 10 minutes before carving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 188Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 53mgSodium 833mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 6g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Other Favorite Sweet C’s Recipes:
If you love this delicious easy roasted turkey breast recipe, please check out some of our other favorite easy dishes! Many are low carb and under 30 minutes active cooking time!