Air Fried Nandos Chicken Wings Recipe
Jan 30, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Air Fried Nandos Chicken Wings Recipe – an easy keto air fried chicken wing recipe tossed in a spicy garlic nandos sauce that everyone loves!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Crispy Air Fried Chicken Wings Tossed in Nando’s Sauce
I love Nando’s – it’s no secret. Unfortunately, I live hundreds of miles from the closest Nando’s to me (come to Colorado with your delicious chicken, please, friends!) – but thankfully, Nando’s sauces are sold in stores pretty much everywhere, and widely available online.
What makes this sauce so addictive? It’s spicy (or mild, but I love heat), with lots of onion, lemon, paprika, and lemon. They have lots of flavors – I love the garlic parmesan in my Lemon Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings Recipe – but the garlic or hot are my absolute favorites.
This recipe is great because it’s super simple – just chicken, a bit of butter, and sauce. It’s really all about the method you’re going to use to get perfect crispy, crunchy chicken wings and how to best toss them in sauce so they stay crunchy but are packed with tons of flavor!
It couldn’t be any easier than this simple method for how to air fry chicken wings – just season, place in the fryer basket, flip the wings, and then toss in sauce! You don’t have to worry about wings being cooked through – this method is SO easy in an air fryer.
I’m also giving a simple and easy option to make in the oven if you don’t have an air fryer – extra no oil needed!
If you’ve ever been to London (or the handful of US cities that have a Nandos), you know how delicious their peri peri sauce is – it is tangy, full of flavor, and often spicy!
I was over the moon when US grocery stores started carrying Nando’s sauces – and have two go-to recipes bursting with Nandos flavor – 3 Ingredient Nandos Peri Peri Chicken and One Pot Knockoff Nandos Spicy Peri Peri Rice.
While the rice doesn’t qualify as a keto dish, the chicken does – because all of Nando’s sauces are keto and low carb friendly!
I don’t just love Nando’s Peri Peri Sauces for the amazing flavor – I love to use them because they all are sugar and carb free, making them the best choice for wings, chicken drumsticks, and more.
Hot, mild, XX Hot, Garlic, Lemon and Pepper – all have no carbs, according to their bottle’s nutrition information.
Since Nando’s sauce is delicious on wings, chicken, steak, fish, vegetables, pork, and even in rice – there are so many ways you can use it.
How To Air Fry Chicken Wings
To make this recipe, you will need:
- Extra virgin olive oil – just a tiny bit of oil helps salt and pepper stick to wings and helps wings crisp in air fryer to a crunchy, perfect texture that tastes like deep fried. Just a tiny bit does the trick!
- Chicken wings – you can use whole wing pieces, but I prefer to cut my wings apart for the best texture, and so they are easier to eat. You can buy wing pieces already cut apart – but they tend to be more expensive. To separate wings into pieces, use a sharp knife and cut at the joint.
- Salt – salt helps pull moisture from chicken skin and re-inject back into chicken meat, so it flavors the chicken, allows chicken to crisp, and keeps chicken from drying out!
- Fresh cracked pepper – a bit of fresh cracked black pepper has an earthy, spicy heat that balances the paprika, onion, and citrus flavor of nandos sauce.
- Nandos sauce – Nando’s sauce comes in a variety of flavors – but is based off Piri-Piri ingredients and known for a tangy, spicy, earthy and addictive mix of garlic, onion, paprika, and citrus.
- Butter – a bit of butter thins the sauce to make it easier to toss and stick to wings, and adds a bit of a rich fat balance to the spicy sauce.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, we will use the following method:
- Prep. In a bowl or plastic bag, toss wings in olive oil. This wont coat wings much, it is just a little oil to help crisp the wings more. Generously salt and pepper wings.
- Air fry. Place wings in air fryer basket so they aren’t crowding each other. Fry in air fryer for 25 minutes at 375 degrees, pulling out basket to quickly shake wings to rotate them every 5 minutes or so. After 25 minutes, shake wings again, and then fry at 400 for 6 minutes to make wings extra crunchy.
- Make sauce. As wings are in final fry, melt butter in small pot on stovetop, adding in nandos sauce when it is melted. Stir well to mix, remove from heat.
- Toss in sauce. Add chicken wings when fried to a large bowl. Drizzle sauce over wings, stirring them to mix sauce evenly. Toss wings in sauce until evenly coated.
- Enjoy! Plate and serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Air Fried Nando’s Wings
There are a couple of tips and tricks to get perfect air fried wings every time – to get the best wings, follow these simple tricks:
Don’t stack on top of each other. While it will take extra time, wings should be given enough room to crisp up in the basket on their own – overcrowding the pan will cause the chicken to not fry at as high a temperature, making them soggier and less crispy and crunchy.
Shake basket every 5 minutes. This will help to ensure your wings crisp evenly. Some people flip their wings with tongs – which is certainly more accurate – but if you’d like to speed up the process, shaking the basket well will help move the wings around enough to flip them without having to flip each individual wing. Simply remove the basket as the air fryer is cooking and give it a quick shake – then place back in the fryer and let it continue to cook.
Toss wings in sauce in a bowl. The easiest way to add sauce to your wings is to place wings from the air fryer into a large bowl, and then drizzle sauce mixture on top, tossing wings in it as you go. When wings are coated, plate and serve immediately.
Extra Crunchy Air Fried Wings. If you want super-crunchy air fried wings, there is a little bit of a process to get the wings to crisp without breading (your sauce will be fried in with the wings at the end for a chicken wing that is less wet or sticky feeling, and more crunchy.) To get extra crunchy wings, follow these steps:
- Fry chicken wings as called for, except the final round at 400 degrees.
- Toss wings in sauce.
- Shake off excess.
- Place back in fryer basket and fry at 400 for 3-4 minutes.
It can be so hard to find sauces and dips that are keto compliant or low carb – so many have added sugars!
To buy a sampler pack of Nandos sauces, please click here.
Chicken wings are done cooking when they are crispy, crunchy, and have reached 165 degrees internal temperature.
I air fry chicken wings at 350-400 degrees or as high as your air fryer will go for maximum crunch.
Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to four days, or frozen for up to four months.
What to Serve With Nandos Air Fried Chicken Wings
If you’re looking for delicious easy gameday ideas, check out some of my favorites like Easy Chili, Air Fryer French Fries, Bacon Wrapped Cheddar and Garlic Jalapeno Poppers, Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs, Pickled Carrot and Jalapeno Salsa, Shredded Chicken Tacos, Fried Pickle Ranch Dip – and more:
Air Fried Nandos Chicken Wings Recipe
If you love this delicious easy keto air fried nandos chicken wings recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 4 tbsp nandos sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a bowl or plastic bag, toss wings in olive oil. This wont coat wings much, it is just a little oil to help crisp the wings more.
- Generously salt and pepper wings.
- Place wings in air fryer basket so they aren't crowding each other.
- Fry in air fryer for 25 minutes at 375 degrees, pulling out basket to quickly shake wings to rotate them every 5 minutes or so.
- After 25 minutes, shake wings again, and then fry at 400 for 6 minutes to make wings extra crunchy.
- As wings are in final fry, melt butter in small pot on stovetop, adding in nandos sauce when it is melted.
- Stir well to mix, remove from heat.
- Add chicken wings when fried to a large bowl.
- Drizzle sauce over wings, stirring them to mix sauce evenly.
- Toss wings in sauce until evenly coated.
- Plate and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Nando's PERi-PERi Hot Sauce Variety Pack - Medium, Hot, Garlic, Lemon & Herb | Flavorful Hot Sauce Gift Set Box | Great as Wing Sauces! Gluten Free - 9.1 oz (4 Pack)
COSORI Air Fryer Oven Combo 5.8QT Max Xl Large Cooker (Cookbook with 100 Recipes), One-Touch Screen with 11 Precise Presets and Shake Reminder, Nonstick and Dishwasher-Safe Square Design Basket, Black
Instant Pot Duo Crisp 11-in-1 Air Fryer and Electric Pressure Cooker Combo with Multicooker Lids that Air Fries, Steams, Slow Cooks, Sautés, Dehydrates, & More, Free App With Over 800 Recipes, 8 Quart
Ninja FD401 Foodi 12-in-1 Deluxe XL 8 qt. Pressure Cooker & Air Fryer that Steams, Slow Cooks, Sears, Sautés, Dehydrates & More, with 5 qt. Crisper Basket, Deluxe Reversible Rack & Recipe Book, Silver
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 2 wings
Amount Per Serving Calories 236Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 54mgSodium 677mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 9g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.