Lemon Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings - crispy crunchy oven baked chicken wings with a lemon garlic parmesan sauce! Tons of tips to help you make perfect crunchy wings at home, even if you've never cooked chicken wings before.
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings Recipe - delicious easy keto oven baked chicken wings with a rich garlic parmesan flavor and tons of lemon!
These lemon garlic parmesan baked chicken wings are a huge hit with the whole family - they are crunchy and loaded with a buttery rich parmesan and garlic sauce - and are mild enough that everyone can eat them.
Parmesan and garlic pair perfectly together in this deliciously rich sauce - and these chicken wings are naturally low carb and keto since they are unbreaded!
These wings are great for game day since they can stay in the oven - and don’t use up a ton of counter space.
Crunchy Baked Chicken Wings With Lemon Garlic Parmesan Sauce
Baking chicken wings is one of the easiest ways to make wings - despite what you might think, you don't have to deep fry wings to get a super crunchy texture - you can get it right from your oven, with our go-to baked wings method. We've been making wings like this for years, and they are always the first thing gone at parties - we eat wings a few times a week, we love them so much.
We just KNOW you're going to love these delicious crispy, crunchy baked chicken wings!
- If you've never made chicken wings --> never fear! We're going to walk you through how to cook them, step by step, so you are confident enough to rock this recipe.
- Baked chicken wings are crazy easy, super crunchy, and don't require ANY special equipment!
- This lemon garlic parmesan sauce can be customized to how YOU like it - make it spicy, add more garlic, however you like it!
- Baked wings are easy to prepare and super simple to clean up - line the pan with foil and simply toss to clean up.
- Baked wings cut down on smoke and cooking smells - leaving your kitchen party-ready.
- Cooking chicken wings in the oven gives a great crunchy texture without adding extra oil or breading - so this recipe is great for keto diets!
How To Make Lemon Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings
To bake these Lemon Garlic Parmesan Chicken wings, you will need the following basic tools:
- Nandos Lemon Herb Peri Peri Sauce
- Fresh grated lemon rind
- -Celtic sea salt
- Garlic powder
- Lemon juice
- Grated parmesan cheese
Once you've gathered your ingredients, you'll use the following method:
- Bake. Bake chicken wings on a wire rack to crispy, turning every 10 minutes, so they crisp evenly. Finish under the broiler for extra crunch.
- Sauce. In a small sauce pot, melt butter until foamy. Add Nando’s sauce and salt, and whisk vigorously until combined. Remove from heat (or turn heat to low) and whisk in all other ingredients. Add sauce to large mixing bowl. Add wings. Toss in large bowl until wings are generously coated. Toss baked wings that have been patted dry of excess oil in sauce, top with diced green onions.
I often buy flats of chicken wings from my grocery store because they are much more affordable - and often more fresh! Cutting your own chicken wings saves a ton of money, so I try to always trim my own chicken wings whenever I can.
For this recipe, you can use the whole wing intact - but I find the texture is the best when I cut them. Cutting chicken wings down to pieces makes them easier to eat, and also helps get a super crispy texture, since there is more surface area for the heat to crisp your chicken fat and skin.
To cut chicken wings into thirds - flat, drumette, and tip of the wing - follow the instructions below:
- Using a sharp large chefs knife, feel for the joints between the 3 main parts to a chicken wing - the wing tip, the flats, and the drumette.
- Bend the joints backwards, using your hands, to get them to loosen.
- Use your knife to feel where the bones come together, and pressing down hard, cut through the joint. (You don’t want to try to cut the bone - but find the space in between the bones.)
- While you can cook wing tips, they often dont have much (if any) meat to them. Discard any that don’t look to offer you much meat.
These wings rely on a knockout garlic parmesan sauce for their robust flavor.
If you’re looking for a pre-made sauce, I recommend Sweet Baby Ray’s Garlic Parmesan sauce - or use the method below for my favorite sauce.
While you could use shredded parmesan, grated parmesan works best for these wings - it sticks to the wings better.
Tips and Tricks To Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
Crispy and crunchy wings - with no extra breading - take a bit of technique to get to perfectly mimic a deep fried wings texture.
If you’re looking for crunchy keto chicken wings - this is one technique you will want to bookmark to use again and again!
Pat wings dry. We’re using the fat in the chicken wings to crisp them without frying - which is easier if wings are completely dry going into the oven. Excess liquid from packaging or water on your wings can cause wings to steam instead of crisp - making skin soggier. Quickly pat wings dry with a paper towel to get a crispier wing.
Cook wings on a wire rack. Cooking chicken wings on a wire rack encourages better air circulation all around the chicken wings, which will help them cook faster and crisp more. Lightly grease wire racks with olive oil, coconut oil, or another fat you prefer to make it less likely to stick to the chicken wings.
Toss wings in sauce after cooked. This will help to reduce any chance for your wings to get soggy from the sauce. Make sure to use from the oven hot wings - the sauce sticks better to hotter wings what have been patted dry with paper towels to remove excess oil and fat and then tossed with sauce.
Cook to 165 degrees. Chicken wings are done when they have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees and the meat is soft and easily separates from the bone.
Cook at 400 degrees. For crispy, crunchy wings, we recommend baking at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes, flipping occasionally for even cooking.
Crisp under broiler. Before saucing, we recommend crisping wings under the broiler of your oven for 4-5 minutes (taking care to be sure they do not burn), for extra crunch.
Other Easy Chicken Wing Recipes You'll Love
If you love these Keto Garlic Parmesan Baked Wings, you'll love my other chicken wing (and chicken drumstick) recipes!
- Cajun Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- Air Fried Nandos Chicken Wings Recipe
- The Best Crispy Baked Chicken Wings Ever Recipe
- Slow Cooker Tinga Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Wings Recipe
- Honey Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe
- The Best Instant Pot Chicken Wings Recipe
Click each link to find my favorites - including air fried nando's wings, crunchy baked wings, and honey soy wings!
You can also find other easy chicken recipes, like my Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breasts, Easy Chicken Enchilada Pie Bake, Skillet Baked Chicken Fajitas, Creamy Ranch Chicken Alfredo, One Pot Cheesy Chicken and Green Chile Skillet in our complete chicken recipe archives here.
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
If you love this lemon garlic parmesan baked chicken wing recipe as much as I do, please rate it five stars (just click the stars in the recipe below) and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
Lemon Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings Recipe - crispy crunchy oven baked chicken wings with a lemon garlic parmesan sauce!
- 2 lbs chicken wings - separated into wing pieces (ie: "flats" cut off from drumette and wing tip)
- -½ cup Nandos Lemon Herb Peri Peri Sauce
- -½ teaspoon fresh grated lemon rind
- -4 tablespoon butter
- -½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- -2 teaspoon garlic powder
- -1 oz lemon juice
- -¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
To Bake Crispy Wings:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line two large baking sheets (with a large rim) with parchment paper or foil.
- Set a wire rack (preferably a nonstick rack, or lightly greased) over baking sheets.
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towels.
- Divide wings between wire racks and spread out in a single layer.
- Bake wings until cooked through and skin is crispy, 45–50 minutes.
- For extra crunch, broil under broiler on high for 2-3 minutes per side - watch CAREFULLY to make sure wings don't burn or over-crisp.
For the Sauce:
- In a small sauce pot, melt butter until foamy.
- Add Nando’s sauce and salt, and whisk vigorously until combined.
- Remove from heat (or turn heat to low) and whisk in all other ingredients.
- Add sauce to large mixing bowl.
For Garlic Parmesan Baked Wings:
- Add wings.
- Toss in large bowl until wings are generously coated.
- Toss baked wings that have been patted dry of excess oil in sauce, top with diced green onions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Serving Size2 wing pieces
Amount Per Serving Calories 384Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 119mgSodium 607mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 22g
Totally enjoyable one!! Thanks a lot!
OMG I need to make another batch. These went way too fast.
These sound heavenly! Printing now!
These are some of our favorite chicken wings! So juicy and flavorful!
So, so, sooooooo good! The flavors are off the chart DELISH!