The best easy bacon wrapped chicken bites – chicken strips wrapped in thick cut bacon and baked for tons of easy, delicious keto chicken and bacon flavor!
If you love bacon, and you love chicken, these chicken bacon bites are going to be your next favorite recipe!
These chicken bites are low carb, packed with flavor, and so easy to make – they make a great appetizer, a tasty snack, or a fun chicken strip alternative that doesn’t add any gluten, sugar, or fried breading.
We hope you love these delicious, easy chicken and bacon bites as much as we do!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
How To Bake Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites in the Oven
Bacon wrapped chicken bites are perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or effortless entertaining
- Chicken bites are fun to dip into different sauces, and they are so easy to clean up!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees before adding chicken bites to oven. Having a perfectly preheated oven will help your bacon cook faster, so your chicken doesn’t dry out.
- Plan for 1 piece of bacon for every two pieces of chicken. Cut bacon in half, and then wrap around chicken strips that are 2-4 inches long, and no more than 1” wide.
- Salt and pepper chicken generously before wrapping in bacon. This will help to seal in tons of delicious flavor without bacon flavor completely overpowering.
- Cook on a cookie cooling rack over a baking sheet in the oven so fat drips down and bacon doesn’t sit in fat and get soggy.
- Make sure to coat the baking sheet with cooking spray.
How to Get Crunchy Baked Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
If you want perfect, crunchy bacon that is crisp on all sides, follow the following tips for perfect juicy chicken strips and crunchy well cooked bacon:
- Pre-bake bacon until shiny and fat starts to release and bacon slightly shrinks- and then carefully (when not hot) wrap a piece of softened, slightly browning bacon around chicken.
- Rotate Chicken strips after 15 minutes of baking to encourage even crisping.
- If desired, add chicken bites to a pan and heat on medium until crispy, turning often to prevent sticking and burning.
- If coating with BBQ sauce or another sauce, baste while baking to let sauce crisp up on bacon without making bacon soggy.
- Wrap each piece of chicken with a half of a slice of bacon, so it isn’t JUST bacon! You do want some juicy chicken flavor in there, too.
- If making for game day, you can pre-cook chicken bites until chicken is cooked to 175 degrees internally, but bacon is not yet perfectly crisped. Let cool and store in an airtight container until game time, and then toss on a grill or in a pan to crisp bacon and serve.
Sweet and Savory Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
For a fun and slightly sweet kick to these bacon wrapped chicken bites, try some of the following recipe ideas to kick your chicken bites up a notch!
You can use these suggestions to come up with your own great recipe based off these Bacon Chicken strips!
- Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites. Follow directions below, but sprinkle brown sugar on top as you bake, just a pinch for each chicken bite. Flip chicken bites as detailed below, sprinkling a little more brown sugar on the other side as it continues to bake. Make sure to lay foil under bacon bites so any sugar dropping down can be easily cleaned.
- Sweet Chili Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites. Marinate chicken strips in sweet chili sauce before wrapping in bacon, and brush top of bacon with a little extra sweet chili sauce. Serve with soy sauce or sweet chili sauce for dipping.
- Honey Glazed BBQ Chicken Bites. Drizzle honey over the tops of bacon bites as they cook, making sure to keep aluminum foil under baking sheet to catch any honey that drops off so it is easy to clean up.
Other Easy Appetizers You’ll Love:
If you love these bacon wrapped chicken bites, you’ll love these other easy appetizers! Some of my all time favorites like Brown Sugar Scallops, Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers, Keto Ham and Cheese Rolls, Bang Bang Shrimp, and Jalapeno Cheddar Bread!
Be sure to click each link to find the easy printable recipe:
Click here for our complete appetizer archives.
Other Easy Keto Chicken Recipes:
If you love these easy bacon chicken bites, you’ll love my other delicious and naturally low carb keto chicken recipes!
These are some of my favorite chicken recipes of all time – my classics like baked ranch chicken thighs, the best baked chicken thighs, creamy chicken and mushrooms, lemon chicken, and air fried chicken drumsticks.
Click each link to find the easy printable recipe:
You can find our entire keto chicken recipe archives here.
These chicken bites can be stored in the fridge for up to four days in an airtight container.
The Best Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
If you love these easy bacon wrapped chicken bites as much as I do, please give this recipe a five star rating (just click the stars below!) and help me share on facebook and pinterest.
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
The Best Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
The best easy bacon wrapped chicken bites – chicken strips wrapped in thick cut bacon and baked for tons of easy, delicious flavor!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 8-10 slices of bacon, sliced in half (for smaller chicken breasts, use 8 slices - for larger use 10.)
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and prepare a baking sheet with a metal cooling rack on top.
- Spray cooling rack with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of baking sheet with foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips, about 2-3" long and 1" thick.
- In a small bowl, toss chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, sugar (optional, see notes), and chili powder.
- Cut bacon strips in half, and wrap around seasoned chicken strips.
- Arrange bacon chicken bites on wire rack and place in oven.
- Bake 15 minutes and flip to other side.
- Continue to bake until bacon is crispy and chicken has reached 175 degrees internal temperature.
- If desired, add bacon chicken bites into pan and crisp bacon even more just before serving.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce, and enjoy!
*Optional - add 2 tbsp brown sugar to spices for a sweet and spicy bacon wrapped chicken bites recipe.
Serving Size3-4 chicken bites
Amount Per Serving Calories 176Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 61mgSodium 725mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 22g
How can you go wrong with bacon and chicken? Such a great recipe!