Baked Pepper Egg Cups are a tasty and nutritious breakfast dish that is perfect for on-the-go mornings or a weekend brunch.
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Breakfast Egg Peppers
Red pepper egg cups are a delicious and healthy breakfast dish that is easy to make - they are cheesy, rich, and loaded with keto vegetarian flavor everyone loves.
Pepper egg cups are made by whisking eggs and filling muffin cups with diced red peppers, cheese, and other ingredients of your choice. The cups are then baked in the oven until the eggs are set - giving you a portable, hearty breakfast that you can customize and add more toppings to your liking!
Red pepper egg cups are a great way to start the day and are high in protein, vitamins, and minerals, without many carbs. They are a perfect way to start your day - especially with a Keto Dalgona Coffee !
One of the great things about baked pepper egg cups is that they can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a quick and easy breakfast on busy mornings. They are also a great option for meal prepping, as they can be made in bulk and reheated throughout the week.
How to Make Baked Pepper Egg Cups
To make this recipe, you will need:
- Eggs: The eggs provide a rich and savory flavor to the dish, as well as a good dose of protein.
- Bell peppers: Bell peppers add a sweet and crunchy texture, as well as a bright and colorful appearance to the dish. They also add a slight bitterness that complements the rich flavor of the eggs.
- Cheese: Cheese adds a rich, creamy, and savory flavor to the dish that pairs well with the eggs and vegetables. It also adds a melted and gooey texture that makes the dish more satisfying.
- Herbs, salt and pepper: Salt and pepper and basic seasonings enhance the overall flavor of the dish by adding depth and balance to the flavors of the other ingredients.
Once your ingredients have been gathered, we will use the following process:
- Prep. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray to ensure the peppers do not stick to the pan. Cut bell peppers in half through the stem end. Remove ribs and seeds. Place the peppers in the pan cut-side up and sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Bake. Bake the peppers for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and crack 1 egg into each pepper cup. Season with the remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, then top each with about 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Serve. Bake until the egg whites are set, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Baked Pepper Cups
Use parchment. While Peppers don't stick much to a baking sheet, if they do stick and tear at all, your egg and cheese will run out.
Cook to temperature. If you like your eggs runny, you can pre-bake the pepper and mix ingredients after it has softened to reduce the baking time for the egg.
Add more ingredients. Crumbled bacon, cooked crumbled chorizo, diced ham, chicken sausage crumbles, chopped spinach, diced mushrooms are all delicious in baked pepper egg cups!
Make ahead. For busy mornings, you can pre-bake these egg cups and store in the refrigerator, then bake to reheat and enjoy on the go!
Baked egg cups can be premade and stored in the refrigerator for up to four days in an airtight container or wrapped in tinfoil.
If you would like to bake eggs to over easy, reduce cooktime to 10-12 minutes, until whites are fully cooked. For soft peppers with over easy eggs, you can prebake peppers 5-10 minutes before adding eggs so they are browned and softened without overcooking eggs.
The time it takes to bake eggs to different degrees of doneness will depend on the oven temperature and the size of the eggs. However, here are some general guidelines for baking eggs in a 375°F (190°C) oven:
Soft-cooked: 8-10 minutes
Medium-cooked: 12-15 minutes
Hard-cooked: 20-25 minutes
Keep in mind that these are rough estimates, and the exact cooking time may vary depending on the size of the eggs and the desired degree of doneness. For example, smaller eggs will cook more quickly than larger eggs.
What to Serve With Baked Pepper Egg Cups
Baked egg cups are a delicious, hearty part of any breakfast or brunch - we love serving them with Easy British Sausage Rolls, Keto Air Fried Scotch Eggs, Sheet Pan Pancakes, Israeli Cardamom Coffee, and Dragon Fruit Salad!
For more of our favorite breakfast recipes, find some of our recent favorites below:
Baked Pepper Egg Cups Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Cheesy delicious baked egg and bell pepper cups for a low carb keto hearty breakfast!
- 4 medium bell peppers, any color
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray to ensure the peppers do not stick to the pan.
- Cut bell peppers in half through the stem end. Remove ribs and seeds. Place the peppers in the pan cut-side up and sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Bake the peppers for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and crack 1 egg into each pepper cup. Season with the remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, then top each with about 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Bake until the egg whites are set, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 106Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 191mgSodium 235mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 8g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.