I bet you didn’t know your air fryer can make incredibly moist, delicious scotch eggs. These delicious protein bombs can easily be made keto and are a great breakfast hot or cold!
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Quick and Easy Keto Air Fried Scotch Eggs
Scotch eggs are a classic British picnic snack because they can be made ahead of time and can be eaten hot, warm, or chilled. Scotch eggs originated in Scotland and were likely once enjoyed with a glass of Scotch, yum!
What’s not to love about eggs and sausage married in one crunchy bite? I often make these early in the week so I have a high protein quick and easy breakfast for those days that start too quickly.
How to make Keto Air Fried Scotch Eggs:
- Boiled eggs – I hard boil my eggs and refrigerate them ahead of time which helps the sausage adhere to them best. See FAQs for more egg options.
- Breakfast sausage – breakfast sausage is high in fat and therefore flavor. You can substitute ground beef if you prefer but it would be a break with tradition.
- Panko crumbs – you can use any bread crumbs you want, if you want to stay keto I love these keto bread crumbs.
- Salt and pepper – salt and pepper bring the flavor out of the breakfast sausage. Keep some extra on hand to season the egg in the center when you cut them open.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, we will use the following method:
- Step 1 – Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees. Season the sausage with salt and pepper in a bowl. Divide the sausage into twelve portions, shape around the eggs to encapsulate each one.
- Step 2 – Roll the scotch eggs in the breadcrumbs then place in a single layer in the greased air fryer basket.
- Step 3 – Cook about 12 to 15 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink, turning them over halfway through the cooking time.
- Step 4 – Let cool completely and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Keto Scotch Eggs:
These tips and tricks will help you make perfect air fried scotch eggs.
Tip 1 – What else can you bread these eggs with? Instead of panko breadcrumbs you can use crushed corn flakes if you want. You can also dip them in a whisked egg before breading for a thicker crust.
Tip 2 – Try it with a sauce. The flavors of these air-fryer Scotch eggs lend themselves to many dipping sauces, but mustard sauce is most traditional. You can also try honey mustard or Thousand Island.
Leftover scotch eggs will last 3-4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can warm for 30 seconds in the microwave or eat them cold.
If you like a softer center in your Scotch egg, you can definitely start with a soft boiled egg. But use caution—you need to be able to shape the breading around the egg without it falling to bits.
What to serve with Keto Air Fried Scotch Eggs?
Keto Air Fryer Scotch Eggs Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
These delicious protein bombs can easily be made keto and are a great breakfast hot or cold!
- 12 large boiled eggs, cooled
- 2 pounds breakfast sausage
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400℉
- Season the sausage in a large bowl with the salt and pepper.
- Divide the sausage into 12 portions; flatten mold around each egg to encapsulate it.
- Roll the scotch eggs in the panko breadcrumbs
- Place in a single layer on the greased air fryer basket. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, turn halfway through, about 12 - 15 minutes.
- Let cool then enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
wahoo 3 Pairs PVC Dishwashing Cleaning Gloves, Skin-Friendly, Reusable Kitchen Gloves with Cotton Flocked Liner, Non-Slip, Medium
NUTRIUPS Glass Bowl Glass Mixing Bowls Set Glass Salad Bowls Glass Bowls Glass Mixing Bowls Microwave Safe Clear Glass Bowls for Mixing, Storing, Preparing Round Bowl (8 inch)
Ninja DZ201 Foodi 8 Quart 6-in-1 DualZone 2-Basket Air Fryer with 2 Independent Frying Baskets, Match Cook & Smart Finish to Roast, Broil, Dehydrate & More for Quick, Easy Meals, Grey
Amount Per Serving Calories 395Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 252mgSodium 1003mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 23g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.