Best B.L.A.T Chicken Thigh Salad
Jul 20, 2020, Updated Nov 13, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This is the best Bacon Lettuce Avocado Tomato Chicken Thigh Salad Recipe Ever – this rich and hearty salad is bursting with bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato flavor – along with juicy, delicious grilled chicken thighs for a filling summer salad that is naturally low carb, bright, and colorful! Great for picnics, parties, or a crowd!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
If you’re looking for a delicious, addictive, and filling salad full of your favorite flavors – you’re in luck. This BLAT Chicken Thigh Salad is one of my new favorite meals- fresh and colorful year-round, hearty, and filling – and it’s a decadent dish that won’t break the bank, either.
This BLAT (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, and Tomato) salad also includes deliciously juicy grilled or pan-fried chicken thighs – using leftovers is great too – making it a healthy, hearty, and wonderful meal that will fill you up without weighing you down.
This easy chicken thigh, bacon, and avocado salad is great for keto diets, paleo diets, low carb diets, and can easily be made with chicken breasts or turkey bacon swapped out for a low calorie chicken salad everyone loves.
Tips to Perfect Juicy Grilled Chicken Thighs
If you want to use grilled chicken thighs for this delicious keto chicken thigh salad recipe, I’m including tips for perfect grilled chicken thighs that are crunchy outside and juicy and delicious.
Be sure to bookmark these tips for perfect grilled chicken thighs, every time – no matter what recipe it is in!
Pat Chicken Thighs Dry Before Grilling
To help your chicken crisp up (whether you choose chicken thighs with skin or without skin), it helps to pat any excess liquid off the chicken before grilling. This will help the chicken crisp up so you don’t have soggy chicken thighs.
Cook Chicken Thighs Hot and Fast
Chicken thighs are delicious when crisped and cooked quickly – not too fast to burn the skin, but at a high enough heat to allow the chicken to brown and crisp while rendering the chicken thigh’s fat.
Tips to Perfect Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs
Be sure to bookmark these tips for perfect juicy baked chicken thighs, every time – no matter what recipe you’re making them in!
Pat Chicken Thighs Dry Before Searing
To help your chicken crisp up (whether you choose chicken thighs with skin or without skin), it helps to pat any excess liquid off the chicken before pan searing. This will help the chicken crisp up so you don’t have soggy chicken thighs.
Pre-Sear Chicken Thighs Before Baking
Crisping your chicken thighs is essential when baking them – or you will have flabby, soft chicken. Crisping (whether you have skinless or skin-on chicken thighs) is essential for rich, delicious flavor!
Start searing with a little oil or butter in the pan and start with the fat side down to render it and crisp chicken before baking.
You won’t cook chicken throughout, but you want it to be browned well with a crispy crunchy exterior.
Bake Chicken Thighs On Rack To Allow Fat To Drip Down
Baking chicken on a metal rack over a cookie sheet or large pan allows the fat to render out of the chicken and drip down without making the chicken sit in it, which often makes chicken thighs soft and “flabby”.
Simply place browned chicken thighs on a lightly oiled wire rack (like a cookie cooling rack) and pop in the oven for best results.
Tips to Perfect Crunchy Bacon
Bacon is a key ingredient in this dish – and while everyone prefers bacon a certain way, crunchy, crispy bacon crumbles are perfect in this recipe.
I’m including tips on how to get the perfect crunchy bacon that is perfect in salads – whether you’d like to bake it or fry it – and whether you opt for thick or thin cut bacon.
No matter the method you pick, be sure to crumble the bacon in the salad for the most delicious results and tons of crunch!
- Pan Fry Thick Cut Bacon Slowly
- Arrange thick cut bacon in a heavy pan in rows and cook slowly on low heat to render the bacon fat for perfect crunchy bacon.
- Flip sparingly, and only when bacon fat is rendering and bacon has browned.
- Don’t let bacon “sizzle” too much – cooking too fast won’t render out as much fat and will result in chewy, not crispy, bacon.
- Pan Fry Thin Cut Bacon quickly
- Unlike thick cut bacon, thin cut bacon has far less fat to render. Frying it quickly in the pan will crisp it up quickly.
- Let your pan heat before adding the bacon to the pan to help prevent sticking, and take care when flipping to prevent breaking if you’d like to have complete strips.
- If you’d like to cook bacon quickly, cut it in pieces (I like to cut bacon with kitchen shears instead of a knife for much faster work) and fry, stirring often, until crisp.
- Bake Bacon on a Nonstick Cookie Sheet or Silicone Mat
- Bake bacon at 350 degrees on a nonstick ceramic cookie sheet or on a silicone mat to prevent sticking.
- Lay bacon flat in rows that don’t touch for even, crispy bacon.
- Flip once for best results.
Low Calorie B.L.A.T. Chicken Salad Recipe Ingredient Swaps
- Use Chicken Breasts Instead of Chicken Thighs
- Using chicken thighs saves both calories and fats if you’re watching fat and calorie counts to make this hearty and fresh dish low in calories.
- Swap Turkey Bacon for Bacon
- Crisp turkey bacon according to package directions for a lower calorie and lower fat chicken salad recipe with a delicious and rich bacon crunch!
Other Delicious Low Carb Chicken Meals You’ll Love:
If you love this delicious low carb chicken salad, be sure to check out some of my other favorites! These easy, simple dishes are hearty, filling, and full of flavor.
These meals are perfect if you’re on a low carb diet, keto diet, or paleo diet – and are naturally gluten free.
Click each link below to find the easy printable recipes: Low Carb Keto Buttery Crackle Chicken Thighs, Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs, Easy Keto Low Carb Cheesy Pizza Chicken, Perfect Grilled Chicken Breasts, Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken Copycat Recipe, and One Pot Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Mushrooms.
The Best B.L.A.T. Chicken Thigh Salad Recipe Ever
If you love The Best B.L.A.T. Chicken Thigh Salad Recipe as much as I do, please write a five star review, and be sure to help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 6 chicken thighs, skinless or skin-on
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 4 strips bacon, fried or baked to crunchy
- 1 avocado , sliced or cubed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups baby greens lettuce mix
- 1 tsp italian herb spices
- Fry or grill chicken thighs until crunchy on the outside and cooked to 165 degrees farenheit in the middle - using high heat. Serve salad with cooled or hot chicken thighs depending on your preference.
- Fry or bake bacon to crispy, let cool. When cool, crumble into bits.
- In small bowl, mix olive oil and herbs.
- In a large bowl, mix lettuce, avocados, tomatoes, and bacon crumbles.
- Layer chicken thighs over salad.
- Drizzle with olive oil and herb mixture.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 364Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 144mgSodium 1130mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 8gSugar 1gProtein 34g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.