Crispy Baked Turkey Wings
Nov 22, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Delicious crispy, crunchy baked turkey wings right from your oven – with simply olive oil and your choice of seasoning! These wings are similar to chicken wings, but have a unique turkey flavor and larger shape with tons of juicy, delicious turkey meat!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Crunchy Keto Turkey Wings
If you love chicken wings, you’re going to really love turkey wings. They are meatier, juicier, bigger, and packed with flavor – there’s a lot more to them, so there isn’t as much work, and the reward is a perfect crispy crunch – you can’t beat it!
Turkey wings have a hearty flavor similar to turkey legs you get at the fair – that perfect roasted turkey goodness – but we’re using a method just like in my crispy baked chicken wings to make these wings give you a perfect crunch you won’t believe – with just olive oil. No deep frying, no breading, no extra ingredients! You can give it a rub with a flavor you love, add a bit of oil, and roast away until these wings are ready to go – you’re going to love them!
You can toss them in wing sauce, just like chicken wings – or eat them as-is – it’s up to you! I hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
How to Bake Turkey Wings
To make these turkey wings, you’ll need:
- Turkey wings
- Olive oil
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, you will use the following method:
- Prep. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay parchment on baking sheet. Using a sharp, heavy knife, find the joint in the turkey wing, and cut the tip from the drumette. Add turkey legs to baking sheet and toss in olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and any rub.
- Bake. Bake 20 minutes, flip, and continue until turkey legs are golden brown, with crispy skin and meat has reached 165 degreees internal temperature, flipping every 10 minutes, about 45 minutes total.
- Sauce, optional. In a small saucepan, mix 2 tablespoons butter with 1/4 cup wing sauce and mix well to combine. Toss wings in sauce just before serving. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Crunchy Turkey Wings
Get spicy. Use any herb blend you love for your wings – we love Franks Red Hot rub, cajun blackening spices, lemon pepper herbs, garlic parmesan seasoning, Italian herbs, or simply salt and pepper!
Use parchment paper. We tested this recipe with foil and parchment paper, and found the crispiest skin came from baking on parchment.
Sauce just before serving. We find it best to sauce just before eating wings to keep your skin the crispiest. I personally love using Nando’s spicy garlic sauce on turkey wings!
Turkey is safe to eat when it has reached 165 degrees internal temperature. For turkey wings, you will start to see meat separate from bone, fat will have reduced, and skin will be crispy.
Pop under the broiler (be careful not to burn or place too close) for 5-10 minutes to crisp skin even more.
Turkey wings are a fabulous pick for people on low carb diets – especially since most wing sauces are also keto and don’t contain added sugars!
What to Serve With Turkey Wings
Turkey wings are a bit of a non-traditional dish for Thanksgiving – but work perfectly in a Keto Thanksgiving meal if you’re watching your sugars and carbs.
We love serving these with The Best Air Fryer Keto Rolls, delicious and easy Keto Garlic Artichoke Rolls, Garlic Herb Green Beans, Brown Butter Bacon Baked Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Acorn Squash, and Slow Cooker Keto Pumpkin Bread Pudding!
For more of our low-carb Thanksgiving recipes, check out some of our favorites below:
Crispy Baked Turkey Wings Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 2 large whole turkey wings (drumette and flat connected)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons wing rub of your choice, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay parchment on baking sheet.
- Using a sharp, heavy knife, find the joint in the turkey wing, and cut the tip from the drumette.
- Add turkey legs to small bowl and toss in olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and any rub. Place on parchment paper when evenly coated.
- Bake 20 minutes, flip, and continue until turkey legs are golden brown, with crispy skin and meat has reached 165 degrees internal temperature, flipping every 10 minutes, about 45 minutes total.
- To sauce: as wings rest, in a small saucepan, mix 2 tablespoons butter with 1/4 cup wing sauce and mix well to combine. Toss wings in sauce just before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 233Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 46mgSodium 365mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 11g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.