Red, white, and blue fruit salsa with jicama, strawberries, blueberries, cilantro and onion - for a fresh, delicious dip for your summer snacks!
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
4th of July Fruit Salsa
This recipe is perfect for fun summer gatherings - it is sweet and spicy, a little tangy, with a fresh summery kick - and you can add more seasonings to match your tastes, too!
We like to sprinkle tons of tajin over this salsa for extra chili flavor - you can serve it with chips, tortillas, or over salads, in wraps, and on top of tacos!
We hope you love this fun and festive recipe as much as we do.
How to Make 4th of July Fruit Salsa
To make this delicious sweet and savory fruit salsa, you'll need:
- Strawberries - strawberries not only lend our red for the red, white, and blue color palate - strawberries are large, juicy, and sweet - with a great flavor that isn't too tart when ripe. Be sure to wash strawberries well and pick ripe strawberries that are deep red.
- Blueberries - blueberries have a perfect blue color, and a bit of a tart flavor that helps to bring a bright flavor and delicious juicy texture to fruit salsa.
- Jicama - jicama has an earthy flavor almost like a radish, is white and works perfectly in our color theme, and has a nice crisp bite that is delicious in fresh salsa.
- Red onion - red onion is less hot and bitter than white onion, but brings a pungeant, earthy, and savory flavor to balance the sweetness of the berries in our salsa.
- Cilantro - cilantro is earthy and vegetal, with a bit of a peppery flavor. Some people don't like the flavor of cilantro (this is actually a genetic trait!), so if you're someone who doesn't like cilantro, you can skip it or swap it for diced green onions.
- Lime juice - lime juice from a freshly squeezed lime is tangy and tart, bright, and helps keep fruit from looking oxidized.
- Salt - salt brings a nice balance to this salsa - enhancing both the sweet and savory flavors of the dip.
- Tajín - optional - Tajín is a spicy, tangy seasoning that is amazing over fruit to kick up the flavor - it is a combination of lime, salt, and chili powder, and it is an awesome addition to this salsa! Shake a bit over, stir, and taste - add as much as you like for your taste.
Once you've gathered your ingredients, you're going to chop your fruits and vegetables and toss them.
This salsa is incredibly easy since you won't need any special tools, won't need to cook anything, and there is no special prep - just clean the fruit, chop, mix, and serve!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect 4th of July Salsa
Dice fruit same size. For the best salsa, we recommend dicing fruit and vegetables roughly the same size so it is easy to eat. Blueberries can be squishy when cut, so they can be left whole.
Use a huller. Some people find it easier to cut strawberries after hulling them with a hulling tool. Buy one here.
Other blue fruits you can use. If you don't have blueberries, you can use blackberries or dark grapes cut in half.
Other red fruits you can use. If you don't have any strawberries, you can use pomegranate arils, raspberries, or grapes.
Fruit salsa lasts 1-2 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator, as long as the fruit doesn't look overly mushy.
You can add a diced fresh jalapeño and add to salsa for a delicious spicy kick.
We also love adding dragonfruit or pineapple and cutting star shapes to mix in for a bit of a fun decoration for the 4th of July!
Other 4th of July Recipes You'll Love
If you're looking for other delicious recipes loaded with Red, White, and Blue color for this 4th of July - be sure to check out some of our other holiday favorites.
Our super simple Red White and Blue Patriotic Punch, Easy White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, 4th of July Sugar cookie Bars, and Easy Vanilla Sheetcake Recipe are classic recipes for the 4th of July!
Easy 4th of July Fruit Salsa Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Easy sweet and savory fruit salsa in red, white, and blue colors for the 4th of July.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- I cup blueberries
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 1-2 teaspoons Tajín seasoning, optional
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- Add the salt to taste.
Amount Per Serving Calories 59Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 521mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.